“Staff are fantastic - cannot do enough for you!” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
Ranked #25 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Cork
“Staff are fantastic - cannot do enough for you!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very Quaint and decor is old. Resort is quite but super clean with fantastic staff and service. Reception staff were very helpful and free wifi was a bonus! Beach front location is amazing also. Would recommend for a relaxing quite holiday. There was no shortage if sun loungers and there was fresh towels available daily. The housekeeping standards were fantastic and so thorough and we found our housekeeper to be very honest. I would not recommend the restaurant, it is good value but the food using great!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Cancun is great!! The Royal Cancun makes it better. The resort is intimate, easy to navigate and the people are wonderful. For one who wants a more laid back vacation this time of year, it's perfect. From the check-in experience to check-out, I was extremely pleased. Little things like a scale for weighing luggage at the bell stand, transportation and full access to sister resorts enhanced the vacation for me. I'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: all rooms face courtyard..1st floor great for families...extra sleeping provided by murphy bed, extr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My overall review of this property is positive. I travelled with my 8yr old son during Mexico's off season. We were informed on the second day of our vacation that we were allowed to visit the other Royal resorts and take part in their activities. We were shuttled to the Royal Sands but due to the overcast weather that day there wasn't very many guests playing by the pool.
We didn't return until the next week when we were told by Guests at our property that the Kid's Club at the Royal Sands was a lot of fun. I was able to spend the day by the pool at the Sands while my son played with kids his age and had a blast!!!
The Royal Cancun was apparently the first resort built and it shows. If you're looking for somewhere to be by yourself and relax then the Royal Cancun is the place to be. If you need to be surrounded by other people and have brought your children then I would recommend the Royal Sands. Either way, the flexibility of being able to shuttle from one resort to the other was fantastic.
Even though we arrived during off season, I would definitely come back during that time as the Royal Sands has a hatchery and every evening at 8pm guests were allowed to line up at the ocean front to release baby turtles into the ocean!!! It was the highlight of our trip and cost nothing...the look on my sons face when he was holding the baby's was priceless.
I enjoyed having a kitchen in our suite as we travel to Mexico every second year and prefer not to be all-inclusive. Travelling around Cancun is very easy and economical if you take a bus. Breakfast in the morning was super easy and there is a market onsite which made it very easy to purchase anything you might have forgotten at the Superama.
We love travelling to Mexico...we love the people and after a few days at The Royal Cancun you get to know everyone from the front desk to where you pick up your towels to the handcraft person to the bartender and then there's the waiter who brought my food to my room at 945pm with all the fixings :) I didn't want to sit in the restaurant by myself. The Bellmen at the front of the Resort are a wealth of information...if you need anything or have questions about where to go, just ask them. Again...very friendly and always helpful.

Room Tip: Our room was on the main floor which was perfect as the pool was right outside our door. My son did...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dawn_MarieM399
Ilford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have just returned back to rainy UK after 14 nights staying at The Royal Cancun. It was our first time in Cancun, and this resort was a fantastic base. The 2 bedroom villa we were in (B1411) was very comfortable, clean and spacious. It was on the ground floor, with the children's pool right outside - ideal for us with our children. The resort was peaceful and relaxing and ideal for us to sunbathe and take a dip in the pool all afternoon, particularly during happy hour! The staff at this resort were all very helpful and courteous and we also appreciated their help in arranging with them two excellent all inclusive trips to Xel Ha and Chichen Itza. I had chosen this resort purely after reading all the reviews and the resort descriptions on various sites, and the fact that we could get a 2 bed villa/apartment and we were not disappointed at all and would go there again in an instance. We also preferred this resort to an all-inclusive hotel as our villa/apartment had a kitchen with all the amenities needed. We didn't want to be stuck in an all-inclusive resort, as on the Hotel Zone (particularly La Isla Plaza) there are numerous restaurants to eat at and all reasonably priced. Buses were cheap (only 8.50 pesos for a single trip) and were plentiful. We were also worried about the weather before our holiday as the forecast looked like thunderstorms and rain everyday, though high temps. However, we were not disappointed and was very fortunate with the weather as every day was sunny, hot and humid and only raining during the night and not at the time when we needed to be outside, or it would be a refreshing passing shower. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A+ all around! Rooms were absolutely gorgeous.. The facility was just beautiful.. Food was great and service was 5star. I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to cancun. I have been to alot if very nice hotels and can't wait to go back there!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Daybreak13
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Please understand that this is not a hotel. It is a timeshare resort. This resort is down past the main hub of the hotel zone. It is only 8 minutes to downtown via taxi. This resort is quiet and relaxing. If you are looking for a party all night long resort this is not it. If you are looking to relax, enjoy a great pool/beach and experience great service this is the place. The staff is top notch! and the entire resort is military clean. I travel every May with my 3 daughters and I never worry about anyone's safety. The security here is always vigilant. The bar service is excellent. It has gotten a little pricey but the drink quality is very good. The restaurant is it a little expensive for what it is, but it is not bad. I cannot say enough about the staff and the cleanliness off the facility. This a very kid friendly resort and it is great for couples.

Room Tip: If you are going to reserve a "B" unit, which is 2 bedroom 1 bath, spend the extra money f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris L
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Royal Cancun is my favorite hotel! I love everything about it. There is always something to do, between the beach, pools, sailing, tennis, and other activities like painting pottery. The beach is beautiful, and the calm water is great for snorkeling. The pools are both amazing, and I love the swim up bar. The grounds and gardens are lovely, and I love all the nice little touches like the turtle pond and bushes shaped like animals.

And I love the restaurant. The food is all delicious, and the waiters are very friendly. My husband and I especially love the breakfast buffet, and the themed dinners like lobster night and taco night. The prices are very reasonable too.

We plan to keep travelling to the Royal Cancun for many, many years!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple