My wife and I spent 9 days at The Royal Cancun for our 30th anniversary (10/13-10/22). As previously mentioned by many others, the entire property is extremely "well kept". All of the gardens are gorgeous and the staff could not be any more accomodating and helpful. We did spend an afternoon at the Royal Sands (stunning property as well) and enjoyed the surf and turquoise waters but definitely preferred the "laid back" atmosphere at the Royal Cancun.
Our room was spacious and well appointed. However, if we were traveling with another couple we would definitely want two full bathrooms but our unit worked very well for the two of us.
The beach at RC, although shallow, did provide some excellent snorkeling near the pier. I also learned to sail (thanks to Juan) and must say it was the best $5 I have ever spent (for a sailing lesson) prior to taking the sunfish out on my own.
We had dinner in the restaurant 3 nights and I would have to categorize the food as good...not great. However, the views and beach setting were idyllic.
The Royal offered a discount snorkeling trip (Mondays) to Los Merellos and it was so enjoyable. The reef was teeming with sea life and our guide did a great job finding morey eels, trumpet fish, angel fish, barracuda, etc. The waters were clear and warm and the half day excursion was the perfect amount of time to invest. The lunch spot on the beach had incredible sandwiches...don't miss out!
Another day was spent taking the ferry over to Isla Mujeres. We rented a golf cart for the day ($40) and explorered the entire island. One of the highlights was seeing the many iguanas at the southern tip of the island and the gorgeous beach at the northern end near the Fenix restaurant.
A special thanks to Vicenti (at the front desk), Lloyd (our very capable concierge), Maurilia (sp?? our maid), Elizabeth (another concierge), Sharon (our beach server), and Jason (timeshare rep)...all had great attitudes, warm smiles and always made us feel welcome.
We did have great meals at the Captain's Cove and Lemonciello on two occasions and used the public buses (could not have been easier) to get around whenever we ventured out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Vacatia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun