“Great Family Vacation!!!”

The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
Ranked #28 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very Friendly Staff. Very Safety. Food at La Palapa was great. The prices at market are excellent, you don't need to go to Walmart or Chedravis to buy conveniences or food for the breakfast. Corona's at the market in the lobby was about $1.15 so don't buy at the pool bar.
The only bad thing was the guys trying to sell the time share week the were very insistent and the look at you everywhere you move no matter if you said NO on time time they insist you. If you are not interested in buying a timeshare don't pay attention to those guys because they can be your nightmare on your vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FIOLIN

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff is extremely friendly and the grounds are immaculate. However, the rooms are somewhat dated despite recent rennovations. Being contructed in 1977 may have something to do with this although granite or tile countertops in the kitchen replacing the laminate would go a long ways towards upgrading. My main complaint was the horrid internet service in the villas. I came on a "working" vacation and expected decent internet to communicate with my business back home and to be able to utilize a magicjack phone to call home for free. The internet was slow when you could connect, and you can forget using magicjack or skype - not available with the speed and quality of the service. The beds were hard and uncomfortable - I actually slept curled on the couch two nights to get some sleep. The resort is the first built in the Royal chain and the staff works hard to overcome its limitations. The food market on site had a suprisingly good selection and the prices were not much higher than at the grocery store - a real bonus for that without a car and wanting to take advantage of the kitchen units. The beach was quiet and uncrowded. We could find front rows lounge chairs any time of the day. The water in the swimming area is very shallow - knee depth out 30 or 40 yards. Great for sitting in the water and conversing with your friends. With decent internet and better beds I would have given the resort a much higher rating.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom villas on a single level have two twin beds in the guest room and only one bathroom...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patlandman
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went to The Royal Cancun in January 2012 with my future fiance and 4 other couples. We had a blast. The resort was great. The rooms were clean. They were always doing something to upkeep the facility and all of the staff members always had a smile on their faces. The pool bar was fabulous. As was the beach party cookout. We were only there for 5 days, which was not enough! There was not much of a nightlife and the lobby bar closed way before midnight. My fiance and I are night owls, but we made do! The room service was great and the boxes that they put everything into was so convenient. Room service was always on point and there was a great ocean/pool view from the room. We did a couples massage, which was great as well. No complaints here! All in all a great experience!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank divatraveler32
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Myself, Wifey, 2 boys-19,15 travelled to cancun and we couldn't be happier with this hotel. This was timeshare exchange with II, and the only "downer" was that I could not receive a ocean front villa, albeit pleading my heart out ! I am sure they could have accomodated me, since I was communicating with the 2 managers well before I flew down there :(( Over all the trip went well, and tour to Chichen Itza was amazing, though were hiccups in the morning pickup. I strongly suggest folks to shops for tour deals outside, since you can save 30-40 USD pp. I came across some good tour people. Some of the outside eateries were very good like Habaneroes, Fish Fritanza. La Palapa in the resort is quite good but little pricey. Got some bargains at Market 28 which is very-very well connected my bus. Also for the costco members in US, please do visit costco cancun( which is a blessing) for wine selection and some special sauces. Amazing stuff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NSaharya
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was the first of the Royal Resorts in Cancun, and it has been updated since our last stay with new furniture, appliances and TVs, satellite spa, gym and wireless connections. The middle of our week was interrupted by rain showers attached to Hurricane Ernesto, which landed in Belize. The resort handled the storms with ease, we were kept advised of the storm's progress, where and when it would land,when we could go into town, and when the streets were flooded. The storm passed in mid-week and things were back to normal in no time. This is a quiet resort; a lot of the guests are families with small children. The resort faces the Gulf of Mexico and has no wave action, which is perfect for children. The other three Royal Resorts face the Carribean and have wave action, which is more fun for teens.

The Royal Cancun, aka Vacation Club International or Club International de Cancun is in the early part of Hotel Zone, not far from Cancun. We enjoy eating in town, and shopping at the Mercado Veinte Ocho. You can take a cab for 120 pesos ($10 USD) or ride the bus for 8.5 pesos ($0.75 USD) and get a cab for less in town. A private bus for Royal Resort guests runs every other hour between the Royal Cancun and the other Royal Resorts at the other end of the Hotel Zone.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms will get direct sun in the morning or afternoon. Ground floors are an easy walk to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mahoney-OKC
Reviewed July 28, 2012

5 star perfect for families, clean and friendly.
You can use any of the other chain of Royals even though we stayed at the cancun.

You will get well looked after and they will try to offer you time share deal, just say no and that's it.
The on site shops are expensive, we went to Walmart which is a 10 min bus ride away.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Jattb
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Cancun with our kids ages 10 and 12. My father-in-law and step mother-in-law was with us too. This resort isn't crowded like some of the others. I like that alot because I have panic attacks. I didn't have a panic attack the whoe 7 days there. Staff is excellent and helpfull. My parents will be joining us in 2013 down there for their 40th anniversary. My gift to them. I have talked so highly of it that my father , who is not one for traveling, is planning of go with us. November 2013 will not come soon enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family