2,785 results
All reviews palapa restaurant time share sports desk full kitchen free shuttle murphy bed thomas moore hacienda sisal captain's cove la trattoria calm waters all inclusive package master bedroom room card personal concierge tennis courts big waves
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We borrowed a family member's timeshare and this just caused WAY too much confusion for the staff. I spent more time in the lobby trying to iron out all the kinks than I did enjoying the beach. Which the beach wasn't very impressive, but you can get bused to The Royal Sands, where the beach is impressive. The rooms, though, were very nice. All the rooms have nice views, full kitchens, huge bedrooms, and nice decor. I did appreciate the help of some of the staff - our concierge Denzel, the wedding coordinator Patricia, and one of the front desk clerk (I can't remember his name, but very nice guy). Also, the pools and the grounds were very well kept and very nice. I would consider staying here again, but I think I would skip the timeshare.

Room Tip: The best rooms are beach front, but even the lagoon view rooms have good views. If you don't want to spend too much on the rooms, I would recommend either the pool or garden view rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura M
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall this property deserves high ratings.
The only negatives are the beach and the shallow water as well as the Food selection at the Palapa.
The menu has not changed in 10 plus years,poor choices and presentation .thank goodness for a fully equipped kitchen in the villa.The servers uniform changes almost every year,pay more attention on the food instead!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kapitaenleutnant
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We have been going here since 1993. The service and the grounds are always top notch. It is the only place we go to year after year. It's not because of Cancun, it's because of The Royal Cancun and the enjoyable time we have year after year.

1  Thank markelnm
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have been coming to the royal cancun, formally VCI for years as my in laws have had a time share since it opened. I did experience some of its greatness before all inclusive resorts. It still has a beautiful landscape although like the rest of cancun it is a little tired. We are a family of three, two adults and a child. What was once a family spot is more of a retirement place of relaxation or large family gathering. I think it can be a fun spot for large families or persons that have been traveling here for years and relax in familiar surroundings. To get any kind of value you need to have 6 to 8 people and cook. I love these kind of vacations but I call them camping trps.
For us the place was challenging. They didn't offer any of the posted children's activities. We would show up and they would be canceled. My daughter never complained, even when a piñata was brought out, then packed away because she was the only child. The beach is tranquil but without any action. We rented a car and went away snorkeling, fishing, surfing, etc. we did not hang out at the resort like we do at all inclusives.
The food s the same as 12 years ago...
It is expensive compared to all inclusive resorts. There is NO wifi. We have a week signal that kicks us out every 2 to 3 minutes.
In short. Feel bad for the people that purchased Orlando motel accommodations and send your money elsewhere. We wont be back. The service fee, similar to condo fees, but at gangster prices are more then a persons holiday at an all inclusive.

Room Tip: Try an iberostar if you have small children.
2  Thank maw11
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm sorry to read about the lack of children activities and the incident with your daughter and the piñata. I have sent a copy of this plus your wi-fi report to management in order to follow up on your comments and make the necessary adjustments to our service.

We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards,

Camilo Olea
Community Manager
Royal Resorts

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We've been to several resorts and hotels in the Caribbean as well as the US and keep going back to the Royal Cancun (Club International) as, over the 15 years we've gone there, they've consistently provided the best hospitality, service and accomodations. The facility is in top condition despite being the 1st time share in Cancun, the location is heavenly, facing Isla Mujeres, we enjoy seeing the "pirate ships" pass by our "front door" in the evening as well as the boats entering and leaving the Embarquedero nearby. Another benefit: it's close to all the culture and fun downtown including Parque de las Palapas in el centro, where there's something genuinely Mexican going on practically every night. Best restaurants in el Centro: "La Parilla", "Rolandi's", "La Habichuela", "La Dolce Vita"... Take the Ultramar ferry to Isla Mujeres and rent a scooter or golfcart for the day. See the sculpture and cliffs at Punta Sur, have lunch at "Playa Lancheros" and head back north to "Playa Norte" to relax on one of the prettiest beaches in the area.
This year we opted for the tour of "Ria Lagartos, ek Balam and Valladolid" through the onsite Travel Agent, Thomas More, and had the time of our life getting away from the hordes invading Chichen Itza or Tulum. Our tour guide, Mauricio was a true gem, the flamingos on the Gulf of Mexico gorgeous and the buffet and colonial charm of Valladolid fantastic!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay, pools & gardens are desirable
2  Thank Sr_bigotes_12