My fiance and I just returned from the Royal Internation Club de Cancun after a week long stay. This resort is truely special. I'm 32 and my fiance is 27. We goto Cancun every January and have stayed at a variety of resorts both all-inclusive and not all-inclusive. We are more laid back people and prefer time on the beach to loud nightclubs. This is not an all-inclusive resort.
First off, the resort is all villa's. We stayed in a 2bedroom 1bath villa which included a kitchen, dining, and family sitting area. We managed to get a beachfront villa on the first floor in which we could walk out to the beach in less than no time. The kitchen was fully stocked w/ pots & pans, plates, glasses, silverware, and just about anything else you can image. Blender, coffeemaker, automatic dishwasher, microwave, and a oven w/ range! I believe the majority of people who stay here are owners thus the need for all the basics.
The master bedroom had a queen size bed and a TV which included several english channels. The 2nd bedroom, had 2 twin beds and a sink. No TV in 2nd bedroom. The main living area had a round glass dinner table w/ 6 chairs, a sofa, TV, DVD player, and Cd-player. There was also a murphy bed which could be pulled out from the wall for extrra sleeping space. It looked to be a full or queen size bed. The main room had a ceiling fan and the unit had A/C with a thermostat on the wall which allowed temp to easily be selected. The one thing that really stood out for me was how quiet the unit was. Generally in resort rooms I can hear doors closing, people walking upstairs, or staff members carts making noise. I didn't hear a peep during our entire week long stay!
The resort itself is 30yrs old and celebrating that anniversary this year. Nothing about this place seemed to be old at all. The grounds, gardens, pools, and beach were emaculate. In fact my villa was so clean I would have a hard time picking out any problems. Even the caulk in the bathtub was pristine!
The resort has a small convient store which sold produce and all the essentials needed for a stay. You could probably get better prices at the Walmart in town but we decided to keep it simple. The resort only has 1 resteraunt and the menu is a bit limited but the food is priced reasonably and the view and staff are amazing. We ate at the resort at least once a day and headed to the hotel zone main drag when we didn't want to eat at the hotel.
The beach itself was nice and because the resort is so big, there is alot of it. We never had a problem finding room or getting a chair. In fact, there were a ton of open beach chairs and room to have a private section all to yourself.
The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I've found most resort staffers in other hotels are helpful and pleasant, but at VCI (nickname for this resort) they really went above and beyond. Everyone spoke very good english and we never had a problem w/ them not understanding. Even the maids spoke perfect english which made us feel at ease. Most staffers had been w/ the resort for several years. On avg, I'd say 10yrs each. Some for 30yrs! They are treated well by the owners thus are happy people. We loved this hotel and paid $170 per night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun