“Magnificence”

GreenLeadersGold level
laguna woods
“Magnificence”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Beautiful suites, gorgeous views,very clean, terrific friendly staff, delicious food. The concierge(Denzel) was the most helpful I have ever experienced. The staff at the front desk all were knowlegeable and had a great attitude. Very peaceful location. Smaller than the nearby hotels which require a great deal of walking. The only negative I found is the signal for i-pad usage is weak

Room Tip: Request a ground floor facing the sand/ocean
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank norman c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Very nice place for families. Great layout with the 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, sitting area and balcony or patio. Very clean and nicely updated rooms. Lots of free activities for kids and adults. Very nice beach, plenty of chairs and bar service right on the beach. Pools are OK, place could really use a hot-tub. Restaurant is decent, the room service menu is good (pizza, chicken & ribs) with very reasonable prices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I just got back from staying at the Royal Cancun. And I have to say they did a wonderful job! I have previously stayed at the Villa Del Palmar and while this resort was not quite as good it was still a great place for vacation!

I went on vacation with my boyfriend and his parents. I am 21 and he is 24. After reading the reviews I was very skeptical about going becasue I am young and a lot of people said they were followed and interrogated becasue they were young. I am not a party person at all, and this resort was PERFECT! There were NO SPRING BREAKERS! I was so happy! They kept them at the other resorts and off their property! UH AMAZING!

The resort was IMMACULATE! Beautiful gardens and ponds. Wonderful staff! We went to the little meeting about where to go and where not to......I would not recommend going.... It was really boring and not worth it. Just ask the front desk they will help you out! We also went to the Welcome Party! Note to self! GO! Free rum and beer! Fun games! Food was good, I don't quite know why people are complaining about cheap? When my boyfriend and I go out in the States we spend at least $40-$50 a dinner. That's about what it was. You are able to visit the other resorts and we went to the Sands! AMAZING POOL! Ocean is a lot more fun there too. The market in the hotel was perfect! We got food to make breakfast and it was VERY CHEAP! We also bought stuff to make our own alcoholic drinks and that was also relativity cheap. We were able to make drinks in our room and brought them down to the pool with us in the plastic pitcher that was provided in the room!

Couple things I did not like were uncomfortable bed, the pool was sometimes cold, no hot tub, and ya that is about it! Haha! Nothing to crazy to be upset about! Also, I know it is your job to sell condos....however this trip was a gift for me. I look very young and so did the people I was with. We got roped into a sales pitch and for some reason he did not understand that I could not afford to buy a condo! CLEARLY IM 21! Thanks for the offer but I would have liked to not of sat through the pitch but some of the staff was a bit pushy. Again nothing to crazy to be upset about but just a heads up when you see someone young....odds are they can't afford a condo. Haha!

I would definitely visit again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The Royal Cancun is part of the Royal Resorts and is NOT "The Royal" as karen1stew points out. The Royal Cancun is more intimate and smaller scale. If you're looking more for a garden oasis than a massive resort, this is the place for you. The resort is on the protected bay so does not have the wave action found the resorts on the higher kilometer side of the hotel zone, but is great for watching boats come and go and the smooth water is better for those that don't want to be pounded by the waves or deal with strong currents. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive. The food at "The Palapa" restaurant, open air and right on the beach, has really improved this year and you can't beat the setting. I'm just back from my third year vacationing here and am already looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: The villas overlooking Kukulcan Blvd (the Lagoon side) likely have fairly significant road noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed here in Feb'12 for 1 week with 2 friends. The hotel is located in the top half of the Hotel Zone, and is often confused with the Royal Cancun - Real resorts. The rooms are spacious and can easily accomodate 6 people as there is a king bed, 2 singles and a double bed in the lounge which is built into the wall. The resort has 2 swimming pools, tennis courts, gym and spa so plenty of facilities to keep you occupied in the day time. The typical clientel at the resort was >60 yrs old making it quiet at nights. However it is really easy to get around Cancun from the hotel with taxi 135-160 peso to most places or 9 peso per person for the bus which is quick and cheap. Coco Bongo and the night life is 10mins away by bus. The beach at the resort is not bad but as it is on the top of the hotel zone and protected by isla mujeres so the water is calm but there is seaweed scattered along the beach. One really great feature about staying at the hotel is that you can use facilities at any of the other Royal resorts such as the Royal Islander and Royal Sands in Cancun and Royal Haciendas in Playa de Carmen. This was great as we hired a car and drove down to Tulum and stopped at the Royal Haciendas on the way back and could use the pool, beach and use our room key to get beach towels etc. The only room for improvement is that the air con in the room could be quieter but otherwise a great stay at the Royal Cancun and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Leisuretraveller11
Hamilton
Reviewed March 4, 2012

There are 2 "Royal"s in Cancun. The one getting all of the rave reviews is a Real resort (Royal Cancun) and at kilometer 11.5. Its a very expensive, luxurious 5 star resort with more amenities to list here.

The resort you are currently looking at is owned owned by Royal Club Vacations. This resort is only a 3.5/4 star and it is located at kilometer 4.5 (in a bay). It looks very nice and I will be visiting there in a week.

I am certain this confusion has inflated the ranking of this particular property as I have already flagged 6 or 7 reviews that were in the wrong location.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank karen1stew
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. While its true that there is a confusion between the 2 properties because of the very similar name, I'd like to make it clear that I personally flag every wrong review -even if its a positive one- and ask TripAdvisor to relocate them to the right property. I don't think this has made us climb the rankings, I think its more because more and more happy guests of The Royal Cancun leave their great reviews for other travelers to see.

Having said this, I'm happy to read that you'll be coming to enjoy our resort soon! Please let me know if theres anything I can help with to make your stay more enjoyable.

Warm regards from Cancun!
Eastern MT
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We're staying here now. Our room and the grounds are immaculate. The service has been amazing. The view is fabulous! The water is shallow so it'd be perfect for a family with
small children. Everyone is so friendly. The food in the restaurant is great - although not cheap. We have teenage daughters and they loved it. They wandered about and we had no worry at all about safety. Wonderful location! We will return!

• Stayed February 2012