The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
$538
$249
$190
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
$800
$290
$251
  • Pool
$150
$101
2,578 results
All reviewspalapa restaurantsports desktime sharefull kitchenmurphy bedfree shuttlethomas moorecaptain's covehacienda sisalcalm watersla trattoriaall inclusive packageroom cardpersonal conciergemaster bedroomtennis courtsbig waves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2012

There are 2 "Royal"s in Cancun. The one getting all of the rave reviews is a Real resort (Royal Cancun) and at kilometer 11.5. Its a very expensive, luxurious 5 star resort with more amenities to list here.

The resort you are currently looking at is owned owned by Royal Club Vacations. This resort is only a 3.5/4 star and it is located at kilometer 4.5 (in a bay). It looks very nice and I will be visiting there in a week.

I am certain this confusion has inflated the ranking of this particular property as I have already flagged 6 or 7 reviews that were in the wrong location.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank karen1stew
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. While its true that there is a confusion between the 2 properties because of the very similar name, I'd like to make it clear that I personally flag every wrong review -even if its a positive one- and ask TripAdvisor to relocate them to the right property. I don't think this has made us climb the rankings, I think its more because more and more happy guests of The Royal Cancun leave their great reviews for other travelers to see.

Having said this, I'm happy to read that you'll be coming to enjoy our resort soon! Please let me know if theres anything I can help with to make your stay more enjoyable.

Warm regards from Cancun!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We're staying here now. Our room and the grounds are immaculate. The service has been amazing. The view is fabulous! The water is shallow so it'd be perfect for a family with
small children. Everyone is so friendly. The food in the restaurant is great - although not cheap. We have teenage daughters and they loved it. They wandered about and we had no worry at all about safety. Wonderful location! We will return!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank LuvMontana
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My family and I stayed here over the presidents week vacation. We booked because the price was reasonable for a 2 bedroom condominium, and we were very pleased with the accommodations; the room was large, well appointed, nicely finished, recently renovated and spotless. The resort was also accommodating and friendly: two large pools, nice (though narrow and shallow) beach, very nice people - not spectacular, but nice. In many ways, it was much better than the steel, glass, and chrome towers that populate much of the Cancun strip.The restaurant is, however, expensive and very mediocre.

In general, we found Cancun to be a mixed vacation. We enjoyed many of the off-property activities (which we did on our own, by taking the city bus or renting a car). But overall, it is very much a tourist strip and seems to have very little to do with Mexico. Everybody expects to be tipped, and that can get tiring (though the one person whom we were happy to tip was the maid who did a great job on our room every day).

Room Tip: Our room was reasonably priced, but faced the road. In the end, we did not care, because we were gone most of the day
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We visited Cancun for the football game, Atlante vs Club America. The check in process was like going through security at an international airport, only longer. The names of everyone in our party was taken, and signatures required. Within our group we got different passwords for the wifi. After calling reception, several other passwords were provided, but none worked. I was given a number to call for the internet service provider, who informed me that the wifi was not free and unless payment was made, there would be no internet. The manager once again said that internet was free. By midnight we had internet.
I have never stayed at a hotel with a check in time as late as 4pm.
The hotel has plenty security, and even after the game, the license plates of the taxi was recorded by the hotel.
The villa was luxurious and clean.
Check out was much faster.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bambambz
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I recently stayed here as part of a sales promotion package. I think the other reviews are accurate however there are better places to stay. As part of the sales presentation they question random people around the resort as to weather or not they like the property. Everyone we spoke to absolutely loved it and most people had been coming for close to 30 years so there is something to be said however I feel like most people just go because they own and its where they always have gone. Its a quiet sleepy property with not a lot going on.

The Pros:
The property is very clean and well taken care of. Each room is equipped with an ozone generator which keeps the room fresh and prevents the humid smell that is common for beachside hotels. The rooms are also fairly large. The market on sight is nice and the prices were reasonable. Its not all inclusive but you do get to use bikes, snorkeling equipment,and sailboats. As an FYI, you can drink the water from tap. Again, as part of the sales pitch I was able to see their engineering plant and the water filtration system was quite impressive. Happy hour from 3 to 6 with 1/2 priced drinks! The property is quiet and with a primarly 60+ clientel, there is really no issues with roudy behavior.

The Cons:
The beach is fair. Cancun is known for its beutiful beaches however like other hotels in the area, this part of the beach gets a lot of seaweed and has some rocks. TIP: If you look at the address, the hotels with the best beaches are found at Kukulcan Boulevard Km 9.5 or higher. 9.5 or lower beaches are not nearly as good. The restaurant (La Palaba) is fair at best. The specials are kind of pricey and all of the food we had was fair. There is only one restaurant on property and nothing else is within easy waking distance. The mattresses and linens are clean but not of particularly high quality.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple