Our Family of 3 stayed for a week this Thanksgiving. Late 70's low rise buildings. Tasteful Spanish style with lovely landscaping. Small army of workers keeping all in truly immaculate condition. Pleasant and helpful staff. Tennis, two pools one w/ swim up bar, Sun Fish sailboats, snorkel gear and bikes for loan. On-site travel agency, small market store, restaurant and pool area bar. 2 bedroom condo w/ Murphy Bed, TV w/ DVD, fully equipped galley kitchen, all nicely done.
Here are a couple of notes regarding this place. It is Not on the Lagoon as some previous reviewers have noted. It is at KM marker 4.5 on the top of the 7 that makes up the Cancun Peninsula. Because of it's location the sea area is very calm. No pounding surf and lots of sea grass. This is good or bad depending on your point of view. Also, it is not in the main hotel area. We were assigned a "Concierge" for our stay. He was pleasant and helpful but was persistent in soft selling the time share element. There is an activities director for younger kids. She keeps them busy with fun things. For people with young kids, this resort is very safe. I give this place a 5 star plus in the young kids department. Teens? Not so much. I debated the star rating of the hotel because of mostly the location, and then the time share thingy. While not having Planet Hollywood or some other gawd awful venue nearby is a bonus for me. Being walking distance to shops, sights and restaurants is really nice. There is really nothing in reasonable walking distance from the hotel. Buses and cabs are easily caught from the property. The sales pitch got really old after awhile. Again not a hard sell, put borderline pesky. Overall, a quiet and very nice place that is extremely well maintained. There are folks I met who come year after year, with good reason. A solid choice keeping location in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun