2,777 results
All reviewspalapa restauranttime sharesports deskfull kitchenfree shuttlemurphy bedthomas moorehacienda sisalcaptain's covela trattoriacalm watersall inclusive packagemaster bedroomroom cardpersonal conciergetennis courtsbig waves
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I have just come back from this hotel and would like to say I found it fantastic in every way. I was on the 5th floor and our friends on the 2nd, rooms are fantastic, food fantastic, staff fantastic. I have always stayed in All Incluisve hotels but this hotel has again (3 trip back) exceeded every expectation. The only thing that can be improved upon here (and I have had to rack my brains) is that there is no light on your balcony, so if you wanted to sit there of an evening and enjoy a drink you will only have the light of your room to light the balcony. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank nessycru
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Just got back from a week's stay at the Royal Cancun - Club Int'l. with my husband, daughter and son. We were looking for a vacation spot with a calming atmosphere and we found it. From the moment we arrived until we checked out the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendlier. We used the Thomas Moore transportation and it was fast and easy. The resort is one of the cleanest we have ever stayed at. You can tell they take pride in their resort. The rooms (we stayed in C432) were spacious and very accommodating. We had a problem with the coffee pot, safe, and fan in the bathroom and the maintenance staff was there in 10 mins. The food at the restaurant is very good. They offer nightly specials. The servers at the beach Araceli, Sharon and Patricia were absolutely wonderful. You must have the fish tacos. Happy Hour everyday 3-6 p.m. The resort is on the Bay side. You still can go in the water. I think there is more opportunity to snorkel right off the beach. The resort seems to quiet down pretty early so if you are looking for nightlife there is none. But that is only 10 mins. away. They offer a shuttle to take you to the other Royal Resorts to use their facilities (beach - pool - restaurant). They have a market that has almost everything you could want for the week. Prices reasonable. This was a great relaxing vacation. We would return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SisPa
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Cancun. Thanks for the kind words about the resort and our staff. It is our top priority to provide our members and guests with world-class service and facilities. It's always nice to read we are doing it right.

I'll forward your comments about staff members to management, so they can compliment them on a job well done.

I hope you return to enjoy the Royal Resorts soon. Until then, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Warm regards from your home in paradise,

Camilo Olea
Royal Resorts Community Manager

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This quiet, elegant resort was everything that we had hoped for. Our rooms were absolutely immaculate and everything was newly refurbished. We were given a suite right on the beach--wow--what a view! The beach is very shallow, which is great for young kids; mine would have preferred rougher surf. But the soft, white sand was very clean and the water turquoise blue--who can complain? We rented a car and, since parking was free, this helped make it a great base to explore Chichen Itza and other attractions. A bonus here is that the ferry to Isla Mujeres is within walking distance, a must-see day trip, in my opinion. The only thing we would have preferred is having laundry in our own room. And, like most of these Cancun resorts, the food prices are quite high. But, they truly are all about service and do a wonderful job of making you feel good about your stay here. A top-notch resort overall.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HomeschoolontheRoad
Reviewed April 12, 2011

First of all, I booked the hotel by mistake. There're two "Royal Cancun" hotels. The other one is all-inclusive, which was what I was looking for.
But it turned out to be pretty good.
We rented a car. The hotel provides free parking. This allows us to visit sister hotel Royal Sands, which has more exciting beach and more food choices. RC's own beach is like a kiddy pool, good for todlers. Very calm, with a lot of sea weed. If you just want to read, it's perfect.
Concierge service is very friendly. But I have a feeling they are motivated by commission. My rep highly recommened La Parrilla in downtown Cancun, saying it's for locals with reasonable price. Turned out it's anything but. The restaurant staff even took my hotel card inside before honoring 10% discount, which prompted me to believe they were registering right amount of commission to the right sales person.
The hotel does not provide bathroom items. So bring your own shampoo and conditioner. And no maid service on holidays. Air conditioning can get noisy in the night, but stopped to bother me after two nights.
Besides that, room is large and functinal. We stayed at smaller type of the villa. Kitchen is well equipped for simple cooking. Room service is very thorough. And you can't miss staff polishing public area anywhere you go.
Front desk shows signs of thrid-world service. One early morning I called for weather forecast for that day, the front desk said the night-shfit manager forgot to bring that info, and the day-shift manager wont' come in until later. But wake-up call is fully automated.
Only one restaurant is on site. Food is well prepared and presented. You expect to pay the price at the likes of TGI Friday and Red Lobster. We did have an unforgettable dinner setting during one of the "cook out" night. They moved tables right by the beach, on the sand. We enjoyed the ocean front view with a beautiful sunset, and live band music.
Overall, highly recommend the hotel for family vacation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MilesMoneyball
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We loved the room, pool, beach activiites - the place is great. It is more quiet on this end of the island, and there are no waves on this side so you can actually swim in the ocean. We wanted to stay away from the Spring Breakers and partiers, and we did. Not a lot of places to go or eat around here, so plan on taking a bus or cab everywhere (not too far away, just not walking distance). Nice kitchenettes if you want to cook on vacation - we used it for breakfast to save some money! Our room was on the street side, building 12, and there was a wind tunnel like noise that was always heard in the room. Was fine for us, but might bother someone. Great service, and the bus to the other resorts was nice (and they are near restaurants).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family