“Good Budget Hotel in Downtown Cancun.”
Review of Kin Mayab

Kin Mayab
Ranked #73 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Booked this hotel since it was very modestly prised for being in Cancun, was pleasantly surprised. The staff are polite and the rooms are clean, it is located near to the ADB bus terminal witch is good since there is a direct bus to the airport from there. The pool is clean and frequently used by the guests witch is a good thing. Breakfast is Not included but is very reasonably prised and hotel guests get 15% discount. WIFI worked very well in my room, around the pool and in the lobby. Keep in mind that the Hotel is in downtown Cancun and NOT in the tourist zone, and i would advice people to take the R-1 bus to hotel zone if they wish to visit the tourist area costs 9.50 pesos compared to 150-200 pesos that a taxi would cost. Some great restaurants within walking range from this place as well as very modestly prised souvenir shops. Keep in mind that english is not as widely spoken downtown as in tourist zone.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Krokodilen73
There are newer reviews for Kin Mayab

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Nice little hotel, near the bus station. Friendly staff, clean rooms with air con, tv and balcony. Great value for location, and quality of hotel. Rooms set around an indoor court yard. I would recommend as it has everything you need to travel through cancun.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here for two nights, mainly because it was close to the bus station for the next part of my trip. I knew it wasn't gonna be great given the price and the location but I wasn't expecting it to be as horrid as it was. I live in barrio in a small town in central Mexico so I am used to weird noises at night - turkeys, cows, fireworks, music but this place took the biscuit. My room was really near the reception area and every noise from the street and the reception staff echoed. Maybe if you are going to stay here it would be best to get a room in a different area of the hotel.
Good things: they upgraded me at no extra charge to a suite. Room was clean, bed was comfy, shower was fine. Location is good for bus station.
Bad things: area around hotel is quite dodgy, 3 miles from main beach area of Cancun, hotel is noisy,

Room Tip: As far away from Main Street as possible!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank icklepet2014
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were vacationing in the Merida area of Mexico and needed a hotel that was close to the Cancun bus station so that we could make connections from the airport then via bus to Merida. This hotel fit the bill as it was within walking distance to the bus station. The hotel was older and the rate very reasonable so we did not expect a 5 star but we were pleasantly surprized at the hotel, nice, clean, nice swimming pools, with helpful friendly staff.

Room Tip: The hotel did not have elevators and was a three storey so those who are elderly or with small child...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randy M
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had booked a suite for some extra dollars so I could have a refrigerator but upon check-in (I was the only one there, took 20 minutes so I should've figured something was wrong) they gave me a very sparse single room. First they insisted the room was a suite, then said I hadn't paid for a suite, then switched tactics by saying they didn't have a suite. All the while insisted none of the rooms had a fridge (saw it on the website, people!). Finally got them to give me one the following day after much hassle. While using the internet near the desk I heard someone else get the same runaround I did about a suite. The desk staff never knew where anything was (even with an address) and didn't seem interested in helping. Location near ADO very good, taking the bus was easy. Clean enough.

Room Tip: Keep insisting on whatever room you paid for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank LovesNewExperiences
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I got a special deal on booking.com, so I only paid 600 pesos per night. So my review is based on this price. I needed a safe and clean place to sleep for a few nights in Cancun before meeting up with friends. Kin Mayab exceed my expectations in this regard. Hotel room was clean and got cleaned every day. I stayed in the building by the pool area, in the backyard. You have to cross a small, but ugly parking lot to get there. The hotel grounds do not make up a "perfect venue" but they really got the most out of it. They have a lush garden around the pool so you feel really cosy and away from the city. There are flowers and shades around the pool. The pool is clean and well-maintained and I felt comfortable using it. I had no noise problems in my room as the building was just facing the backyard with the garden and parking lot.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DKstudent88
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel is located near the ADO bus station. This hotel is near the Park of the Palapas; you can eat for 37 - 50 pesos and watch nightly local enterainment. There are also other local restaurants in area. There is a bit of noise in the evening; we noticed the noise disppeared in early evenings. We found this area of town to be quiet and safe. There are a few convenience stores and some retail stores on same street as hotel.

The breakfast we paid with with our rooms was good. The restaurant area is clean and we had excellent service.

The pool area was clean. The water did not seem too cold in evenings.

Our room was cleaned daily and we had adequate towels for room and pool. The room was a bit nicer than other budget stays (we stayed on top level of the pool annex). It was not musty. The air conditioning worked great. The lights had light covers and the wooden trim and furniture had a finish on them. The king size bed was comfortable; softer sleep.

Room Tip: As with any hotel; always ask to see the room first. It is common to find musty rooms in this part o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple