“Didn't hold our reservation!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Hotel & Beach Club Garrafon De Castilla
Ranked #112 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Holladay, Utah
“Didn't hold our reservation!”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This is a great place with iguanas, nice people, wonderful snorkeling and ambiance galore.. It is old and most of the AC units in the 12 rooms need replacing... We have stayed many times. HOWEVER BEWARE... if you call and make reservations... they will hold them only if they don't get a better offer. In our case I made reservations in early january for two rooms... checked back in mid january... "yes, they had the reservation." The night before our trip..they claimed they DID NOT HAVE OUR RESERVATION and the hotel was full... I had to scramble and ended up at the Avalon Reef hotel. I suspect they had a group that wanted the entire place...so we were bumped.. not good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Writerone

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Had lockers and put items in locker to snorkel, came back and all my money was taken from my wallet. When confronted and asked to call the police they refused to call even though asked over 10 times to call the police in Spanish. What a shame. oh and the service at the restuarant sucked.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FlyFisherDenver

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Mansfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Didn't stay at the hotel here, but used the beach facilities because we planned on going snorkling (and the snorkeling here, by the way, is INCREDIBLE!). While we were hanging out, I started chatting with the guy who ran the snorkel rental place (Reynaldo). He offered to take me and my dad scuba diving for only $25 each! Well, if that's not the offer of the century- we both jumped at the chance! My dad is a rescue diver, so he didn't need much help- but I've only been once before, and it wasn't in the open ocean. Reynoldo was great- he took very good care of me and was very patient. He held my hand whenever big scary fish came by (I am terrified of barracuda, and they seem to love me). I loved it- I am going to get certified now too so I can go with my dad. Definitely try to see if Reynaldo is around- he's fabulous! Even if you just want a beach to hang out, this place is great- and much, much cheaper than Garrafon next door (and you get to snorkel in the same place). Watch out for those barracuda though!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank kgoldfien
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2004

We had a reservation - obviously there is no such thing at this hotel.
12 people showed up and they bump us out of our room - had to show my cancelled check to get my money back - luckily I brought it with me. I got my money back two days later - But don't expect a room if you have a reservation.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Maria's Kan-kin
#3 of 40 in Isla Mujeres
Coco B Isla
Coco B Isla
#10 of 40 in Isla Mujeres

Been to Hotel & Beach Club Garrafon De Castilla? Share your experiences!