“I love the energy in the hotel inside and out.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Royal Beach Resort

Sunset Royal Beach Resort
Ranked #50 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
“I love the energy in the hotel inside and out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

There's no other hotel that I'd rather stay in . Rosalinda and Luis and Guadalupe were extremely nice waiters can't wait to see em again . also I like the fact that there's different shows every day . really cool can't wait to come back ..

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spend a week with cousin in her timeshare. Scheduled for a two bedroom that was not available when she checked in. She spent the first week in a studio then they moved her to a one bedroom with a pull out bed that I got. Thank goodness we did have a second bathroom. We have great view of the ocean since we were on the 9th floor.

Yes the staff was very nice and helpful. Anything we needed or had questions they were available. Guadalupe in the resturant was so nice!

The food was really just ok. One buffet after another was really sad. We did eat in the other resturant a couple of times but it not much better.

Massage was so nice. I was sunburn, told them to be extra gentle. The oil they used was so nice for my skin.

We did visit the sister properties at the Laguna and Tres Rios (beautiful).

I would visit this property again!

Room Tip: Ocean view a must! We were on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CindyC1957
Mission Viejo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Being a "Member" for a year, this time we come back for the first time after signing the membership and everything was totally different for what we were toll.
1. the beautiful room they show you is never available
2.because they also have an agency attached to their web, and I find lower prices "I was not suppose to have all benefits" (different bracelet, not sharing other resorts)
3.They have a mess with restaurants reservation.
4. One of the valet parking guys was so rude, almost fight with him.
5.the internet only works in the bathroom or lobby.
6.was not a single snack to have after 10.30 pm
7. the pool snack bar close so early at 5.30 or 6 pm, and they are tired and rude.
8.the buffet down the ramp (tent) is so terrible setting, mold all over the place
NO NO NO even think in attend a presentation, I do stop paying mine, and if any body wants it, its yours, no planning in coming back to this chain

4 Thank BocaJrs2013
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Royal Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback. We regret to read we did not provide you with a vacation experience which reflects our commitment to quality service and excellence.

What you report is most definitely not our policy for the way in which we treat our guests and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies.

We value the opinions and comfort of every guest. We seek to create the most positive and memorable resort experience possible and when shortfalls occur, we work hard to remedy them in a timely manner.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future to restore your confidence in the hotel and us.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The night shift manager (I believe his name is Juan Manuel) is the worst manager I have seen in my whole time traveling, and I have been in 13 different countries so far, and many cities. He basically treated my old time friend from Mexico like a prostitute and didn't even let her in the hotel for a couple hours even though I was willing to check her (with her id) in and pay any additional fees if necessary. After a night dancing a Coco Bongos, we went to the hotel at 4:30 am, and had a tour the same day at 7:00 am (2 hours and a half later). The manager was unwilling to let her in, even for just 2 hours, and even though we were willing to pay any extra fees. I had to take my friend to her hotel, about 30 minutes away and pay for a Taxi (really expensive here in Zona Hotelera), only for her to come back at 7:00 am at the Sunset hotel for the tour to pick us up, and make her pay another taxi on her way back. The night shift manager said he had nobody to check anybody in at night, even though he was at the front desk. This was unbelievable, and I will never come back to this hotel again, even though I purchased a vacation program with them a few days before this happened. I will try to get some of my money back for that.

2 Thank Luis R
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Sunset Royal Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We regret the bad experience you had during your visit and I can assure you that these measures are taken for the safety of our valued guests.

I can assure you that we work diligently in the training and supervision of each member of our team, in order to ensure that our guests receive the best treatment. When shortfalls occur, we work hard to remedy them in a timely manner.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Cancun.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at! We had a beautiful room with the best views and the staff was absolutely amazing. We had a 2 bedroom corner suite on the 6th floor and we had views of the beach and the lagoon! We were in walking distance to the clubs and the shopping was just a short bus ride away. Through the hotel we were able to get really good discounts on activities and excursions. And they provided transportation for just about anything! What really made my experience wonderful was the staff. They are some of the most genuine and hard-working people I have ever met. A few that stood out to me were Dario (server at the beach/pool), Marisol (entertainment), and Ana (concierge). I would definitely stay here again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience at Sunset Royal and for your kind comments. We will be happy to share them with our team.

We feel fortunate to have one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the Mexican Caribbean with breathtaking views of the turquoise blue Caribbean Sea and we are delighted that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

OMG if u want to go somewhere in cancun it's ROYAL SUNSET HOTEL. I absolutely loved as so did my family. The food was great no worrying about being hungry u had had hundreds of options of food. The rooms were gorgeous especially if u have ocean view. We caught a little rain but that didn't stop us from having the time of our lives. Always had activities to do. And the employes were very very kind. Always at your service. And now I don't even know where to begin with the entertainers. They were the bomb. I loved them so much. I was there for a week and they are already my best friends more like family. They always made u laugh and kept u busy. They were super nice and just.... OMG I'm crying right now bc I'm going to miss them so much! Especially Edgar!! Oh and i could never forget Marisol! they were just all great but Edgar personally my favHaha he was my favorite! Going to miss him the most. I'm making my parents take me back next year. I made them promise. Out of all the hotels and places I've been, And I've been to quiet a lot. This is the one for me. I'm going to be crying the whole way home. But I'll be back soon. And I can't wait!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Sunset Royal for your family vacation. We know that when traveling, our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your preference.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members.

We will be happy to welcome you back, hopefully soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this beautiful resort. We especially want to thank the people in charge of the activities, who are Edgar, Marisol, Artoro, Natalia, and Pamela. They were fabulous and helped make our visit fantastic. We had so much fun with them at the pool and at the programs at night. We would also like to thank the wait staff of Teatro, Arsenio, and Batuu. They always brought what we wanted or needed immediately and were always willing to please. They were unbelievable. It takes good people to make a resort successful,and you have wonderful people employed at Sunset Royal.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review.

We appreciate your kind words and we are very happy that you enjoyed all of our little added touches. We are very thankful to have such a wonderful staff who truly care about our guests and their needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable vacation.