Our family just spent a wonderful week at Laguna Suites. The service was outstanding. We were picked up at the airport, and taken to the hotel, where the conierge, Maritza, welcomed us. We were given beverages when we arrived, and Martiza took about 15 minutes to tell us what to expect. Our room was nice, but not particularly fancy. It was very clean, but could be improved by adding a clock-radio, and putting in a refrigerator and microwave. There weren't very many English channels on the TV, but that was OK. It would have been nice to have a 2nd TV in the first room, so adults can watch after kids are in bed, without waking them up from the noise.
The restaurant was very good. The food was tasty, service was excellent. We were not on the all-inclusive plan, so we tried to limit our meals in restaurants. Prices were high, but the food was good. The servers were very friendly, spoke English well.
The pool was very nice, but a bit chilly. I imagine the water will warm up as the weather warms up.
The required sales presentation wasn't bad. We've looked at a number of timeshsare presentations through the years, and this was the most professional we've sat through. Guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and spoke English quite well. Go into the presentation knowing it will not be 90 minutes like you're told. Ours took almost 3 hours. But if you know this in advance, and are expecting it, it's not too bad. We were willing to give them 3 hours of our time in exchange for a free week in Cancun.
The other two sister properties are very nice, and are available to Laguna guests. Sunset Lagoon is on the lagoon side, features a number of activities that are great for families. We enjoyed the hot tub on the edge of the lagoon. From Sunset, the water taxi takes you to Royal Sunset Hotel on the ocean side. Great beach, wonderful sand, beautiful blue water.
In all, a great week. Thanks, Laguna staff, for all you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nested in a privileged area, in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, inside the magnificent Pok Ta Pok Golf Club, Laguna Suites Golf + Spa shares the beautiful views of the golf course and unparalleled sunsets over Nichupte lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Laguna Suites Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Suites Golf + Hotel Cancun
- Laguna Hotel Cancun
- Laguna Suites Cancun Mexico