Laguna Suites Golf & Spa
$130
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
1,324 results
All reviewsjuan boliosunset royalother hotelssunset worldsmall hotelshuttle servicefree shuttlerestaurant staffswim up barsister propertiesquiet resortspecial thankslobster dinnerall inclusive packagetime share presentationcancun vacationrelaxing vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We selected this Hotel because we were contacted by a "time share group, that isn't really supposed to be a timeshare company", and they recommended this place. First off, the rooms are OK, they missed stuff like a clock or radio, couch was the most uncomfortable thing to sit in, there was only a tv in the bedroom side, no bathtub, other then that it was a very nclean place. Our first room we could hear construction at 7 in the morning, so they moved us to the other room, and, well, we could hear them wheel the carts at 7 in the morning and at 11 at night, so much for being able to get some well needed zzzzs at anytime.
The bar staff was awesome, and the waiters and waitress were really good to us, they were 110%, and made up for the room.
The management staff are extremely greedy, they will not do anything for nothing. Our airplane didn't leave until 5 in the afternoon, checkout time is at 10 in the morning, they wanted 10 us dollars per hour extra if we wanted to keep the room for a couple of hours extra, even though when we arrived it wasn't until 10 at night. I will not stay here again. The shuttle was good, but if you were downtown and needed a ride back you had to use a taxi, or catch the city bus and walk about six blocks back to the Hotel.
The pool isn't much here either. If I was to choose a sunset location I would choose the Sunset Royal or the Sunset Lagoon.
The promised time of being with the Timeshare was 90 minutes, it took us four hours and we had to find a ride back to the Hotel, or wait an hour for the shuttle. I didn't meet anybody that it took them the 90 minutes.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dewydo
Reviewed November 19, 2008

First of all I would like to say that this hotel is quite good compared to standards of most hotels of this rating. The rooms are quite good and the staff is very friendly and efficient. The food in the restaurant is quite good and the spa is excellent.

But this hotel has a major drawback. The management of this hotel is quite greedy and they are out to get money of f their guests. Also they have poor taste in customer service . According to the management of this hotel they have started providing coffee bags for the coffee maker, Cream and Sugar to the rooms after several complaints by the hotel guests. Unfortunately, they have rectified this issue in a strange way. This is our experience

First day when we went there were two Coffee bags, Cream and Sugar for the coffee machine in the room. When we finished all those, we went to ask for more as they have not put any when they made our room. I was met with the strangest answer, Sir we only provide free coffee the first day, if you want more we have to charge you $5 for two coffee bags and please ask for cream and sugar from the restaurant. After refusing to pay $5 for 2 coffee bags we went and bought some from the local shop and thought we could get cream and sugar from the restaurant. When we went to the restaurant to ask for Cream and Sugar we got the shock of our lives. The restaurant people said Sir we have to charge you $2 for 2 packs of Sugar and cream. We refused to pay for that too and we went and bought them from the local shop which was cheaper than that for a whole bottle of sugar and Cream.

From our entire hotel experience from around the world, this was the only hotel we have seen who would charge ridiculous prices for Coffee, Cream and Sugar. In fact in all the other hotels which I have stayed so far, none of them have ever charged for coffee, cream and sugar for the room. I guess this hotel considers these items as not part of the room essentials.

I guess they expect their guests to make do with just two bags of coffee, two packs of sugar and 2 packs of cream for the entire stay. I guess only thing this hotel consider is how to get money off their guests by charging for items such as these.

So travelers who want to stay in this hotel, make sure to bring you own Coffee bags, Cream and Sugar for the coffee machine in your room. Otherwise be prepared to pay ridiculous prices for these. This hotel is not what you would expect. It s pity that this hotel’s standard is jeopardized by poor management, poor customer service and greediness.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wscooby77
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel room and thought of us as a quite good in comparison to other hotels with our rating.

In reference to your comment regarding the coffee in the room situation we completely apologize as we had no idea this was going on. Unfortunately it had to get to this for us to realize. We understand that this is the perfect way to ruin a great vacation; therefore we have taken all of the measures to ensure that this will stop.
In reference to why it has been so long for us to realize this was happening is because of the fact that most of our guests are on the all inclusive meal plan. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and give us another opportunity to give you a great vacation experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2008

My friend and I had such a wonderful time at the Laguna Suites in August for 6 days. I was nervous at first, book through one of those sales call for the first time. Greeted with nice glass of wine at hotel, which was wonderful because US Airways lost our lugagge did not get it until following night. We really like that it was quiet, visited the other hotels and was happy to return to our quiet hotel. The food was wonderful, but menus needs a little variety same menu everyday except one night they had caribbean night (food was really bad). The drinks was nice, better drinks in the morning. The service is lousy unless you tip the staff.
The presentation was long but we had a really nice guy that was not pushy and enjoyed it.
We took cab downtown to a couple clubs, it is expensive to party but the open bar is great. Went to daddy o, daddy rock and corona bar, did not get into coco bongo cause it was always sold out by the time we tried.
We also went on woman isle party boat cruise, it was a lot of fun and the food at the restaurant on the beach was wonderful. The jungle tour was also alot of fun.
Overall, I do not regret this purchase and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank watever_luv
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I can not say enough of how great it was to stay at Laguna Suites. If you are looking for a clean quite and wonderful vacation STAY HERE. It started off with great service by Christian who provided us an escort while we traveled to the hotel. We were then met by Jorge who was excellent in providing what is no less then 5 star service to myself and my wife. I had some special request that he carried out without hesitation. I really can't say I would have gotten this at any hotel at any price in the USA. The room was very clean and all we expected. The room would have slept 4 but our King size bed was great. All the rooms look out at pool. The food by the Chiefs at the Ala Carte was fantastic. Every meal was made to order and exactly as we asked. The service provided by Abad, Carlos ,Edgar & Edwin was superb. We were never told no for any request we had. Transportation was provided hourly to the Beach area. The tours and trips offered were 1st class. We went to the ruins and Xel Hah . The snorkeling was very relaxing and refreshing. You have to get a message. My wife and I got the California. We are still talking about it. We tell everyone how great our vacation was. We would stay here again and again. "WOW"

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leo37
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I recently visited Laguna Suites with my mother, aunt, best friends and myself, an all girls vacation. I'll admit I was nervous going with all girls in a foreign country, but everyone was very friendly and polite. The waiters and bartenders go out of their way to do what is asked. They even delivered a hangover remedy breakfast platter to our room after a late night. There was a lot of different food options that were all great. The service was fast as well was the bar. The rooms were large with a living room area, a double sink vanity, an in room safe,and a large luxurious shower. The front desk was very helpfull and had good suggestions for shopping malls, night club and tourist like activities. The spa was reasonably priced and I enjoyed a facial and a massage. We enjoyed every moment of our trip and believe that the exceptional service we recieved made the trip memorable. We are already planning a return trip ( weve only been home for 3 days) I cant express enough that your vacation is what you make it. Of your open to good energy and not looking for things to complain about it makes a world of difference. I have to give a shout out to Edwin and Ronoldo our great waiters, and Diego. Diego made every bit of our vacation a blast. He took my friend and I out to Coco Bongo ( which I highly reccomend) and The City and made sure we arrived back home safely in the mornings. I would would recommend this resort to all age groups and families and will be a return customer.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Ashleyn536