Laguna Suites Golf & Spa
$337
$330
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$365
$503
$626
$506
Hyatt.com
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$604
$538
1,351 results
All reviewsjuan boliosunset royalother hotelssunset worldsmall hotelshuttle servicefree shuttlerestaurant staffswim up barsister propertiesquiet resortspecial thankslobster dinnerall inclusive packagetime share presentationcancun vacationrelaxing vacation
Reviewed November 19, 2008

First of all I would like to say that this hotel is quite good compared to standards of most hotels of this rating. The rooms are quite good and the staff is very friendly and efficient. The food in the restaurant is quite good and the spa is excellent.

But this hotel has a major drawback. The management of this hotel is quite greedy and they are out to get money of f their guests. Also they have poor taste in customer service . According to the management of this hotel they have started providing coffee bags for the coffee maker, Cream and Sugar to the rooms after several complaints by the hotel guests. Unfortunately, they have rectified this issue in a strange way. This is our experience

First day when we went there were two Coffee bags, Cream and Sugar for the coffee machine in the room. When we finished all those, we went to ask for more as they have not put any when they made our room. I was met with the strangest answer, Sir we only provide free coffee the first day, if you want more we have to charge you $5 for two coffee bags and please ask for cream and sugar from the restaurant. After refusing to pay $5 for 2 coffee bags we went and bought some from the local shop and thought we could get cream and sugar from the restaurant. When we went to the restaurant to ask for Cream and Sugar we got the shock of our lives. The restaurant people said Sir we have to charge you $2 for 2 packs of Sugar and cream. We refused to pay for that too and we went and bought them from the local shop which was cheaper than that for a whole bottle of sugar and Cream.

From our entire hotel experience from around the world, this was the only hotel we have seen who would charge ridiculous prices for Coffee, Cream and Sugar. In fact in all the other hotels which I have stayed so far, none of them have ever charged for coffee, cream and sugar for the room. I guess this hotel considers these items as not part of the room essentials.

I guess they expect their guests to make do with just two bags of coffee, two packs of sugar and 2 packs of cream for the entire stay. I guess only thing this hotel consider is how to get money off their guests by charging for items such as these.

So travelers who want to stay in this hotel, make sure to bring you own Coffee bags, Cream and Sugar for the coffee machine in your room. Otherwise be prepared to pay ridiculous prices for these. This hotel is not what you would expect. It s pity that this hotel’s standard is jeopardized by poor management, poor customer service and greediness.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wscooby77
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel room and thought of us as a quite good in comparison to other hotels with our rating.

In reference to your comment regarding the coffee in the room situation we completely apologize as we had no idea this was going on. Unfortunately it had to get to this for us to realize. We understand that this is the perfect way to ruin a great vacation; therefore we have taken all of the measures to ensure that this will stop.
In reference to why it has been so long for us to realize this was happening is because of the fact that most of our guests are on the all inclusive meal plan. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and give us another opportunity to give you a great vacation experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2008

My friend and I had such a wonderful time at the Laguna Suites in August for 6 days. I was nervous at first, book through one of those sales call for the first time. Greeted with nice glass of wine at hotel, which was wonderful because US Airways lost our lugagge did not get it until following night. We really like that it was quiet, visited the other hotels and was happy to return to our quiet hotel. The food was wonderful, but menus needs a little variety same menu everyday except one night they had caribbean night (food was really bad). The drinks was nice, better drinks in the morning. The service is lousy unless you tip the staff.
The presentation was long but we had a really nice guy that was not pushy and enjoyed it.
We took cab downtown to a couple clubs, it is expensive to party but the open bar is great. Went to daddy o, daddy rock and corona bar, did not get into coco bongo cause it was always sold out by the time we tried.
We also went on woman isle party boat cruise, it was a lot of fun and the food at the restaurant on the beach was wonderful. The jungle tour was also alot of fun.
Overall, I do not regret this purchase and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank watever_luv
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I can not say enough of how great it was to stay at Laguna Suites. If you are looking for a clean quite and wonderful vacation STAY HERE. It started off with great service by Christian who provided us an escort while we traveled to the hotel. We were then met by Jorge who was excellent in providing what is no less then 5 star service to myself and my wife. I had some special request that he carried out without hesitation. I really can't say I would have gotten this at any hotel at any price in the USA. The room was very clean and all we expected. The room would have slept 4 but our King size bed was great. All the rooms look out at pool. The food by the Chiefs at the Ala Carte was fantastic. Every meal was made to order and exactly as we asked. The service provided by Abad, Carlos ,Edgar & Edwin was superb. We were never told no for any request we had. Transportation was provided hourly to the Beach area. The tours and trips offered were 1st class. We went to the ruins and Xel Hah . The snorkeling was very relaxing and refreshing. You have to get a message. My wife and I got the California. We are still talking about it. We tell everyone how great our vacation was. We would stay here again and again. "WOW"

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leo37
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I recently visited Laguna Suites with my mother, aunt, best friends and myself, an all girls vacation. I'll admit I was nervous going with all girls in a foreign country, but everyone was very friendly and polite. The waiters and bartenders go out of their way to do what is asked. They even delivered a hangover remedy breakfast platter to our room after a late night. There was a lot of different food options that were all great. The service was fast as well was the bar. The rooms were large with a living room area, a double sink vanity, an in room safe,and a large luxurious shower. The front desk was very helpfull and had good suggestions for shopping malls, night club and tourist like activities. The spa was reasonably priced and I enjoyed a facial and a massage. We enjoyed every moment of our trip and believe that the exceptional service we recieved made the trip memorable. We are already planning a return trip ( weve only been home for 3 days) I cant express enough that your vacation is what you make it. Of your open to good energy and not looking for things to complain about it makes a world of difference. I have to give a shout out to Edwin and Ronoldo our great waiters, and Diego. Diego made every bit of our vacation a blast. He took my friend and I out to Coco Bongo ( which I highly reccomend) and The City and made sure we arrived back home safely in the mornings. I would would recommend this resort to all age groups and families and will be a return customer.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Ashleyn536
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We booked our trip from a phone call offering 5 days/4 nights all inclusive in Cancun for a cheap price. I honestly didn't expect to like the hotel as much as I did. Our flight arrived in Cancun at 10:30 am, and check-in was at 4, so we thought we'd have to sit around for a while, but the staff checked us into our room right away, which was such a bonus as we really needed a nap after leaving our house at 3 a.m.!
First off, our room was on the ground floor, right by the pool. An odd thing was our front door was a sliding glass door, but it worked. Walking in, there is a loveseat, table with 4 chairs, a countertop with coffee maker, and a locked mini fridge. We never had the mini fridge opened as there was no alcohol in it! Past that there is a small bathroom (no tub), a long vanity with two sinks, then a king sized bed and a TV. The floor was tile, very soothing to hot feet! It was perfect for us.
The hotel is very small, 47 rooms I believe, so you get to recognize the staff fairly quickly. Most of them speak English. There is only one restaurant, and the menu didn't change in the week we spent there, but everything we ordered from it was delicious. The food was just great as far as we are concerned. There is only one kind of beer, Dos Equis XX, and one white and one red wine. The drinks are tasty but usually not very strong. The bartenders will whip up new drinks if you tell them one or two things you like drinking. Also, they will send food to your room if you don't feel like eating in the restaurant (it is open air, and in the evenings the mosquitoes come out to play).
The pool is pretty small, and in the intense heat of Cancun, warms up very quickly, so it feels like bathwater. That may or may not be to your liking. We mostly swam in the evenings when it cooled off a bit. There is also a swim-up bar.
The view from the restaurant is of a golf course. I'm not a golfer but it didn't look that great to me, although it did seem to be mowed and cleaned often. Past that is the lagoon with some nice views. We walked along it for a while, though there is no beach in that area.
Laguna Suites is part of a 4 hotel group that includes Ocean Hotel, Sunset Lagoon, and Royal Sunset. If you get the all inclusive, you can eat and play at any of the other hotels. We didn't go to Ocean Hotel at all as we had read negative things about it. Sunset Lagoon was nice, we ate the decent buffet there a couple of times. There is also an enclosed restaurant there that looked nice but we never made it there. There are several bars there, and also their Jungle tour starts there. I do recommend theirs, as it's cheaper than most others, goes to the same place, and you get to drive the boat longer. There is a nice beach to swim at there. Royal Sunset has great facilities. We ate at the Atrium restaurant on our last night there. Apparently you need reservations but they took us anyway, and it was a truly wonderful dinner, with awesome service. Recommended!
Concierges at Laguna Suites were nice and helpful, as were all of the staff. The only things that kept me from giving this hotel 5 stars are:
#1- lack of an ATM. You have to take a taxi or shuttle bus to get to one.
#2- Distance from center of town. It is a $7 or so taxi ride to the Coco Bongo's area where all the action is. Or you can take the hotel shuttle bus to the Royal Sunset, where it is about a 5 minute walk. The only thing is, the shuttle stops at 2 other hotels before heading to the Royal Sunset, so it will take a while to get there
#3-No internet service. There is wireless, but a password is required, and the front desk told me it goes out all the time so they wouldn't let me pay for it. There is a little convenience store a couple of hundred feet away that has internet for $4/hr so we used that the one time we needed it.
As far as the spa goes, it is very small, but has a lot of services offered. My girlfriend got a California massage and body wrap and loved it. Let's see, what else can I say? The maid service was great, we tipped her a couple of dollars a day. Though the coffee was never restocked after I used it.
Overall, we both loved the hotel. It is nice and quiet, a place to relax after tours or being out clubbing. The timeshare presentation at the various hotels included was not bad at all, I liked our guide and I actually really wish I could have jumped on their final offer. Laguna Suites is a great home base for your trip to Cancun.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank too_poor_2_travel