“Wonderfull Place, Loved It”

Laguna Suites Golf & Spa
Ranked #34 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderfull Place, Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Having never been to Cancun before, I am so glad this was my first experience. I thought I would ware out the word 'quaint'. Everything was at my fingertips, pool, food, and places to lay in the sun, and in the shade after I got sunburned. It may not of been on the beach, but after seeing the beach at another place, and all the seaweed and oil/gas from the boats. I was glad of that. The food was excellent, and the staff, such as Arturo, Armando, Juan, J. Manual gave excellent service. I was there where four friends and we all smoke, and they would set out a couple tables away from others so we could smoke and interrupt others who were eating. The chef, Manual, did a great job, the food was well cooked, we liked it better then the bigger places that served banquet, even though the menu had less selection, fresh is best. Adriana, the maid, made up the room just as was asked, and left cute little animals made of the towels. I had a massage there and it was sooo nice. The pool was also at a good temperature, and not to deep, which for me was great as I can not swim. I highly recommend Laquna Suites Golf and Spa if you just want to get away, and be spoiled.

Room Tip: I have MS, and one of my friends uses a wheelchair, but we found this place to be very accommodating...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Gerente at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your amazing review and for spending your vacation with us. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with our guest service and attentiveness of our staff.

We will love to have you back as our guests, hopefully soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Exactly what my husband and I were looking for. The place was really nice, with courteous and very friendly employees. We arrived at the hotel around 9 in the morning, thinking we had to wait until 3 in the afternoon -which was the check in time, but we didn't have to wait at all. We were offered something to drink when we got there and Miguel checked us in right away, and Karina showed us how to get around Cancun, the places to go to and how to go there, as well as the activities we can do during our stay.
What we liked best in Laguna Suites was the service being given to us. Most especially by our housekeeper, Adriana, who kept our room clean everyday during our stay. Oscar and Edwin who waited on us from the day we arrived until our last day, such polite servers; as well as Juan Manuel who was also our bartender, he makes really good drinks, surprising us every time. Chef Manuel and the kitchen staff Felix and Alex, for the delectable meals. And of course, Maria, our masseuse, she made our stay even more relaxing. But it wasn't just the service we liked about Laguna Suites, it's the place itself, it was calm and quiet, not too many people around. Really ideal for relaxation. We'd stay in this same hotel when we have the chance to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cachmd
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Laguna Suites Golf & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Comments like yours inspire us to continue improving and looking for memorable experiences for our guests. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here and you had a lovely stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

When I arrived to the hotel, no one helped me with my bags. They saw I was tired but had to give me the information about the hotel services. However, when I inquired about the tours they offered, they were not so happy to give me information (too late) and told me: "there we have the brochures". Next day it was too early to give me information (they were having breakfast), the following day I was woken up without asking for a wake up call at 6am, and when I asked to have help changing the date of a tour I booked they replied I had not booked it with them (how?) and therefore would not help me.

Then, there is no internet on the rooms, and not many electric plugs in the lobby. So, when I tried to use my computer at their desks (Quite unconfortably as the desk is not made to sit for a long time) I was asked to get the hell away from here. Still here, beautiful hotel, quiet, far away from the main road, but they provide the worst service I ever experienced. I had better service when I stayed in hostels around the world when I was young and didn´t want to pay over 10 usd per night. The only good service I have had is from the maid, who leaves impeccable rooms, nice towel and flower arrangements, etc.

Before they tried to kick me away from an unconfortable desk, I heard a couple complaining about being told they could not use the bus service to the other hotels of the chain and ended up paying cabs every time they wanted to go to the other hotels!

If there is a gym or any other facility at the hotel, I was never told about it. They were just interested in giving me a list of the activities I had to pay extra for.

Room 101 from the 5th of April to the 12th of April 2014. My name: Viviana. Thankfully I change hotels on saturday, where I sent my family thanks to the warm welcome received!

En pocas palabras, el peor servicio en un lugar muy bonito!

Room Tip: If you come and need anything, forget it! If you need internet, forget it! If you want service, look...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Viviana D
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your feedback in relation to your stay at Laguna Suites.

Please be assured that we will communicate your concerns to the appropriate departments. We are very serious when it come to providing exceptional service and exceeding our guest´s expectation.

Thank you again for your comments and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to restore your confidence in us.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I experienced the best service on any vacation we have Ever had. Edwin and Manuel were the most polite, professional servers we have ever experienced. Armando was very friendly and made out of this world drinks - always surprising. We used the spa every day and loved Carmen magic fingers for massages and facials. If you are looking for a clean, safe, care free hotel this is the place to go. We were pampered by all the staff. Very thankful for all the hard work and service put forth by the professionals that run Laguna Suites Golf & Spa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meghan E
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have no idea what some people see when they travel but I guess if you are used to little of nothing your review reflect it. Just left this hotel and it was the worst I have been in. Nothing good about this place smells of II. Located in a run down neighborhood not close to anything with back to an abandoned hotel (2), mom and pop store. If you are going to sit by the pool, read, eat and drink this is the place for you but please do not tell people it is great with a great scenery, and oh the restaurant was good,service was good,, selection poor and expensive. Lets be honest in our reviews, I went there based on your response, should have listened to the person who told us to stay away, so now I to will say STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: NONE it does not matter where you stay. On review I asked for room 212, they said it was not clean...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ripnpat
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Due to a last minute booking Laguna Suites was one of the few available bookings for a spring break trip with the family. With kids ranging from 7 - 17 and 2 adults, we occupied 2 very clean and simple rooms. This hotel being one of 4 we had access to yielded some perks we didn't initially expect. Though most days we spent at the beach access of a sister hotel, we much preferred the quiet and sooooo much cleaner pool of our hotel if kids wanted pool time. Simple basic pool with a swim up bar but again CLEAN, no crud and tourist scraps floating around. May not mean something to everyone but used bandaids and drink straws are just not our choice of pool accompaniments. FOOD - hands down best quality, fresh, obvious chef inspired dinner choices every night. We tried a few others in our "all inclusive" choices, none came close to the quiet and subtle elegance of the food and service provided by Chef Jose, Cook Jacob, Mario and our favourite of all favourites, the endearing and charming Manuel!!! We absolutely loved Manuel and he made a lasting impression of kindness on all of us. Nice to return home to the comforts of our own beds (Laguna beds were uber hard, but who needs sleep when you have pool side loungers) but it was a great trip all around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank d k
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great place, great scenery, and great service. Loved our housekeeper Adriana and all the other employees! Would be nicer if it was on the beach, or had some more activities. Other than that our stay was perfect!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family