“Hopping little place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tacun
Ranked #78 of 939 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Abbotsford, Canada
“Hopping little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a hopping little place, tucked in where you don't really expect a restaurant to be, in the midst of hotels and time share condos on an area of Kukulcan where there isn't much else. The decor is warm and inviting, local performers stop by to entertain, and the three or four gentlemen who work here speed between tables, whisking your empty plate away almost as soon as you are finished, far from making us feel rushed, it was the type of quietly attentive service you don't see in less expensive restaurants.

We had chicken tacos (x2) and steak tacos, and it was all excellent. They brought tons of limes for our beer and to squeeze on the tacos, and the dip plate they brought with extra onion and cilantro was huge! One little negative was my friend's upset tummy the next day from the green sauce, which he thinks was made with yogurt and had sat out too long. Not good. But everything else was fabulous, and I, who usually have the weakest stomach, though the place was spotlessly clean and the food was some of the best I've had this trip. I'd go back, no hesitation.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Thejourneygenie

chicago
“Nice little spot, not touristy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I were in Cancun and were tired of all inclusive bland, non-descript food. We didn't have a car, so we looked for something on or near the strip that we could walk to and found this little gem! A few outdoor tables, nothing fancy, but the fact that we were the only non-locals there made us actually feel good about our choice. We both had tacos - pork and steak - both excellent. The service was great and the food even better. Good authentic food, not fancy or froo-froo but excellent. Good drinks as well. The waiter was awesome and very nice (teaching me some Spanish in exchange for me teaching him some English slang words!). I can't say enough about what a great find this really is. My advice to all of the tourists to Cancun is get out of the hotel and eat locally - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank ChicagotoEverywhere
“Tasty and not fancy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

You'll get the real favor of México, with a traditional cusine. VERY tasty with Good prices! VERY Good service (which is kind of rare).
The waiter Luís is a VERY nice guy, me and my girlfriend had two meals at Tacun (we had to come back) and I can call Luís as a friend. When I back to Cancun, be sure I'll hit on Tacun again.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Felipe S
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Quality, cleanliness, service, and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have visited Cancun annually for 25 years and are very familiar with
what is available both in resorts and stand alone restaurants. Tacun gets five stars
because they score high in all the above categories. The food is authenic Mexican
prepared as you direct. WE stayed at the Bridec condos right next to Tacun so found it
convenient.
We ate at least one meal there every day for the ten days of our beautiful stay. Do not go
there for ambiance or steak. Go there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner of all Mexican dishes
served with style at very reasonable prices

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank mfcantlon
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Food, Questionable View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We came here after reading about it on Trip Advisior - you feel like you're literally sitting on a busy stretch of Kuklukan Blvd. right across from Flamingo Plaza, so the atmosphere and view leave some to be desired. I ordered the mole enchiladas which were amazing! The mole was so rich and flavorful I couldn't quite finish it. Drinks were good and the prices were affordable. I'm curious to try more on their menu but don't come here if you want a beach view with your dinner.

• Visited January 2014