“Traditional Mexican food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Traditional Mexican food”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Everything in cancun taste the same very bland. Tacun was everything I wanted. Traditional street tacos. Flavorful and yummy. I recommend Pastor tacos (marinated pork). Next time I go back I will eat there every day. Side of the road and great service. A++++
Way better than any expensive resturant in Cancun period

3 Thank ledesma303

• Hungarian first
Osterville, Massachusetts
“Crap Food, Messed Up Orders, Ripped Us Off”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went here last year (maybe the year before), we decided to try it again. This place pretty much sucks. I think they have an ego now because of the reviews?

Dinner: Food was just okay, but not good. Definitely not good. I did get a margarita and it was disgusting. Super sweet and sour. I love wonka candy, but this was gross even to me.

Breakfast: When faced with having to pay $25 to $30 for breakfast at a hotel, "okay" food at a decent price tempted us. Boy was this a huge mistake. My wife ordered eggs and bacon. The waiter asked if we wanted the eggs scrambled with bacon. We said "NO" bacon on the side please. Guess what? Scrambled. The beans we both got were cooler than the ambient temperature and the potatoes were COLD. They were literally cold. I don't know how they did it. It was a warm morning and I could not figure out how the potatoes managed to stay that cold getting from the kitchen to the table.

Before we left, we ordered a plate of food that we could put in our cooler for the beach. Fruit is generally good and I didn't see how they could mess it up. They show'd me! We asked very specifically "no papaya." The waiter brings us the fruit plate with a whole mess of papaya. We remind him of what we said. He leaves with the fruit plate. He's gone for a looooooooooong old time. He comes back. All he's done is taken the papaya out and kept our money. SERIOUSLY BRO, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO FOR 10 MINUTES? Didn't cut bananas that's for sure.

This place sucks. If you are a drunk American who thinks it's cool to eat at an "authentic" street restaurant, this place will be happy to take your money and you'll be happy to take cell phone picture of your red face.

If you don't really care to go out of your way to eat bad food that you didn't order to save a buck, you're better off just eating mediocre food at one of the other small street places.

4 Thank J L
Long Beach, California
“Close, fast & reasonable in hotel zone!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate here a few times! Very small place next to our hotel. Excellent service, live mariachi & street performers (looking for tips). Yummy lobster & daily, fresh caught seafood that was very tasty! The chihuahua size lobster feast is over priced but so is most of Cancun. Overall, great breakfast especially the fresh fruit & omelletes!

2 Thank trulytracie
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Perfect first meal in Cancun!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After a long day of travel and waiting in lines, a low-key dinner at Tacun was just what we needed! The servers were very friendly and attentive. My boyfriend and I shared guacamole, rice, beans, pastor tacos, and a green sauce chicken enchilada. I had a tamarind margarita and my boyfriend had a margarita and a corona...guess what our final bill came to....$36!!!! Amazing fresh food. Highly recommend this spot!

2 Thank Kaitlin W
Cancun, Mexico
“Just not impressed!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Totally tasteless food set among a poorly decorated place in front of the Flamingo Mall. I have had much better authentic food for a forth of the price in Las Palapas Park in downtown. Don't waste your time.

1 Thank CancunBruja