“A Great Find in the Chaos of Cancun”
Review of Tacun

Tacun
Ranked #88 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent only two days in Cancun, but ended up eating here three times. Authentic Mexican food at great prices. A nice oasis from all the overpriced tourist trap restaurant. Say hello to Oswaldo, the very friendly waiter!

3  Thank Leonard S

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had delicious fish tacos and my husband had beef tacos. They came with wonderful salsas and the portions were just right. We also had guacamole for an appetizer. The service was good, but beware of mosquitos at night. We arrived at dusk and by the end of the meal they were out in full force - very aggressive. Just make sure you have spray on hand if you visit in the evening. Note - they don't take credit cards. If you are looking for real Mexican food, this is the place for a great meal at a great price.

3  Thank bodyfruit
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate here one night while in Cancun to get a taste of some authentic Mexican food. This place was recommended to us by one of the locals, who worked a travel desk at our hotel. We weren't disappointed. Everything we tried was excellent. My favorite was the mole enchiladas. Price was very reasonable, ended up at about $20 per person including drinks & a good tip. Service was good, and outdoor seating suited us perfectly. Good place to visit for lunch or dinner if you have a chance.

4  Thank James W
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great food at a great price. Something that is very hard to find in Cancun. Recently they have doubled in size and are still hitting it out of the park. Don't miss this small place near Margaritaville.

6  Thank SharkMan6846
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Me, my husband and two kids visited this tiny little unassuming restaurant on our recent holiday in Cancun base on TA reviews. I must say that at first sight I wanted to turn around and walk away.
I am so glad I gave the place a chance, because the food at this little place was one of the best meals I had in Cancun ever. I ordered the Garlic shrimp and they where really large with amazing flavor. My husband had the grilled garlic fish and that was also very good... the portions are large and the price for four delicious meals with 2 beers was about $70us with the tip.
The staff was also very attentive and helpful with finding the right dish for my very picky 12 year old. This place is a must try when in Cancun.

5  Thank Renee L