“Delicious authentic Mexican food at a good price.”
Review of Tacun

Tacun
Ranked #103 of 1,107 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had delicious fish tacos and my husband had beef tacos. They came with wonderful salsas and the portions were just right. We also had guacamole for an appetizer. The service was good, but beware of mosquitos at night. We arrived at dusk and by the end of the meal they were out in full force - very aggressive. Just make sure you have spray on hand if you visit in the evening. Note - they don't take credit cards. If you are looking for real Mexican food, this is the place for a great meal at a great price.

3  Thank bodyfruit

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate here one night while in Cancun to get a taste of some authentic Mexican food. This place was recommended to us by one of the locals, who worked a travel desk at our hotel. We weren't disappointed. Everything we tried was excellent. My favorite was the mole enchiladas. Price was very reasonable, ended up at about $20 per person including drinks & a good tip. Service was good, and outdoor seating suited us perfectly. Good place to visit for lunch or dinner if you have a chance.

4  Thank James W
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great food at a great price. Something that is very hard to find in Cancun. Recently they have doubled in size and are still hitting it out of the park. Don't miss this small place near Margaritaville.

6  Thank SharkMan6846
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Me, my husband and two kids visited this tiny little unassuming restaurant on our recent holiday in Cancun base on TA reviews. I must say that at first sight I wanted to turn around and walk away.
I am so glad I gave the place a chance, because the food at this little place was one of the best meals I had in Cancun ever. I ordered the Garlic shrimp and they where really large with amazing flavor. My husband had the grilled garlic fish and that was also very good... the portions are large and the price for four delicious meals with 2 beers was about $70us with the tip.
The staff was also very attentive and helpful with finding the right dish for my very picky 12 year old. This place is a must try when in Cancun.

5  Thank Renee L
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Me and my friend's spent a week in Cancun this past week and ate here several times. We were looking for something else, gave up, and ended up just stopping at this place we noticed on the side of the road. It was delicious, the staff was so nice, they danced with us, played the music we wanted to hear, made us the BEST strawberry daq's we've ever had (and added more alcohol when we told them we thought they were a little weak without any problems), definitely a must. I would say the sides are a little (just a little) pricey, but overall it is well worth the money (hints us going several times). There is no inside seating, so be prepared to be outside. However, it really wasn't that bad (and I am NOT an outdoors girl AT ALL).

4  Thank Dominique R