“Woop Woop!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This used to be Habaneros, so we were disappointed for about a minute. The service was awesome, and the food was just as good, if not better, than Habaneros!

3  Thank libralisa

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was looking forward to this place after reading all the great reviews on TripAdvisor. The food was really good- the pastor tacos were great. We got the deal where you get pastor, beef and chorizo meat with vegetables and make your own tacos with the salsas and toppings they provided. However, the meal was quoted to us as 100 pesos and we were charged 160 pesos. Even prices that were listed on the menu were changed to a higher amount on our bill. On top of that, they messed up our order on multiple occasions, and we ended up having to wait for 40 minutes while they remade two dishes since they used the wrong meat and the wrong sauce. To be fair, the waiter and the manager both apologized profusely, but that's all they did to compensate. Unless you count charging more for those dishes (enchiladas). Also, this is getting nitpicky and I don't like being nitpicky, but not all our food made it into our leftover containers. Sad.

Maybe just a bad night on their part, but just wanted you to know so you can be aware. I'd still go for the food, but not have my hopes up quite as much.

5  Thank Lara D
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved it here real authentic meals great service great everything if you come to can cun you have to come here

3  Thank Aimee M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As Cancun regulars, we wanted a light meal after snacking and Happy Hour.
We decided to try Tacun because it was recommended on TripAdvisor. We weren't disappointed!
The atmosphere wasn't great since it was right on the street across from Plaza Flamingo, but the staff and the food made up for it. The prices are very reasonable as well. I had the fish tacos, my husband and son had the pastor tacos,which are made from pork sliced cooked and seasoned right I front of you and our daughter-in -law had the veggie skewers. They were all excellent. For dessert, we had the ice cream- also excellent! Highly recommended!

4  Thank dhs13
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were in Cancun for a week and since we are at a timeshare that is not all inclusive we go out to eat every night. We had gone to this place 2 years ago when it was Habanero's. It was quite good. We went for dinner this past week and it was excellent. I had lived in Guadalajara, Mexico for 4 year in 1990's and I have become a quite a connoisseur of mexican food, especially tacos. This place made excellent tacos and with the right condiments, onions, cilantro, salt, and lime. I had the order of tacos al pastor and one gringa, which is sort of a pork quesadilla. The salsas were very good and the habanero was very, very hot. The service was very friendly and English was well spoken. It can be hard to find but it is across from the southern end of the Plaza Flamingo and it right where a side lane starts if you were headed north towards where all the clubs are. My wife had the chicken enchiladas which were great. You know you have good food when the Mexican taxi drivers pull up and eat there. Alcohol was served in terms of beer which was a great selection and there was also hard alcohol available. We really enjoyed the food and it was a great value given the high priced restaurants that are in the hotel zone of Cancun. Great staff and truly authentic style tacos without having to go to the rip off priced taco stands across from Coco Bongo where children are begging and you are getting offers for drugs. I would highly recommend this place for dinner or lunch. I did not do breakfast but will the next time were in Cancun. Step away from the all inclusive and try this place for dinner.

3  Thank Jimcuse