“Great Restaurant a Must !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hacienda el Mortero

Hacienda el Mortero
Reserve with OpenTable
Hacienda el Mortero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 939 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“Great Restaurant a Must !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I know is a little late but this review needed to be done. I visited el Hacienda el Mortero with my parents in Thanksgiving weekend for a Sunday Brunch. I have to say that I was very impressed with the atmosphere, food, and service. At the moment you step in the restaurant, you feel that you are in a piece of the "Real Mexico"... A Mexican traditional "Hacienda". The food could not be better, I am Mexican and I can tell you that the food was very Authentic!!! Service was amazing...Please ask for Fabricio!!! He will take care of you amazingly!!! Definitely a Must when in Cancun!!!

• Polish first
houston
“Mortero Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We visit Cancun at least twice a year and we always go to Morteros. Several years ago it was recommended by a local friend and I believe it to be the best "Mexican" food in Cancun. The drinks, the service, the atmosphere and the food is all top notch. My granddaughter will say Morteros for dinner every evening!

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant evening with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We dined here in February, 2014. We enjoyed everything -- the drinks, the appetizers, the music, the food.

• Visited February 2014
Humboldt, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mortero”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

It was alright, not as good as I thought it would be for all the rave reviews. The place itself was wonderful, the service was as well but the food was so-so.

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“So-so food. Very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went here on the recommendation of our concierge. First I must say that our daughter has to bring her own food due to severe good intolerances and this restaurant couldn't have nicer about. Contrasted with another place that would have charged us $25 for her. (Shocking. Never had that happen) the strolling band was very good in creating the atmosphere. But the good was only average esp for the price. Mexican Sauvignon blanc was excellent tho! Regardless I wouldn't return.

• Visited February 2014