“Just plain bad.”

Champions Sports Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Champions Sports Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Junto al Hotel CasaMagna Marriott Cancun
Description: Champions Sports Bar is the hottest sports restaurant in Cancun, Mexico which combines the excellence national and international food. It has a unique giant screen and more than 30 televisions with individual programming that will ensure the transmission of the event you are looking for. With different kind of specialties, a nice list of craft beers, cocktails and bleachers specially designed to enjoy your favorite sport. Also you can enjoy our karaoke night and a live DJ playing all of your favorite music. Champions Sports Bar is open from 12:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. and is located at Marriott Cancun Resort.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was just bad. Mozzarella sticks cold. The artichoke dip was not artichoke, we have no idea what it was. The wings tasted like they were Tyson microwave wings. Really disappointing. Would never ever go back, not even with a gift card.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

In May 2013 we stayed at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa right next door to the CasaMagna Marriot. After the nightmare at La Capilla's Argentina Steakhouse (see my other reviews) we thought we'd give Champions a try. The service was prompt and except for cold fries the meals were OK; but the place was very loud. None of the TV screens seemed to stay on one sport, they kept skipping from baseball to basketball to American football etc. As I'm not American none of these sports interested me, although I found basketball quite interesting after a while, however I still wouldn't go to a match. I expected to see a bit more football considering we were in a football mad country.
We ate at Champions 3 times in total, basically because there are are no decent restaurants in Cancun that aren't "A la carte", or we couldn't find them. I lost count of the number of times I walked into a restaurant asking for the menu because there isn't one outside, and when I asked if they were "A la carte" they were not happy when I walked out. My experience was that "A la carte" in Cancun means rip off the tourist.
I'd only recommend going to Champions once, after that go to McDonalds or Papa Johns across the road as you'll be ripped off in the other "A la carte" restaurants in this area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Casamagna and ate at Champions twice. The first time was because our plane landed at 9 PM and by the time we checked in, we didn't feel like looking for another place to eat. The second time was because we were in the middle of a HUGE rainstorm and again, it was convenient. They were also showing the NBA playoff game that we couldn't get in our room since the rainstorm caused many channels to lose service. Service was VERY slow. It was not that crowded for a Saturday night and there were many empty tables. But still, we waited around 15 to 20 minutes before anyone took our order. The staff was very polite but food was overpriced and tasted okay at best. Eat here for convenience only. Otherwise, take the collectivo down the hotel zone to the restaurants near the malls or downtown.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had the Tex Mex burger, which was fantastic. Service was pleasant and competent. The restaurant itself though has the ambiance of sitting in a warehouse. I know it's only a sports bar, but it's the ugliest sports bar I've seen.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This restaurant is located on the Casa Magna side of the two Marriott properties. They have standard American fare. Nice atmosphere, good food, huge tv's to watch any sport and great wait staff.