“This place is amazing!”

Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula
Ranked #21 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the riu caribe back in February and were hoping to stay there again this July but it was sold out. Instead, we booked the riu palace peninsula. After experiencing this hotel the caribe doesn't compare! The hotel is beautifully decorated, so modern! Upon arrival they informed us that they didn't have the room that we booked with a king bed, so we were upgraded for free! The rooms are beautiful and spotless! The beds are super comfortable! The food at the hotel was the best resort food I've ever had! From lobster to lamb to steak to pasta they really have it all! I was a little skeptical about the beach because it is rocky and almost cliff like, but it ended up being so gorgeous and unique! The ocean was amazin and beautiful and they had staff raking up the seaweed. There were tons of friendly staff members ready to wait on you and bring you a drink or help anyway they could. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank mememee123
There are newer reviews for Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula

wow!!!!!
This hotel is the most beautiful hotel i have ever stayed in!!! the service is fantastic, the staff are the friendliest and the all inclusive really is all inclusive!
free wifi, free room service!!! free mini bar and optics in your room which are filled daily! There is also 6 restaurants to choose from, the buffet as standard but you get free access to all the others 2 you just need to book in advance... the fusion restaurant is particularly good!

the hotel is in a beautiful location too, your private beach is not too busy, plenty of sunbeds and the view is spectacular... I've only been home a week but I miss the beautiful ocean and my daily swim!

I will definitely be returning and I hope you will give it ago too!!!!

4  Thank kay10y
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Holiday was from 17th June for 2 weeks. Beautiful weather throughout. Hotel first class. Beach & sea lovely. All staff exceptional especially the dining hall staff, in particular Emanuel & Salvador, they could not help us enough. Hotel was kept immaculate at all times, all members of staff cheerful, friendly & always happy to help which came in rather handy with my daughter having a broken foot & in a wheelchair for the duration of the holiday.
I would definitely return to this hotel not only for the accomodation but mainly for the very friendly staff. I will also be recommending this to friends & family. Fantastic holiday all round.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Norman M
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the best hotel we've ever stayed in! Carribean sea 1 Side massive lagoon on the other! Staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you, especially at meal times! Free optics and mini fridge In room! Far enough out of the town for it not to bother you but close enough to use the facilities such as shops bars Etc. 50p each on the bus wherever u want to go and they come every 2 minutes! Probably the best all inclusive holiday we've ever been on! Strongly recommend to every1! Avoid American spring break unless on a lads/girls holiday

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jace85
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent food, brilliant service, best room and view ever and we holiday five times a year. All the staff want you to serve you in the best way possible and make you feel wanted in their hotel.
I would recommend this to anyone, the restaurants, the lobby bar run in the evening by the amazing Diego. Remembers what everyone drinks and makes you feel so welcome night after night. Actively helps you enjoy yourself and experience drinks you have never tried before. Loves to line up tequilas for all, makes sure you have a ball.

We were treated after sampling the fusion restaurant three times to a question as to whether we would be visiting again by the head waiter. He said we would lay on a treat and what a treat it was capped off by pouring fire serving us a Mayan coffee. Very impressive.

Room was the biggest ever and the jacuzzi bath the largest too, we were high up with the massive frigate birds flying below us, amazing.

Beach is a little small but hey you cant have everything and the day time entertainment is very loud but was fun watching what went on.

We will be going back for sure and the fact we flew on the dreamliner just added to the holiday experinece. Go try it is all i can say.

Room Tip: Join Riu Class and you will get upgraded if you use them regularly, we do, its an excellent experien...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Orange800
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I visited this hotel on June 11-15. From the moment you check in till the moment you check out it was a pleasure. There are two beach options here, one that is a bit rocky but I still enjoyed it and then one full with sand which I cant comment on since I did not spend any time there. The drinks can be a bit watered down, but just ask for a shot to go with it and you will be good. If you go to the beach late sometimes finding and umbrella can be hard to find or even finding someone on the beach to help you was a bit of a pain.

I didnt try any of the la carte resturants since you did have to make reservations and when I checked it, there was already a waiting list. So we just did the buffet, which always had something you would like depending on your mood. Room service was alright, although the menu is limited. The staff were very friendly, and if you tip you definitely do get better service.

The bus services takes u pretty much to all the tourist spots on the island for less than a dollar. This place takes both pesos and american money but pay in pesos because the exchange rate is more in their favor if you give american. I went with my boyfriend and we came back to our room that was decorated with roses and intricate towel art which was amazing.

Entertainment at night is a bit cheesy and not all that. But still something to keep you entertained.

Overall I would say this is a great place and I will come back again. There are always cleaning.

1  Thank Daniela D
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel! I was here for a week and wish I could of stayed longer. The beach and the pools were awesome! There were people cleaning at all times and were always helpful if you had a question. There was this awesome bar at the left of the hotel that was open till midnight that I loved because it had seating on the beach and it made it very romantic! I always asked for an extra shot in all of my drinks to spike them up a bit. I was upgraded to the adult villas which had a separate pool for adults only. The food was okay, not the best! They do have restaurants that you have to make reservations for, unfortunately we didn't have time to eat at any of them! They also have vendors from orbitz and other companies that sell you day trips which I used and felt very safe doing so. I also enjoyed the sports bar. It was open 24/7 and since we were there during the world cup it was always packed which made the games so exciting! This hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and about 10 minutes from the shopping area in Cancun. Its also walking distance from the ferry to Isla Mujeres! I would love to come back to this hotel!

1  Thank Miel R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
#44 of 176 in Cancun
GR Caribe by Solaris
GR Caribe by Solaris
#26 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula? Share your experiences!