Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula
$337
$330
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$365
$503
$626
$506
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$604
$538
5,655 results
All reviewsvip restaurantadult villassports barcappuccino barspecialty restaurantsjacuzzi on the balconykrystal restauranttamalessteakadults only sectionocean viewisla mujeresdays in advancemain buildingmain buffetliquor dispenserbeach area
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Cancun on October the 6th. We had stayed at the
Riu Palace Las Americas the end of May of this year and were still bubbling from our experience there, but from the moment we arrived at the Riu Palace Peninsula we were treated like royalty.
The decor is a bit Edgy and quite different from the Las Americas. But different is not bad. I would call the Peninsula "Ultra Modern", where of course the Las Americas is more "Old World".,
We run a Travel Agency, Christie Cruise and Travel Masters from Ashland, KY (United States)
Fortunately this allows us to travel a couple of times a year to check out first hand the different
resorts. Riu Palace Peninsula does not disappoint. We did have trouble with our ceiling fan not working but after we found it could not immediately be repaired the Hotel offered to move us
to another room which was actually even nicer than the first. All we had to do was gather our
belongings and the front desk sent someone to move our luggage to the new room. As someone who has operated a business of one sort or other for over 30 years I have learned that one cannot prevent problems from happening, but how one handles those problems is what sets your business apart from the rest. That is what the Riu properties do. Instead of ignoring the problem with the fan, they took action and satisfied the customer by giving us another room.

As I saw in another review, I agree that the views are spectacular. We were on the top floor, and consequently our view was amazing, but last year we stayed on a lower floor and were
still quite happy with the view.

If laying in the sun is your thing (It is mine) then try lying on the bluff just at the end of the
quiet pool. You have the pool to your back for a quick dip, but you have the view of the rocks
and ocean breeze as you look out over that beautiful blue water. This is my spot.

The food is quite good. We mostly ate at the Buffet as I don't like being tied down by having
to make reservations while on vacation. However, the Italian Restaurant does not require
reservations and the food there is outstanding, as our the Waitors.

The Entertainment (nightly shows) I thought were quite good. We went to see them a couple
of times during our 7 night stay and we were not disappointed. Several of the other nights my
husband sat out on the balcony enjoying the music and he said those shows were quite impressive as well.

The staff that puts on the daily pool activities are wonderful and quite funny actually. I am more
likely to observe than to participate in any kind of activities but they are quite fun to watch. The
same pool staff were the hosts of the Party on the Beach on Saturday night before we left and
everyone had fun. The staff at the Party would not allow me to just observe, and even though
they couldn't convince my husband to join in they did convince me and it was a lot of fun.

Overall we had a wonderful Vacation and we think the Riu Palace Peninsula is awesome. My
husband and I discussed it before we left and even though the Riu Palace Las Americas will
forever be in our hearts, we both agreed that if we can make it to Cancun twice a year we will
definitely want to stay at the Peninsula every year as well.

Happy Traveling!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Judy J
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Pool and Beach area are great. Food really good and waiters really service minded. Reception and cleaning staff not so good. Got poorer room than what we paid for under the cover of that we were 'upgraded' . Found out last day it wasn't true.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reisepia
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stud a week at Riu Palace Peninsula when I got to the hotel I was greeted by German Calderón in the lobby from the beginning of my vacation to the end I was help with all my NEED  German help me to book all my excursions and answered all my questions because of German Calderón I had one the best vacation ever I would definitely recommend grayline tours and mayaland tours to all my friends.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heckie1
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have just got back from this hotel and was amazed at what I had seen and witnessed. When you first arrive it looks amazing the deco is second to none and the foods nice could not fault that however it lacked health and safety the floors are mable very nice you may say but a death trap when wet I was there for two weeks when they were cleaning the floors which they do all the time which is good however they failed to put up signs to say they were wet so I and others had slipped and fell for me resulting in a broken foot with no help from the hotel management we had to ask did they have a wheel chair I felt they were turning a blind eye to any injuries done on there premises they did not seem consurned about it but when we kept on complaining they were then putting up signs to say floor wet even when they weren't I could not believe the amount of walking wounded and also be aware of the floors in the room as they are slippy too when wet as I met people who had slipped in there rooms.
But beware a lot of young Americans Who come for weekend breaks nothing a matter with that but there was a couple of fights that happend at the piano bar and innocent by standards got hit not what you want from a five star hotel and its suposed to be a family hotel i would not like to bring my children here, plus we had things taken from our safe and room it cost a lot of money to come here and I felt I did not get value for money the only thing I did get was a night mare holiday from start to finish.
So if you fancy a holiday at this hotel and you don't mind getting hurt or watching fighting then this is the place to be am sure your family will enjoy it not.

Entertainment well I thought I was in for a treat how wrong was I this is my fourth year in Mexico and I have stayed in some fabulous hotels which offer much more than the Riu with entertainment second to none.

On the possative side the views were amazing I just never got the chance to enjoy it!! :(

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Maria A
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed in the Riu Palace in September 2013 and it was simply excellent. I will round up a few key notes.

Check in - was smooth and easy we arrived about 3pm and our room was ready and waiting with a nice gift from the hotel.

Room - Perfect nice hot shower comfortable bed effective air conditioning and freshly stocked mini bar every day.

Pools - There are plenty of pools and each seemed more quiet or lively than the others. We opted to stay by the water polo pool as this is where most of the entertainment was and we met most friends here.

Entertainment team - A big shout out to my boy Juan he nailed it kept us so entertained but we loved the other guys too, Omar, Tiguana and Israel. These guys really made our holiday and are great fun. Make sure you go on the nights out with them as it is crazy.

Bar staff - Shout out to Salavador who kept us sufficently watered by the pool we didnt have to move once, its always good to tip these guys and it definately goes a LONG way, try out the lemon drop shots and the scooby doos for a good time.

Food - I have read loads of people complaining about the food, I dont see why there was not one thing I didnt like, there was soooo much choice and the staff were constantly cooking new foods. The buffet had a different theme every night which varied things up. We tried the restaurants also again food excellent. Im not saying michelin star excellent but good enough.

Maid service - the maid for our room was lovely Angela we made sure to tip her frequently as our room would always be cleaned early and we would have towel animals created for us.

Now for the negative and this is nothing to do with the hotel - If you are from the UK and travelling with Thomson Gary the rep is useless and provided the worst service ever. They cancelled a pirate ship excursion without notifying us they were going to do so and left us in the lobby for an hour, this was not captain hook but Thomson, the Thomson excursions are far more expensive than if you pruchase from within the hotel and I would recomend Hotel Beds to purchase from.

Excursions we recommend

Isla Murjes - Take the ferry over its only a 5 minute walk from the hotel the island is great and you can hire golf buggies to drive around and exploree.

Xplor - A great day out for anybody if you like adventures and heights

Coco Bongos - An excellent show

Captain Hook - When we finally went on it a really really good excursion very entertaining

Senor Frogs - if you like to party here is good place to get wasted and if you book online its only $45 inculding all drinks.

I hope you find this review informative please feel free to message me for any more details.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter - All have a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple