“Rui Palace Penninsula”

Ranked #20 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
“Rui Palace Penninsula”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I must say I was pleasently suprised. I was worried when I read other reviews.
First I would like to say, we never had any issues with anything being stolen, in fact, I left my wallet out and we went downstairs to eat, the cleaning lady cleaned the room and placed my wallet with all its contents back on the bed where I had left it.
Second we were greeted upon arrival with drinks and a free room upgrade, just for being first time guests, to the 12th floor, I was pleasently suprised,it was GREAT!
Third the room was clean! I am pretty 'crazy' about cleanliness of hotel rooms, well this room was clean and they cleaned it 2-3 times a day.
Not only was this resort all inclusive, the mini bar in the room was very nice and stayed stocked. the hotel had 1 main restuarant with buffet style serving open to anyone, and Italian retuarant opened to anyone and 4 other retuarants that you had to make reservations for but were still included in the "all inclusive price".
They have 5 pools, and tons of beach area. We never had to search for chairs. They had wait staff on the beach, at the pool in the lobby areas all ready to serve you.
A plus was with the Rui Palace Penninsula armband you could visit any of the other 3 Rui resorts on the strip which we did and by far the one we stayed at was the best (i think).
They offered some sort of kid and adult entertainment each night. Parents beware that if you choose to bring your kids to the late show ensure what they are doing because 2 nights I saw parents get up and leave with thier children in tote. But in all fairness the kid show was at about 830pm and the adult show usually started around 930 or 945pm so there was plenty time in between. With that said, the shows were ok, but there are plenty clubs/discos down the road. There is CocoBongo which was fun but be prepared to stand the entire time. With that being said to my females to love to dress, where comfortable shoes, I opted to wear 4 inch heals - by 130am I am not sure if I was standing or floating.
The Rui Penninsula also offers tours they usually have 3-4 people with different companies sellign tours. The prices range about the same.
I would recommend buying everything online prior to getting to Mexico to include your rondtrip transportation to and from the airport as the Rui Penninsula doesn't offer any transportation.
They do have an art center where you can paint pictures with help for a price $$$. They also have people going around taking pictures and posing you while at the pool and beach which you can purchase for a price $$, but they are printed right away.
This was a great trip for me and my fiance. But I am thinking about returnign for a girls trip. They also had things fro families not sure how it would fare as a business location as you have to pay for internet in your room but it is free in the lobby.
All in all great trip and would recommend ... well worth it!

1 Thank Katrina F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,377)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The moment we arrived at this hotel, I didn't stop smiling. It is BEAUTIFUL! Our room was awesome, stocked mini fridge, breathtaking view of the ocean and pool area. If you want to stay at this resort your whole trip, you will be entertained. There was different shows every night. One of the bars was open 24 hours, so is room service. There is always somewhere to eat, and the food is great and so many options!!! Pools are so fun, and not crowded at this time of year. Swim up bar. Lots of activities. I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel and the service. I didn't want to leave. And we will be back next year for sure to see our new friends Ulysys, Fernando, Adel, Alexi, Jaquin and to work out with RON AND GEORGE!!! And SO Many more wonderful people work here....We love you guys! Thanks for the best honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank OsBeevo
Beachbuny
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived to the resort on Thursday, October 18. When we walked into the lobby, we noticed that it was extremely modern. The check-in was super easy. The front desk clerk, Lola, was so sweet and we got an upgrade to the 17th floor which was an awesome view.

It took us a minute to figure out the electricity in the room. We were not told at the front desk how it worked, which would have been nice. You have to leave the room key,in the slot, near the door. It's important to leave a key in there when you aren't in the room, otherwise the refrigerator will also turn off.

The pools and the outside landscaping were beautiful. The swim up bar was a little disgusting, as you could see a serious difference in water between that pool and all others. They did not have a bathroom outside, which would have been very useful! Every time you wanted to use the bathroom, you had to walk inside.

The beach was pretty rocky and there was quite a bit of seaweed. The resort did off free snorkeling and if you snorkel near the big rock, you will see tons of fish!

The massage was pretty good. We did an 80 minute couples massage and it was $200. We did the massage in the spa because even though its offered outside, the massage tables are too close to everything that's going on and it's too loud...I didn't think that would be relaxing.

The food was very OK. The breakfast buffet was the best meal of the day and it was actually very good. We ate at the lunch buffet and it was not good. Most of the food was bland and a lot of times was cold. I was hoping to eat really good Mexican food while there and that did not happen. The Japanese restaurant was delicious and we ate there twice. We ordered club sandwiches from room service everyday and they were awesome! The sports bar had some sandwiches and snacks which really hit the spot after several beers. The only beers they serve are dos Equis and Tecate. The mojitos were pretty awesome!

The best thing about this resort was the service. The staff were super accommodating and we always had full drinks. Even though its all inclusive, we always tipped. Even a dollar or two goes a long way. These people bend over backwards to do anything and everything for you so a few extra bucks really made them very happy.

Overall, it was nice but not a resort that I would recommend to all of my friends. I'm a huge fan of Iberostar resorts and I would stay there before I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
7 Thank Beachbuny
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Like others I had read the negative reviews before we went and was a bit apprehensive, but need not have been, everything was first class. The staff are so friendly and happy, the food was lovely (something for every taste), everywhere is very clean and constantly being cleaned and no matter where you sat there was always someone asking if they could get you a drink!
We did tip the waiters around the pool and in the buffet restaurant - yes they did remember you, but the service everywhere was good. Our only downside was that we only went for one week - when we return it will definitely be for two!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janine B
Toronto
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Check In - Greeted by friendly staff, Manolo helped us check in. we arrived at 9am and check in is at 3PM, but he provided us with an amazing room right away. As soon as we arrived to the room, Manolo called to check if we are happy with the room and if we needed a crib for out 14 month old daughter. what a great service...

Room - We had booked ocean view suite and well worth every penny... our Room 408 is breathtaking with a Jaccuzi outside and also inside. the balcony had an all around view ..beach, pools the best view you can get. Room is clean and just perfect

Hotel - Beautiful, Modern, Clean & Spotless.. whats amazing is that there are people cleaning all the time...floors are spotless and staff is out of this world friendly.

Food- My husband and I are both very very picky with food..and we gained weight by time we arrived back home...that says it all....amazing food variety for everyone..
Breakfast and Lunch Buffet was great...serviced by RAUL & GUILLERMO...they always work together and both are amazing friendly service....knew exactly what drinks to bring every time we arrived..and always provided a high chair for our daughter without requesting. They deserve every tip..will post a pic shortly of both of them.

We also dealt with another RAUL who is a manger on duty for the buffet and also at the steak restaurant and Krystal ...he is the best, friendly happy appreciative of any tips given...truly deserves it. Picture coming soon

Pools are amazing & beach is great...One thing i couldnt believe is the service around the beach as well...someone is always coming to get order for drinks which is amazing.

Room Service- IMPORTANT TO READ
our room was cleaned daily, however one night we came back around 9pm and noticed our room door open...we walk in and there is cleaning lady replacing our towels etc...we were shocked as our room was cleaning earlier that day and the worst thing is that I had forgotten to lock the safe and was Full of money & jewellery. Luckily nothing was missing but we took extra precautions . Next day my husband passes by the room around 2pm and notices door open again...this time there was a guy fixing a plug in our bedroom... In conclusion, Tidy up anything important at all times even if you haven't requested room service.

OVERALL, Most amazing resort I have been so far...I have been to mexico, st.marteen, Cuba, Dominican Republic and this time around I can say that I would visit this resort AGAIN.

This resort is not made for young people who want to party.... its definitely more on he calm relaxing side. Amazing service by all staff is unreal..

WORTH EVERY PENNY...will post pictures of room, the staff soon.

Mssg me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: OCEAN VIEW SUITE is worth every penny...amazing view and Jacuzzi on the balcony is wow.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Talina
Vancouver
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The bad reviews are all bogus. I think it's actually other hotels writing reviews to bring this one down. This resort is amazing!!! You don't even see a garbage can in site because it's service quality is that great. We got a room on the right wing facing the ocean and beach area which was perfect. The hotel is very modern. The doors in the lobby are closed so the hotel is always cool. The beach on the palace side is man made so it's a bit rocky getting in but once you're in it's great, or you can always walk over to the other Riu which is about a min walk and is a natural beach that we have full access too. There are jetted hot tubs that most people don't know about beacause they are inside by the spa.
Book all your resturaunts ahead of time the fusion one is the best one. The steak house ask to make your steak more rare than you normally take it because they may over cook it a bit. If you want an egg white omlette for breakfeast they have egg whites on the steakhouse side and the will make it perfect. Sushi is good but not fantastic so if your picky on your sushi pass this one. Don't plan on buying anything domestic in Mexico for cheap bring it with you! ie: chips are $8 usd per bag, sunblock, aloe, immodium, gravol are all 3x the normal price everywhere in Mexico even Walmart. We tipped our maid $2 per day because they change the cleaning person everyday.
Keep your balcany door closed and blast the ac when you leave that way the room is alway nice and cool when you come back. We tipped the two bartender's that when drank with $5 usd each and they took awesome care of us for the the entire week, never had to wait for a drink. If you are a big wine lover bring you own wine!! All the wines are from Mexico so don't expect 02 Abreu Cabernet Madrona Ranch.
The bus is 8.5 pesos approx $1usd. Takes you everywhere. If you go to Isla Mujeres the beach is amazing plus you can get a full body massage for $30/hr on the beach.
We checked out 3 other Riu's while we were there and this one was by far the best one. The food, booze and decor is much better by far.
This hotel is lacking one thing which is an outside bbq, so you do have to go inside everytime to eat but it's a 2 min walk! All and all this hotel is amazing!
ps
try to bring some peso's with you if you can b/c if you give them USD's they will only give you peso's back and the exchange may not be so good.

Room Tip: "don't pay to upgrade your room they will ask if it's a special occasion and upgrade fo...
4 Thank vancitylady
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Dont listen to the negative comments... i went right when it opened in may... and i was soo nervous booking ittt, after reading all the negative comments. The food, staff, hotel, beachs are AMAZING !! The entertainment staff always made sure you were having a good time. The hotel was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.. soo modern. Very clean.. the food was really good ! I preferred the buffet over the dinner restaurants... the steaks werent that good ! They had a party bus to go out clubbing at night.. coco bongo, mandella, the city etc.. were all just around the corner from the hotel !! Clear water, white sand beaches !! Drinks were amazing... i LOVED the cafe in the morning they had dilicious lattes, mochas, coffees, milkshakes !! Room service was always fast.. the staff was very helpfull and polite ! we'd leave for 20 mins and come back and our whole room would be spotless. Ive been to Cancun mexico before and many other tropical locations but this is BY FAR the best place i have ever stayed at ! I cant wait to go baccck :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family