“"Fish On"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cancun Fishing Charters

Cancun Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun's finest luxury A/C fishing fleet. Join us for world-class sportfishing trips for marlin, sailfish, tuna, wahoo and more. Amazing flats fishing and bonefishing trips in Cancun and the famous waters of Isla Blanca. We also offer popular fishing & snorkeling combo trips, bottom fishing, and shared fishing adventures (party fishing). After your trip, cook your catch at our beach club and enjoy the facilities. Transportation is available from all Cancun hotels. Cancun's only catch-a-fish guarantee! Private charters start at just $250.00! Come enjoy Cancun's finest fishing aboard our luxury vessels, experience the area's best English-speaking customer service, and make your trip to Cancun one to remember!
Placerville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Fish On"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Capt. Pepe and his crew on the Heavenly showed us a wonderful time and a trip to remember. We landed a ton of fish including a large Mahi Mahi. We were very impressed with every aspect of our fishing trip, from booking to transportation, and fishing to having our catch prepared for us on the beach. We HIGHLY recommend Cancun Charters to anyone visiting the Cancun area and wishes to do a bit of fishing. We are looking forward to booking our next fishing trip when we return next year. Job well done.

Visited May 2013
IslandJim, Owner at Cancun Fishing Charters, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi There Amigo,

We appreciate very much that you take time to write a Trip Advisor review. This forum is one of the World's most popular travel forums so your review will surely be seen by many folks traveling to Cancun & the Riviera Maya.

I am well pleased that the crew of "Heavenly" showed you such a good time; you caught a mess of fish and enjoyed eating some of those fresh fish at the marina beach club & restaurant. What could be better?

We always want happy fishermen: Seems this time we achieved our goal. We look forward to your return and let's do this again!

Thank you for choosing Cancun Fishing as your charter provider!

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wanted to go fishing, so I arranged my first fishing trip. Had a great time, and caught a large Sailfish. When I go back to the dock it was the only sailfish there, and everyone was commenting on how cool it was. I would recommend a fishing trip to any who want to have a good time and have a fish tale to tell when you get home.

Visited February 2013
IslandJim, Owner at Cancun Fishing Charters, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Congratulations on your trophy sailfish catch Mr. Jason H. When those species enter our part of the Caribbean every year they come in abundance so it is not an uncommon catch but a thrilling catch even if not your first billfish catch.

We really appreciate you choosing Cancun Fishing as your provider and of course we hope you visit the Mexican Caribbean again soon and remember us when you do; we would really like to take you fishing again anytime.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers; these reviews help new and repeat visitors decide on new activities and also the providers who consistently deliver a good experience at a fair price.
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All you can ask for in a fishing trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was hands down the hardest working crew I have worked with. My son and I were on the fish all day long and the boat crew was constantly busy keeping us hooked up. From the minute we got on the boat till we left the dock everything was taken care of. Great work and great trip over 45 fish taken.
Booked online ahead of time and everything was delivered as promised. Easy to access via cab or bus from hotel zone.

Visited March 2013
Wow, amigo - 45 fish in one charter outing is quite a nice batch of fish. I hope you guys took some of those for a few fresh fish meals; hardly anything better than your own freshly caught fish with a few margaritas or cold beers.

We always want happy fishermen and realistically that cannot always be, but this time sounds like we achieved our goal. You and your son must have been pretty tired by the time you were done fishing for the day.

We hope to see you again soon in the Mexican Caribbean; from Cancun to the Riviera Maya and Cozumel Island we have the same fine fishing charter services, so if you are near any of these locations look us up.

Thank you for taking time to post on Trip Advisor, one of the world's leading travel forums. These efforts by our visitors help others maybe coming down for the first time decide on the activities they will participate in and what providers they can depend on to do their best to deliver a good experience: Very helpful, and we thank you for that.
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a great Fishing/Snorkeling trip with Wahoo Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We fished in the morning and it was tough fishing. None of the boats around us were catching anything so our captain made a bold decision and moved into the shallows. We immediately hooked up with a Barracuda, then a Trigger fish, next a big Jack, then our lunch, a beautiful yellowtail snapper. The captain then took us to this reef where no other boats were and the deckhand jumped off the boat with us a showed us some of the best snorkeling spots over the next 2 hours that I've ever seen. The captain was throwing bait to Barracuda eating them right in front of us. What a site!!!

The last pat of our adventure was getting dropped off at a restaurant where they cooked our fresh catch up for us while we enjoyed a delicious Margarita.

I'm fished on many many boats and snorkeled in some of the most exotic places in the world. I can honestly say that between the professionalism of the captain and deckhand along with the absolute beauty of the area and the fishery that this will go down as one of the most memorable times I've ever had on the ocean.

Thanks WAHOO TOURS!!!!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank Anthony K
IslandJim, Owner at Cancun Fishing Charters, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
That's a great review and surely will catch the eye of other fishermen headed to the Mexican Caribbean. The sea is a blue and turquoise mix that is unlike most other fishing destinations in the world.

I am pleased you enjoyed the snorkel part of your charter. The coral reefs all around the Yucatan are nothing short of spectacular in beauty and abundance of reef fish.

We appreciate you choosing Cancun Fishing and I feel like you are gald you did. We are careful in choosing our captains and deck-hands; trying always to get the best who have grown up fishing these waters so in rough seas or calm, they rarely disappoint our guests and we achieve our goal of sending "happy fishermen" home; but anxious to return.

When you do come back, just remember we serve most all of the Mexican Caribbean: In Cozumel and the Riviera Maya in the name Cozumel Charters and in Cancun in the name Cancun Fishing. Two well established names delivering thousands of charters to avid fishermen and giving special attention to the novice fishermen.

We hope to serve you nice folks again soon in our area. Oh, also I wish to thank you for posting on Trip Advisor so members and other readers know where to find reliable fishing charter service and terrific snorkel tours. Thanks for the "thumbs-up"!
Dallas, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best deep sea fishing adventure ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

From the time I booked the 8 hour charter out of Cancun, Jim at Cancun Fishing Charters helped us all along the way. I took my two sons: twelve and 7. The Captain and First-Mate treated them like kings. The boat and equipment were great. The service was even better. Transportation to and from the resort was included. My boys and I will never forget the experience. We are already planning going back to fish with Jim and Cancun Fishing Charters.

Visited December 2011
5 Thank Robert V
IslandJim, Owner at Cancun Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
I am very pleased for the youngsters catching their first saltwater fish. Your review is outstanding and I appreciate the time you took to post on Trip Advisor. Most all service companies rely heavily on referrals, and millions of travelers go to Trip Advisor to get "first-hand" information about all manner of vacation experiences.

January is a difficult month because we have a lot or northern fronts that come through, often accompanied with strong winds, so off-shore is sometimes rough and sometimes we cannot leave the marinas if the Port Captain calls a "closed port" for safety reasons.

Our group is happy that we made you happy and I know the boys must have had a great time catching all those fish. Please congratulate them for us.

Hope we see you folks back in the Mexican Riviera region soon; remember we offer the same quality fishing charters in the Riviera Maya and on Cozumel Island, so we can serve you just about anywhere you vacation near the Yucatan Peninsula.