“It was a blast!”

and up
Cancun Jungle Tour Adventure: Speed Boat and Snorkeling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy the most popular and exciting Jungle Tour Experience by Driving your own two-seater Speedboat through Cancun Bay to enter Nichupté Lagoon, after about 45 minutes you will reach the 2nd largest Coral Reef in the world at Punta Nizuc to Swim and Snorkel for 30 minutes, admire the wild life and drive your Speedboat back to the marine! You can choose from one of the four departure times when you book!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Campbell River, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“It was a blast!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a must do while in Cancun. You get a boat that seats two people. You get to drive your own boat through the Lagoon and out to the ocean for an hour of snorkeling. These little boats really fly! It was one of the highlights of our trip!!

• Korean first
McMinnville, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great time Snorkel leaked”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Two major things that you need to have with this adventure is swimming skills and not have back and neck problems. Where you snorkel, the reef has currents that you have to fight and if not in shape will wear you out trying to keep up with the group. You have to follow the group, it is Not a snorkel where you want. The group is led through the reef by the guide.
My snorkel leaked at one of the connecting joints so it was a battle for me to keep from swallowing sea water.
The other major is, small boat- rough water = body gets a pounding. The water can get very choppy and the boat will bounce and splash. Go early in the morning if you can, better luck with little or no wind = smooth water
Had a great time except for the crappy snorkel.

2 Thank Findingdeals
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not for those with bad necks or backs.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We we're beat half to death by the rough waves! The tour guide said it was a normal day for waves. The boats are small - too small for the open ocean. There are no windshields so water sprays in your face the whole time. Even though I had on glasses, I couldn't open my eyes because of the salt water spray. thank God my husband drove the boat because I literally could not see! That lasted for the 40 minutes to and 40 minutes back. Then was the boat that was smacked down full force on top of the waves the whole way there and most of the way back. I pulled my back muscle. The snorkel was OK. Saw a live coral reef and a couple of fish. After we came back we had piña coladas and crab cakes which were very good. Definitely would not recommend!

Visited February 2014
Jungletourcancun, Gerente at Jungle Tour Adventure, responded to this review, September 26, 2015
Hello my monbre is Luis May, and I am the manager of jungle tour adventure, I wonder which of our two locations you made this activity, in Plaza La Isla or Cancun bay hotel, and if you remember the name of the guide that was you with you.
San Antonio, Texas
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“We had a BLAST!!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My bride and I could only afford one excursion during our honeymoon. We chose this one because of the price and adventure!

We got to drive our own speedboat.
As our guide said: We are going to the open ocean, it may get bumpy, but you paid for that!! Bumpy it was. Best ride of my life!! The reef area was nice, but wasn't great. Nonetheless we took some great pics of the underwater life!

Visited January 2014
Battle Creek, Iowa, United States
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had never snorkeled before. We got to drive our own little speed boats out to a reef and snorkel. Lots of beautiful fish and coral to see. It was awesome!