“Excellent Dive Experience”

Cancun Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Scuba Center operated by owner, Juan Carlos Garrido, with 20 years of experience, we'll make sure you'll have great dives an unforgettable experience with fully personalized attention and professional service. Specialized in Padi Courses to all levels, small groups for certified divers. We also offer the amazing dives to the cenotes (cavern diving).
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My son and I are newly certified divers and I booked with Cancun Scuba Center based on reviews of Juan Carlos and his team. My expectations were exceeded by everything from replies to emails, scheduling and flexibility, professionalism and knowledge of the dive team. Although we didn't dive with Juan Carlos, he was there each step of the way ensuring we had the best experience. We dove with Martin (excellent dive guide) for two days and I felt very safe, and he was always there to point out fish, turtles, eels and even rare sighting of a bull shark on each reef dive. Martin also did additional teaching with us during each briefing and after each dive, and the crew handled all our equipment and rinsed it as well. Everyone from Patricia at the dive shop, Martin, Roberto, the boat crew and of course Juan Carlos (who provided pictures of our dives) are excellent and I will definitely dive again with Cancun Scuba.

1  Thank Patrick S
in 16 reviews
"boat crew"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our family of 4 had a wonderful dive experience with Juan Carlos and his staff. We booked a discover scuba diving and felt very safe and prepared for the amazing reef dive we did next. We saw turtles, scores of colorful fish and baby fish being raised on the reef, a moray eel all sorts of invertebrate life. Truely an experience of a life time. My son went on to become a certified diver on the trip. Lots of hard work, but fun and exciting. He is already planning future dive trips. We really did our research and feel very satisfied that we chose the best scuba instructor and dive outfit. I forgot to mention the great photos he took of our family and all the underwater action, we appreciate that he did that very much! We will definitely book a trip with Juan Carlos next time we are in Cancun

2  Thank PattiOz
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our group of 3 dived with Juan Carlos last week at Cenotes Dos Ojos. Due to bad weather we weren't able to dive in the ocean but this dive was excellent and we weren't disappointed. Juan Carlos picked us up at our hotel, Westin Lagunamar. He was a very patient and knowledgeable dive instructor and catered to our differing skill levels. Our two tank dive in the cenotes was fascinating and we would definitely recommend this trip. We'll be back to Cancun and will definitely dive with Juan Carlos again!

1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had a group of 4, 2 divers & 2 snorkelers. Juan Carlos put together a cenotes trip that accommodated the various skill levels. We had extensive communication prior, so Juan Carlos had everything we needed in the truck, eliminating the need for a stop at the dive shop before heading to the cenotes. Juan Carlos & his staff were professional & knowlegeable, and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip.

2  Thank Vickie D
See more reviews
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Juan Carlos and his crew do a wonderful job! Contacted him by email from the TripAdvisor site. He responded immediately setting up a trip at a reasonable price. We are advanced divers, but were fortunate to observe Juan Carlos provide basic instruction to two individuals getting certified. Like a safety briefing before shooting at a range, you can never hear safety information repeated often enough. Juan Carlos has a very nice presentation style and after observing him for the day I would recommend him for individual wishing to become certified. He is patient and soft spoken in presenting basic information. Succinct and direct when necessary for getting students to react in situations requiring immediate action. The dive site was at the museum (30 foot) great for beginners but worth seeing for advanced divers. The reef provided lots to see Angle fish, ells, turtles and huge puffer fish and gropers. A very nice easy dive. My compliments to the Mexican Government for establishing the natural parks and understanding the environmental and economic value in protecting a wonderful resource. While writing this review I saw the review posted from one of the students I observed (Maurine S) she also had a positive experience while seeing it from a different perspective. Juan Carlos also provided pictures he took and forwarded them to me via email. A nice gesture from someone who is interested in providing that little extra.

2  Thank Teleosurd