“Reef open water certification” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cancun Scuba Center

Cancun Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Scuba Center operated by owner, Juan Carlos Garrido, with 20 years of experience, we'll make sure you'll have great dives an unforgettable experience with fully personalized attention and professional service. Specialized in Padi Courses to all levels, small groups for certified divers. We also offer the amazing dives to the cenotes (cavern diving).
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reef open water certification”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Juan Carlos and the staff at cancun scuba were fantastic! My fiancé and I set up referral from a local scuba shop in Arizona to finish our open water certification with Cancun scuba. Juan Carlos made the process extremely easy for us. And even better the dives themselves were amazing!! The first day we did two dives off Isla Mujeres museum and reefs, the statues were really fantastic to see! There were 6 of us on the dive, which was a great number when you have two instructors with you. My fiancé's brothers who were not getting certified were able to dive with us on the first dives which was great, I am pretty sure they are hooked now and are looking to start taking classes. We got to see lots on the dive and Juan Carlos was a fantastic instructor, you could really tell he cared about our experience. Our neutral buoyancy skills increased exponentially with his help, we practiced all of our skills and Juan Carlos and had a fantastic time. The next day we did another two dives at Black tip reef, and these dives were the highlight of my trip. We went down to about 50 feet and for these dives it was just my fiancé, Juan Carlos and I. I cannot explain how much more amazing this dive was made by there only being the three of us. We saw dive grouse with 15 people going around and it just seems like it was too many people. Juan Carlos was a great guide and even brought his own underwater camera and took pictures for us. And the best part of the whole trip was that near the end of the dive we actually got to swim with a sea turtle! It was the highlight of my trip and definitely crossed one off my bucket list. The whole experience was made 10X better by Jaun Carlos and his staff, they were extremely attentive and I know that we highly recommend them for everyone!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank James R

Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dos Ojos Cenote - Breathtaking Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I cannot say enough about the professionalism, respect, care and excitement shown to us by Juan Carlos for our Cenote dive experience at the Dos Ojos Cenote on the 1st of January. My fiance and I are certified, and dove with Juan Carlos and one other diver, first through the first eye to the room of the crocodile. On the second dive, we went through the Bat Cave and saw amazing formations under water. This was a fantastic dive, and something I will remember and cherish forever! It is not often that one gets to swim through and underwater cavern and view firsthand the development of stalactites and stalagmites. We often felt that we had been immersed into a Discovery Channel special. The view of the natural sunlight through the water from within the cavern was absolutely breathtaking. My pictures do not do it justice.

Though the site was amazing, the most special part about this experience is that is was a small group with an dive leader who really cared about our experience and our safety. He worked with my fiance and myself to allow my two brothers (not scuba certified) to snorkel in the cenote while we dove. He even planned it out so we met at certain times (my brothers snorkeling above, with us diving below). The fact that I was able to share this experience with my brothers (gaining further ammo for convincing them to become certified) made it all the better.

Overall, the location, attentiveness and excitement of Juan Carlos, and the small, intimate dive groups led by Cancun Scuba Divers made this my favorite part of our vacation to Cancun.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sukeshi M
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our second holiday diving with Cancun Scuba Center. We did 10 dives over 5 days including dive sites in Cancun, Cozumel and the Cenotes Dos Ojos.

Juan Carlos shared with us a wealth of experience, knowledge and skills (20 years +) he took us to wonderful dives sites full of marine life. He also took photos of everyone and emailed them all to us which makes for great memories and no other dive centre has done this for us before.

Each day the size of the group was around 5 people which was great, everything was planned out and Juan Carlos ensured we all felt comfortable with the depth and conditions of each dive.

There is a clear focus on safety and education which is exactly what we were looking for and the main reason we chose to dive with Cancun Scuba Center again. Its also worth noting Juan Carlos is a qualified and expert cave diver with years of knowledge of the Cenotes.

Juan Carlos very kindly picked us up from our hotel, he assembled and checked all our dive kit on the boat and provided a detailed dive briefing before each dive. The crew on the boat were also fantastic, helping us with anything we needed.

Thank you Juan Carlos, Roberto and Ramon, we hope to see you again soon, you made our holiday perfect!

1 Thank Embling-M
Brookline, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Perfect Intimate and SAFE Dive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Juan Carlos and his crew were the perfect choice for us in Cancun. Our very resort has contracted with many large plug-and-chug dive centers with vanilla reviews, but I am very pleased we decided to go with the excellent reviews here to find a great dive experience in a smaller, more intimate setting.

My girlfriend got certified this year, was a little nervous, and over two days, she got fabulous instruction with Juan Carlos and by the end was eager for our next dive trip (i.e. I no longer had to be pushy!). Juan Carlos gets all the credit -- he very quickly assessed our dive experience, assigned himself to my girlfriend, reviewed safety before and after our dives, and gave close feedback about her diving while proving to be a very reassuring, supportive divemaster.

Additionally, we got incredible rates compared to dive shops around the area. He even took the two of us alone to Cozumel to join another dive boat, with great recommendations and stops at local food joints. He even provided us with DropBox pictures from the dive afterwards which was really a very special touch.

As an advanced open water diver with over 100 logged dives, this was one of the most secure, personalized, and professional dives I have ever been on -- which is saying something compared to Cancun and Cozumel dive shops in general. We will absolutely be returning to dive with Cancun Scuba Center on our next visit.

3 Thank Chase S
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of the Best Dive Masters I Have Ever Had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

My experience diving with Juan Carlos at Cancun Scuba Center was fantastic. What really made the dives pleasurable were his great personality, attention, safety, and knowledge. I had done some research on Trip Advisor before choosing Cancun Scuba Center and chose them based on some sketchy things I had read about other operators, mainly lack of safety, old equipment, and questionable environmental practices.
Juan Carlos and Cancun Scuba Center had great equipment and I felt safe the entire time. My fiance is a new diver and he paid extra attention to her making sure that she felt safe and comfortable. He really went the extra mile and I really appreciated it. I did 2 days of diving with him, the first a reef dive on Cozumel which was enjoyable but the real highlight for me was the Cenote diving which Juan Carlos is an expert at. It was like nothing I have ever done and I can't recommend it highly enough. It was surreal swimming past stalagtites and stalagmites with the beautiful rays of light creating moving shafts in the water. I would go back to this part of the world just to do more Cenote dives. We dived Dos Osos that day and it was incredible. Juan Carlos is a gem of a person and really made the entire group feel welcome and safe. On the ocean dive he even took photos of fish and everyone in the group which was a great touch and made for a great souvenir .

1 Thank sagedrummer