“Another great diving experience !”

Cancun Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Scuba Center operated by owner, Juan Carlos Garrido, with 20 years of experience, we'll make sure you'll have great dives an unforgettable experience with fully personalized attention and professional service. Specialized in Padi Courses to all levels, small groups for certified divers. We also offer the amazing dives to the cenotes (cavern diving).
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Back to dive again in Mexico last June. After having a great experience last year, i chose to go back with Juan Carlos Garrido and his team.

This year I had decided to further my experience by taking the advanced diving certification (Open Water II) and to have Juan Carlos to be my instructor for this. After several days of very intense and almost non stop rain, I was finally able to start the course. Juan Carlos was, as most reviewers mention, very patient, and safety oriented. He made sure that I was able to master the basics and mandatory skills, even had to practice compass orientation (one of the different abilities in the OWII's certification program) some more on the beach !!! Of course it was not as much fun as in the water, but to Juan Carlos credit, it was intended to make sure that I understood and able to execute the drills.

All this to say that as far as certification is concerned it was not a "free ticket". I was more than comfortable with this approach. Given all the risks involved, scuba diving must be taken seriously and Juan Carlos makes sure that you are able to manage the prerequisites before you get certified, whatever level you are at. But that does not mean that the fun was out of the process, on the contrary ! So again, a very pleasant experience. I even went back diving with him after my certification. Many thanks to Senor Garrida, his assistant and Captain, for an enjoyable time.

2  Thank Eric204

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My first experience with JC was a couple of years ago where we dive reefs and cenotes, the experience was unique and decided to return with him because the first time I really liked the personalized service that he gives you before, during and after each submerged. This time we only dive reefs and the underwater museum, like the time before the whole process is quite personalized and that's what I like and I always recommend. Something that is important when will be the first time snorkeling or scuba diving is to have someone always watching your accomplishments or failures in the water giving you more confidence and secure. If you want to have a good experience I recommend diving in Cancun with JC and his very professional group of people. One plus the pictures that JC take are the best

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went to Cancun to finish my certification as a PADI diver. Juan Carlos and his crew (Ramon, first mate and George, captain) were all very professional, polite and friendly. The first day was to the under water museum which was very cool for my first ocean experience. Juan Carlos consistently helped me work on my bouyancy (the hardest thing to get right for someone who is new to the sport) while completing my skills evaluations.

Second dive was to a nice reef where we saw a lot of marine life including a nice star fish and a puffer fish. I was diving with Juan Carlos and is son and a family friend and they all made me feel like I was a part of their family.

The second day (dive 3) we dropped onto a very nice and active reef with some current. I played alot of sports in high school and am used to just working hard to get the job done and I allowed my self to get over exerted and short of breath. This was a very scary experience but Juan Carlos was absolutely fantastic. I knew I had to keep the regulator in my mouth but wanted to get to the surface ASAP. Juan Carlos kept me calm and helped me get to the surface safely.

After this we got back on the boat and Juan Carlos encouraged me to go back in the water. After changing out our tanks we were sitting on the side of the boat and ready to roll of the side and back in the water. Right at that moment I was not sure that I wanted to do it. But we all got back down to the reef without incident and Juan Carlos really helped me work on my breathing and staying calm, relaxed and within my limits. The 3rd and 4th dives were truly magnificent with tons of marine life including a huge turtle and a mated pair of lion fish. I was able to complete all my skills and regain my comfort level under the water.

I truly believe this was a good thing, it has helped me understand the importance of remaining in my limits and the importance of proper breathing. Most importantly I am glad I was with Juan Carlos for this experience. Most dive shops and dive masters can take you to good dive sites and get you in the water, but what is important is how the professional responds when there is a problem regardless of how minor. I truly believe that Juan Carlos is a big part of why my experience became a learning opportunity and not the end of my diving career. I cannot recommend Juan Carlos and his team highly enough!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am so happy that I had the good fortune to have my first ocean dives with Juan Carlos. I was certified, but only in quarries and rivers. He was great at explaining what to expect, giving tips about the current and moving with it, and pointing out things to see. We saw an ENORMOUS sea turtle that he said must be 50-60 years old! It was a huge highlight for a first ocean dive. The captain and first mate of the boat were both wonderful--they were extremely helpful and kind. Ramon, the first mate, was a very funny guy and took great care to get equipment ready and help you get set before the dives.

Aside from safety first, the other best part was that Juan Carlos takes lots of photos! It is great to have memories of the dives without having to have a camera in front of my own mask the whole time.

I would highly recommend Cancun Scuba Center for any level diver. Juan Carlos is patient and good at explaining things to novices, but has plenty of experience for those who have been diving for years. I will definitely be back--I'm hooked!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Juan was amazing. He got us from our hotel, he dove with my husband. I had Ramon who took me snorkeling. It was great, just the 4 of us, got there early so no crowds.

Beware of mosquitos here.

Incredibly professional, very friendly. Felt comfortable and happy the entire time. Plus the sandwhiches were amazing!! Try the spicy peppers :)

The BEST experience we had in Cancun, and that says a lot because our entire week trip was amazing...

Juan Carlos G, Propietario at Cancun Scuba Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thanks for your review, it really makes us feel good that you guys enjoy your dive- snorkel trip.
Looking forward to do it again.