“The highlight of our Cancun trip”

Cancun Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Scuba Center operated by owner, Juan Carlos Garrido, with 20 years of experience, we'll make sure you'll have great dives an unforgettable experience with fully personalized attention and professional service. Specialized in Padi Courses to all levels, small groups for certified divers. We also offer the amazing dives to the cenotes (cavern diving).
Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our Cancun trip”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I, my wife and my daughter went snorkeling at the Cenotes with Cancun Scuba Center. It is a blast ! The owner Juan Carlos is a very attentive person. He has run the business for more than 20 years. You won't be wrong going with this company and his price for the service he provided is a big bargain. You don't feel being ripped off or nickeled and dimmed like other big tour companies that come with big advertising.

Juan picked us up at 7 in the morning in the hotel. with his air-airconditioned van to beat the crowd. The trip to Dos Ojos took us a few hours, but we did not even feel the distance when Juan with us It was like having your old friend bringing you to a snorkeling tour while visiting him. On the way to Dos Jos, Juan picked us our lunch and drinks. You can request chicken or ham baguette, soda, coffee, tea, name it, he will treat you like a royalty. We order chicken baguette and it was yummy.

When we arrived in Dos Ojos, there were not many peoples there yet, it turned out the crowd came later in the afternoon when we went back. Juan prepared all the snorkeling gears for us and carried them down to the canotes while we just walked carrying nothing in our hands.

My wife was a little nervous about the idea of snorkling in the Canotes, but Juan gave her a personal attention and patiently showed her how to float on the water. He made sure that she feel safe. The water was clear and the few was amazing. My daughter took a video under the water and Juan took hundred of pictures of us while snorkeling. He did not charge us for the photos while I heard other tour companies charge you big time for this service.

I highly recommended this company for snorkeling in Canotes. It is the highlight of our trip to Cancun.

Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best Dive company in Cancun-Cancun Scuba Center”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Juan Carlos at Cancun Scuba Center is the best dive company to see Dos Ojos (and dive anywhere else for that matter).

There are a lot of dive companies to choose from in Cancun. Most of them treat you like cattle putting you on large buses to get around and then cramming dozens of divers on big boats with no personal attention at all.
Juan Carlos at Cancun Scuba Center is completely different and will treat you like royalty, literally. He would not let me carry anything and made sure everything was perfect for all our dives. First off, he only takes small groups out, maybe a maximum of 4-6 divers total, but for our trip to Dos Ojos it was only 3 divers and at sea it was just my wife and myself.

I choose Juan Carlos for this reason, my wife was a little nervous diving in Dos Ojos and I wanted personal attention. Well, Juan Carlos knowing this, made sure he was leading her through the entire system, never was out of arms reach, which made the two us able to enjoy the dive better. He knew how to get us the best dives; he picked us up early at our hotel in a nice van with air conditioning. He got us to Dos Ojos first so we would have it all to ourselves. He ordered us food for lunch. He speaks perfect English and shares great information about Cancun well beyond diving.

Now it’s an hour drive from the hotels to Dos Ojos, but you would never know it driving with Juan Carlos. It was like having a personal tour guide, he explained all the sites we saw and how the dive would take place. He put us at ease and entertained us the entire trip. He knows all the ins and outs of diving there and I am sure he will show you things you won’t see with the other shops that cater to the masses. We got in early and had a great dive in both “Eyes.” We had such a great time that we also went out to the reefs the next day. The current was strong and he literally held my wife’s elbow the entire dive and pulled her along so she would not have to work. He spotted fish in all the hiding spots and we saw lion fish, eels, stonefish, puffers, etc. And to top it all of he brought his underwater camera and took over 120 shots of us under water and gave them all to us for FREE! And again, I was not allowed to carry my stuff, he carried everything and worked extremely hard to make sure we had the best time.

To top it off he is the most polite, funny and well natured person you could have the pleasure of diving with. You can trust and relax when you are with him. He was willing to take us wherever we wanted (within reason) you won’t get this kind of attention, care and flexibility from any of the so called big dive shops that all the hotels try and steer you to. Some have similar names, so don’t be fooled. So if you are in Cancun and want to have a great diving experience go out of your way to find Juan Carlos at Cancun Scuba Center. I wrote this lengthy review because the bigger shops get help from the hotels and pay for advertising. Juan Carlos being a smaller shop relies on the quality of the experience you have diving with him. Many of his divers are repeat diver and I felt I owed it everyone to make sure that his service is made well known so he can benefit and other divers can enjoy his expertise and professionalism. And that is from one real diver to others.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank jjustinia11
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience all around!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visiting Cancun for business from California with only a limited free time, Juan Carlos made the trip for my colleagues and me a memorable one. The whole process was very smooth and professional from the beginning, and the price was very reasonable. Even before I arrived, he was responsive to my emails answering questions and made me feel very comfortable setting up the dive trip. Once we were at the Cancun Scuba Center the process was quick and easy and the service was fantastic. Not the usual “cattle call” you might experience with other dive outfits in touristy locations. During the dive Juan Carlos was a great guide, knowing the reefs like the back of his hand, he was able to provide an awesome experience. At the end of our sales conference we had a spare few hours and Juan Carlos was flexible and willing to accommodate six of us on very short notice. Truly exceeded all our expectations – would recommend him to anyone and will definitely come back!

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dos Ojos - not to be missed!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

First of all, diving a cenote is an incredible experience - as close to actual cave diving as possible while still being safe. An absolute must-do experience for any divers out there.

Dos Ojos is an incredible dive with 2 distinct circuits to make the most of your two dives. It was very surreal to walk to a cave in the jungle with so much hidden diving below.

If you're going to dive in Cancun or the cenotes - Juan Carlos is your man. He is super responsive and accommodating for booking and a genuinely awesome guy. He made sure we were the first at the site (which was a HUGE advantage). Everyone who arrived after us was stuck in a 20-person long single-file line. Our small group was out ahead of everyone and got to see the caverns without the crowd.

The gear was in great shape and transportation was included (for the Cenote diving). I can't say enough great things about Juan and his team - he was beyond genuine and I felt very safe diving with him. Don't miss out on this opportunity!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Christopher D
Juan Carlos G, Propietario at Cancun Scuba Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hola
I agree with you Dos Ojos is a must .
Thank you for diving with us and hopefully we´ll do it again in the future
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT, BRILLIANT, EXCEPTIONAL experience!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

What an amazing part of our holiday!! Juan was a fantastic instructor, passionate, patient and most of all safe! Juan accommodated our request perfectly as I am a Rescue Diver and my girlfriend was doing her open water. 1-2-1 tuition worked perfectly for us as we needed flexibility in our schedule and Juan more than accommodated this – nothing was too much trouble. The course was competitively priced however what made this a really memorable experience was the time that Jouan spent making sure that my girlfriend was comfortable with her mask (and made her completely dispel this fear – both in the pool and the Ocean). The Oceanic dives were great too! We saw turtle, rays, sea snakes and Barracuda and Juan did a fantastic job of capturing the whole thing on film! We left Mexico with a new found passion for diving and when we come back, we’ll certainly be contacting Juan!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jackbrob22
Tnank you for choosing us as your dive operator, glad you enjoy your dives, I can still see you
guys having lunch out of our Scuba Schack, keep on diving.