“Cenote diving...and more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cancun Scuba Center

Cancun Scuba Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Scuba Center operated by owner, Juan Carlos Garrido, with 20 years of experience, we'll make sure you'll have great dives an unforgettable experience with fully personalized attention and professional service. Specialized in Padi Courses to all levels, small groups for certified divers. We also offer the amazing dives to the cenotes (cavern diving).
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Cenote diving...and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We did 2 days of cenote diving with Juan Carlos, enjoying Dos Ojos so much we booked another day, diving Chikin-Ha. Unfortunately due to ear problems we could not do our second dive that day. Instead of returning to the hotel early we were treated to a tour of a beautiful local beach and two towns with an entertaining and informative commentary. Juan Carlos is a consummate professional who stresses safety but is also a personable and charming gentleman whose company was a pleasure. We were treated to delicious sandwiches at lunch and water and soft drinks were also available. He was never rushed either above or below the water and our dives were leisurely and extensive. We never felt any time pressure and thoroughly enjoyed both days. Booking dives with Juan Carlos is a guaranteed great experience.

2 Thank Paul L

Medford, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Certification Dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My brother, dad, and I completed our certification dives with Juan Carlos. He walked us through all of our skills with patience and encouraged us to become better divers by constantly stressing buoyancy control. He ensured that our four dives was varied and exciting. He took us to beautiful reefs and pointed out the highlights, which included: Moray eels, a fish in the tuna family, lion fish, and giant puffer fish. So glad that we got certified through him!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TravelerAlexa
Brawley, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cancun Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I enjoyed a two tank dive with Juan Carlos Garrido from Cancun Scuba Center. Juan Carlos is very friendly, provided personal attention to assure good diving. Currents in the ocean at Cancun were above normal two days after hurricane Ernesto passed. Juan Carlos prepared an excellent plan to ensure comfort and safety of the divers.

Scuba Center Cancun is a little difficult to find; to get there, take the Cancun bus to Playa Tortuga, walk through the terminal and out onto the beach. Turn west on the sand beach at the volley ball court and you are there.

The personal attention provided by Juan Carlos was the highlight of diving with Scuba Center Cancun.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Craig P
Naperville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Scuba diving trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My son & I went down to Cancun to scuba dive and see other attractions. I had let Juan Carlos know that, although certified, we would need a refresher.

He efficiently reiterated all the safety precautions for Scuba diving and had us practice in a pool.

From there, they took us out to the dive site, and in addition to leading us through the dive sites and pointing out things to see, he continued to point out things that would make us better divers:
- Proper way to enter the water
- Proper way to breath to maximize oxygen consumption.
- ways to increase buoyancy control.
- Ensure we were safe to surface
- Ensure we passed equipment up in the correct order.
- Etc.

The captain of the boat was efficient and always near us when we surfaced. And in addition, everyone was easy and fun to talk to.

All in all, both my Son and I really enjoyed this trip and felt safe at the same time. I would dive with them again.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kevin R
Key West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Juan Carlos made our dive the highlight of our week. A true gentelman. His class was easy to understand well taught and fun. When I come back this will be the first thing I do. My hats off to you my friend. Good luck in the future and hope to see you again.

Visited July 2012