“Loved this!!”

Chichen Itza With Jerry
Ranked #19 of 325 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine arriving in an unfamiliar country and having a “friend”your personal local contact to meet you and show you the best way to spend your time. Expert guided services to Yucatán, Riviera Maya, Cancun & the entire Mayan region; Calakmul – Uxmal – Edzna – Chichen Itza – Tulum – Coba – Ek Balam – Chicanna – Chacchoben – Muyil – Kabah – Becan – Sayil – Kohunlich – Labna – Izamal – Tihosuco – Campeche – Valladolid - Merida - Caves of Loltun – Sian Kaan – Celestun - Ria Lagartos - The Cave of the Hanging Snakes - underworld of cenotes – Bacalar.
Du Bois, Pennsylvania, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Loved this!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our group of 4 had the best tour with Jerry. He is so knowledgeable and kept our interest with all the history and geography of the area. We just did the day tour which was more than enough. The cenote was beautiful, lunch was awesome and never did he make you feel you had to purchase the local crafts. Definitely a memorable tour. Muy Bien! Thanks Jerry!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Denise M

• Korean first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Day with Sylvia”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As promised, Sylvia and driver were at our resort 7:15am prompt. Twelve in our group went. Transportation was excellent and trip was under 3hrs to Chichen Itza. Sylvia was wonderful filling in our group about the Yucatan peninsula - people, culture, geography. The visit to the Mayan ruins was very good - a lot to see and could go in a number of different directions, but we were very happy to beat the rush of the large tour buses! Next stop was lunch at a wonderful buffet and swimming in the Cenote was a highlight for the group - very refreshing! We stopped at an authentic 16th century spanish area in Valladolid that was fun. Very heavy on the shopping sites at the Mayan ruins site and in the city of Valladolid so bring cash and carry bags! We ran into Jerry at Chichen Itza and he is a wonderful person - great trip that really provides good insight and beats the rush! We were back to our resort just after 5pm as promised.

4 Thank Mwcarroll3
Greer, South Carolina
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“An educational and cultural experience!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Traveled with Jerry January 2013. We had a great time learning about Chichen Itza and the Mayan World. Everything you read in Trip Advisor is correct! Jerry is expensive but well worth it! He picked us up on time and immediately started telling us the history of Cancun and how it came to be. Very interesting! We didn't feel like we were in the car for 2.5 hours! Chichen Itza was fascinating- we met someone who had taken a bus tour of C.I. and wasn't impressed- don't know how they weren't! Wish we would be at C.I. to see Kulkokan slither into the ground.. The Mayans were quite an interesting people! .Went to the Cenote to swim and eat lunch ( we decided not to swim) but what a beautiful spot! made two more stops on the way back that were interesting too! Travel with Jerry and you will learn alot!

3 Thank Travelers0205
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time with Jerry”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I took a trip with Jerry to Chichen Itza, Cenote Il Kil, and Valladolid from Cancun. It was a long day but well worth the time invested. Jerry and driver Umberto picked us up at 7 on a Sunday morning. The drive there was about 2.25 hours (we didn't need to make a stops) and we talked the whole way about the forces that shaped the region: geography, migration, culture, external factors. By the time we arrived we had a pretty good understanding of the backdrop for what we would be seeing. We were dropped off at the main entrance by Umberto and Jerry quickly got us inside the main area.

We were among the first persons there and vendors were just starting to unpack their goods. Maybe we were lucky but it never was overly crowded while we were there in the morning. As we were leaving around noon there was quite a line at the entrance. Also I was concerned about the heat but it really was no problem that day. Temp was probably mid 80's and it was very breezy. Coming earlier in the day provided some shady spots for us to stand or sit and talk.

The site is wonderful and I would rate it as a must see. Jerry did the tour for us and he certainly had a wealth of information about the site. We did have the option of tailoring what we wanted to see but pretty much stuck with Jerry's plan.

Afterwards Umberto picked us up at the entrance in the van and gave us cold water and a cold towel which felt great. We took a short ride to El Kil. Again one of the first people there. We both planned on jumping in to the cenote but my wife had twisted her knee the day before and didn't want to navigate the 50 stone steps down to the cenote. I went on my own and it was a wonderful experience. Looking up at the sky from the bottom of the cenote with tree roots lining the walls was pretty incredible. Water was cool but not too cold. Buffet Lunch there was good but fairly "touristized". We did leave our wallet in the van and when we got to the changing room we didn't have any money to pay for the locker (you dont need a locker but we didn't just want to leave our bag out in the open). So I found Jerry and he lent me the pesos I needed for the fee. So you should remember to bring some with you. Dont need them for lunch as Jerry took care of all that.

We stopped in Valladolid and toured the plaza. there was some entertainment near the plaza as it was Sunday and we visited several shops as we were looking for a certain child's dress. Jerry helped us with the shopping and then we stopped for a delicious ice cream before heading back for the 2 hour ride home.

We were dropped off at 5 at the hotel as promised. We were able to stretch out in the comfortable van and my wife nodded off a bit while Jerry and I continued to talk.

All in all a very enjoyable day. If you can do a private small group tour I highly recommend it with Jerry. From reading these posts you know what you will be getting. Reservation process with Jorge was also smooth and easy.

6 Thank abc2media
Atlanta
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Ek Balam and a cenote”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Sylvia took my family to Ek Balam and then swimming in a cenote, and we had a fantastic time. What a lovely lady with whom to spend most of our day! We were picked up at 7 a.m. for the two-hour ride to Ek Balam. What a beautiful, special historical site. I am eager to return in 10 years or so as the country continues to uncover these historical monuments of the Mayan people. So special. We received a personal tour with Sylvia, who knew so much about the history. We then rode about 25 minutes to a relatively new cenote area, an underground well where we were able to swim. Gorgeous and so refreshing -- even in December. We also enjoyed a buffet lunch here. I highly recommend this activity to all who want to take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about this special place.

Visited December 2012