“Nice guy, knew his stuff !!”

Chichen Itza With Jerry
Ranked #23 of 332 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine arriving in an unfamiliar country and having a “friend”your personal local contact to meet you and show you the best way to spend your time. Expert guided services to Yucatán, Riviera Maya, Cancun & the entire Mayan region; Calakmul – Uxmal – Edzna – Chichen Itza – Tulum – Coba – Ek Balam – Chicanna – Chacchoben – Muyil – Kabah – Becan – Sayil – Kohunlich – Labna – Izamal – Tihosuco – Campeche – Valladolid - Merida - Caves of Loltun – Sian Kaan – Celestun - Ria Lagartos - The Cave of the Hanging Snakes - underworld of cenotes – Bacalar.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice guy, picked us up in a clean bus and had a driver so he could talk to us about what we were seeing. I had been to a couple of cenotes ( deep in ground swimming holes ) but Jerry took us to the most extravagent over the top place I had seen. It was super clean and well maintained . It was a wonderful location with a clean large shop and a really nice buffet restaurant. American style clean and organized. Blew me away. Loved swimming there. The tour of the temples was amazing also. Jerry gets on a roll and does'nt like to be interrupted. He does'nt say any thing but you can tell. Worth the money and glad we went.

3  Thank Loriegirl
There are newer reviews for Chichen Itza With Jerry

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Gerardo "Jerry" Ham guided my mother (76), who is an anthropologist, my wife (40), my two kids (9 and 8) and me (47) through Chichen Itza. He was able to keep everybody focused for five hours, despite the wide spectrum of the audience. He answered every question with precision, patience and passion. He not only has a vast knowledge of the history of his country, but he loves to explain complex things with simple down to earth language. I took several days to find the right tour guide and I have to say that I nailed it: we understood how astrology, agriculture, architecture, sport and religion intertwine in Chichen Itza and in the Maya culture in a unique and wonderful fashion thanks to Gerardo "Jerry" Ham. TripAdvisor is right, he is the best!

3  Thank Rodolfo A
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We loved the Chichen Itza tour! The only thing that we didn't like was the place you stop at for lunch, does not include drinks in the price you paid for the tour, which I think is silly. Bring extra waters with you so you don't have to pay!

1  Thank Savannah C
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family (nine year old son, spouse and myself) booked a day trip to Ek Balam, Valladolid and a cenote on November 29, 2012. The entire experience was absolutely fantastic.

Booking through Jorge (Gerardo's assistant) was quick and effortless. The information he provided to us upon confirmation was detailed and complete.

On the day of the tour, Gerardo and Umberto (his driver) arrived a few minutes earlier than scheduled at the resort and greeted us warmly. The van was air conditioned, in good condition and spacious enough to comfortably accommodate eight people.

On the way to our first stop, Gerardo used most of the time in the van to enlighten us with varied and interesting information on the Mayan people, the area, the geography, local fauna and flora, etc. Gerardo is a true professional and very well-versed in all facets of the region. He is also very friendly, attentive, speaks excellent English and is knowledgeable of the practices of other touring companies which allows his clients to often be ahead of the crowds.

It was a stress-free experience as Gerardo took care of all the details at the various activities we took part in and guided us faultlessly throughout the day. The schedule he had planned allowed us to continually be ahead of the bigger tours. And although he did not mention anything to us, I'm positive that he used his personal connections to squeeze us ahead of a large group at a cenote we were about to rappel. (Gracias Jerry!)

During our excursion, he kept us on schedule while not making us feel rushed or hurried. Gerardo was there at every turn for us, even intervening once as I was approached rather directly by a fellow for taking a photograph of a building. He was able to smooth things over and we continued on our journey.

Exceptional! Not just a wonderful guide, but a very special man.

Thank you for everything Gerardo.

5  Thank cyqmatc
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thanks Trip Advisor reviewers for the advice on going to Chichen Itza with Jerry. We took that advice and it was everything we were expecting.
We had a brilliant day out, Jerry was a font of Myan knowledge and made the day very memorable for us all.

1  Thank Riomac5