“Worth to taste it” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Oasis Mariscos

El Oasis Mariscos
Ranked #137 of 939 Restaurants in Cancun
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: En Oasis Cancun y Playa nuestra orientacion al servicio, variedad, calidad y frescura de los pescados y mariscos es unica. Lo mejor del Caribe Mexicano.
“Worth to taste it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Food is good and the atmosphere is also very good. I loved nacho box .

9 Thank Eunhee Y

ND
“great food reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The grilled shrimp was excellent. A meal and a great value in Cancun. We would go back if we were here longer

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Kohl0002
Winnipeg
“we are going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Sometimes the best restaurants are the one you just find. We were looking for Costco and when we left all we were looking for was a spot to sit and have beer. They did not cater to tourist. For a while we were the only NON-Mexicans in the restaurants. I glanced at the menu and said wow. I orders something simple ( Fish Tacos) and said WOW. Just then an American couple sat at the next table and greeted warmly. A platter of FRESH was presented to them and they were asked to pick what was going to be cooked and served to them.

we made one mistake and went back in the evening the next day. Sadly they closed at 7PM

we are going back NEXT year..I dying to order seafood from a platter....

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank yrret02
New London, Wisconsin
“Awesome Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my favorite seafood restaurant in Cancun. I try something different every time I go and haven't found anything that isn't totally amazing. It is a bit difficult to get to (don't let the taxi take you to the Oasis Hotel), but worth the effort. Ask for Houdini, he will make your hunger disappear in no time. Go early, this is a local favorite, but the kitchen closes at 7:00. Ask about their special drinks.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank don74hd
los angeles
“Fast becoming my favorite restaurant in Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Reading the recommendations on this site and since I was staying downtown, I decided to try this place out. Very glad I did.

I went there two days on my stay. The first time, I had an English speaking waiter who helped me decide what to try.

First, had the capifruita ( sp ). This was a wonderful drink. The best way I can explain it, it's like an orange julius but instead of oranges, it had stawberries and pinapple in it with crushed ice and some other thing that I can't remember what it was. Very refreshing. It was so good I had two of them.

I don't drink alcohol so this was perfect for me. They do make this drink with alcohol for those that drink.

Now for the food. I had a shrimp taco to start. Very good. The shrimp is lightly breaded and cooked just right. For the main course, I had the paella. It was so good but I couldn't finish it. I was so full, I didn't have room for dessert.

The second time I went there, the English speaking waiter wasn't there, but the guy who waited on me was very helpful.

Again started with the capifruita. I wanted a light meal for the food I ordered the shrimp cocktail and two fish tacos.

The fish tacos were okay, the shrimp tacos for me were much better.

The shrimp cocktail was awesome! I was expecting the water-down sauce most Mexican restaurants near me use, which is okay, but I like the American cocktail sauce better.

Well, this one was a cross between the two. The result, heaven of a dish. I got the medium, next time I get the large.

Almost forgot, when you first sit down, they bring you chips and three kinds of salsas. Watch out, the green one is very hot. It kind of cracked me up because when the waiter brought me my shrimp cocktail, he asked me if I wanted a hotter salsa. No thanks.

• Visited November 2013