“TY COZ...NOT MY FAVORITE SANDWICH ANYMORE”
Review of Ty-Coz Cafe

Ty-Coz Cafe
Ranked #391 of 977 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Fast Food
New York City
“TY COZ...NOT MY FAVORITE SANDWICH ANYMORE”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I must say since traveling to Cancun for the last five years and eating at all of their locations in Cancun I was very disappointed this year at their new location located directly across the street from Plaza La Fiesta. I feel the other location was much better suited for the customers. ie table, parking and much more relaxed atmosphere. The new location has neither, with the exception of the small round tables in which you stand around. There is zero chance of finding parking, which forces you to park in the municipal lot for a fee. Then good luck dodging traffic to get there. But most of all I found the food this time sub par compare to the other previous years. I am hoping it was just an off day for that particular crew on the day our group visited. Needless to say I didn't bother to repaet our business the rest of our stay.

• Visited July 2012

“Great sandwiches!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

It's hard to find a good sandwich in cancun but then we found Ty-coz. Great prices and will fill you up.

• Visited February 2012
cancun
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,058 helpful votes
“Still The Best Place For French Bread Baguettes In Cancun!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have been recommending The Ty-Coz Cafe since at least 1997! In the hotel zone they are located on Kukulcan Blvd at Kilometer 7.9. It is at the end of a small strip mall. Ty-Coz is open daily from 7:00-AM to 6:30-PM. This location is mainly for take out orders but they do have a few tables outside., Most times you will see locals and tourists lined up(I'm not kidding!) since their most popular sandwich(baguette/torta) called "AN ECONOMIC" is only $15-Pesos. Working in tourism here in Cancun I would always recommend the Ty-Coz Cafe as a way to keep my credibility with new customers! It usually worked! They offer many varieties of baguettes including a vegitarian baguette. They have different coffees and sodas. They have opened several other small places in the area. Some are on the highway heading to the airport. Some next to the PEMEX GAS STATIONS. Pemex is the only gas company in Mexico. There is a larger and air conditioned Ty-Coz in Downtown/Centro Cancun. It is on Avenue Tulum just past the Uxmal Avenue Traffic Circle. It is in a small shopping mall just across from the large white structure:Comerical Mexicana Super Market. This Ty-Coz is opened from 9:00-AM to 10:00-PM. It has a slightly larger menu but also offers the $15-Pesos Economic Baguette. The owner Phillpe is originally from Brittiny in France. If you mention Charlie Drew recommended his place he will always respond:"Is he still alive?" I am lucky to be listed here on Trip Advisor as a place offering tours,etc. (Charlie Drew Tours and Activities) My website is at:www.charliedrewcancun.com END OF SELF PROMOTION! I feel that especially in these difficult economic times good values are much more important. Ty-Coz is a great example of this in my opinion.

• Visited August 2011