“Unique and interesting expeience.”
Review of Fish Spa Mexico

Fish Spa Mexico
Ranked #2 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Fish Spa Mexico launched a pioneering treatment in the therapeutic and wellness world, being one of the healthiest trends of the moment. Using authentic Garra Rufa fish, also known as "Doctor Fish". These tropical fish from Turkey feed on dead skin cells.You can experience the innovative "Fish Spa Pedicure", exfoliation, biological natural dermabrasion provided by the fish spa, having a great time. Garra Rufa Fish gently suctions dead cells from the outer layer of skin without touching the inner layers. At the same time, they produced micro suction massage which activates blood circulation and facilitates the regeneration of healthy skin. The dead skin is removed and the new layers of skin are more glossy, smooth and healthy. Feet:Submerged in a pond with a comfortable armchair with approximately 150 fish per person, at least 30 minutes recommended time.
Key West, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Unique and interesting expeience.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I paid $15 USD for 15 minutes. You rinse off your feet and put them in a small tank with these fish. The fish are small and apparebtly have no teeth but I think they have ridges in their mouth that are meant to scrape algae. They cannot break skin but for me, it was very ticklish. Imagine a much smaller version of puppy kisses but all over your feet. You try not to squirm! Lol. I did it because I have a fear of oceanic life and this certainly helped. My friend said his feet fwlt smoother after and I was also thinking the same thing. Careful not to squish the fish when your feet are in the tank. This was a very unique experience so I'm glad I did it!

2 Thank Acquiescence80

Pelham, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“soooo relaxing for a rainy day in Cancun”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for something to do on a rainy day at our resort. We decided to visit the "fish doctor" at the Royal Sands Spa . I have to admit it was alittle weird at first but as you became accustomed to the small carp "sucking" on your feet and legs it was relaxing.. The treatment last about 1/2 hour and comes with a mini pedicure ( foot and leg wash and massage)..The price was right 35.00/ pp plus tip!!! We were also able to use the spa the rest of the day which was WONDERFUL!!!!!!

3 Thank jodi b
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing Experience”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I heard of this type of experience from a friend and was sceptic at first. I have to say, it was an amazing experience. My daughter, my wife and myself all agree that this is a must. You have to try it, and once you do, you will be hooked.

2 Thank Alvin B
Yelm, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“VERY NICE EXPERIENCE!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was a wonderful experience. I heard of this last time I visited Cancun lastyear but this time I finally decided to do it. I had the fullbody tratement at the spa and it was incredible. I highly recomend this activitie in Cancun.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lot of Fun”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

its just fun. Actually, you can find those fishes in south american tropical rivers and get the fancy treatment for free.... but, paying for that makes it sound more fun !

Visited July 2012