“Amazing!”

Fish Spa Mexico
Ranked #2 of 53 Spas & Wellness in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Fish Spa Mexico launched a pioneering treatment in the therapeutic and wellness world, being one of the healthiest trends of the moment. Using authentic Garra Rufa fish, also known as "Doctor Fish". These tropical fish from Turkey feed on dead skin cells.You can experience the innovative "Fish Spa Pedicure", exfoliation, biological natural dermabrasion provided by the fish spa, having a great time. Garra Rufa Fish gently suctions dead cells from the outer layer of skin without touching the inner layers. At the same time, they produced micro suction massage which activates blood circulation and facilitates the regeneration of healthy skin. The dead skin is removed and the new layers of skin are more glossy, smooth and healthy. Feet:Submerged in a pond with a comfortable armchair with approximately 150 fish per person, at least 30 minutes recommended time.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wow! it was a interesting feeling. It felt like you were being tickeled all over. We did it as a couple!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Overall, this was a great activity. Obvisoulsly this is not your typical cancun activity but was nice and a little different. Just to confirm and dispell some other reviews:

I dont believe the fish die: They seem to take qood care of them and make you shower before you enter the water etc. The fish are actually quite expensive so they do what they can to keep them healthy. That being said, they do take advantage of the fish so if this type of thing bothers you, dont go.

Location: The main location is quite far from the hotel zone...maybe 30 minutes depending on your hotel. I drove there however and its difficult to find however they will pick you up. Someone else said they charge morel however I was told they dont charge additional. There are several locations around the cancun at hotels and aquaworld however the main / principal location is the best and well worth it - very quiet and in a relaxed atmosphere as opposed to a mall setting.

The Service: I was very hesitant to try this however was pleasantly surprised. It did take a few minutes to get used it.. I laughed a lot at first however was never in pain, uncomftable or anything like that. We did the full body which I would highly not recomend. I have noticed a signifcant difference in my skin but the process was probably the most relaxing thing I have done - including normal massages.

Summary: Definitely go to the main location off MX307 and get the full body treatment.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

we did the foot spa and wow..great pedicure. something everyone should try atleast 1 time. tickling subsides after about 30 seconds.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Treat yourself to this amazing experience!! What a unique experience. I surprised my wife with this and she loved it! I've heard they have several locations as well and the price is more than fair! Again, if you are in the Cancun area, I would highly recommend this.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Firstly, the spa is located very far from the Hotel Zone, and transportation is provided for an additional fee. With that being said, the experience exceeded all our expectations. My husband was adventurous and got into the pool with the fish; i was a bit more reserved and only put my feet in....boy did i wish I had packed my bathing suit and gotten in with him!! Its a tingly sensation as they nibble away - but becomes so comfortable that at one point I actually dozed off. Very, very impressed and loved it!!

1  Thank Dionne B B