“Girls Vacay”
Review of The Pirates Tavern - CLOSED

The Pirates Tavern
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Ahoy! Ye have Piratitude? Ye be warned: All hope Abandon ye who joins this group! Discover the best kept secret: The Pirates Tavern located in Cancun, Mexico, It's the favorite watering hole for locals and tourists alike!!outdoor ocean view dining!
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We checked trip advisor for restaurants that were within walking distance of our hotel (Oasis Palm) in Cancun. The first one up was The Pirates Tavern - it was literally a hop, skip and jump away. My gal pal and I decided to check it out one night.
We walked over and it could be the smallest restaurant/bar I've ever seen. There was a bar and 8 tables, all outside. 3 of the tables are under their own little tiki huts...it was adorable. There were only 4 other people there which made wonder why if it had such great reviews on trip advisor.
We went up to the bartender (the only person working) and asked for our drinks. From here it got amazing. He was the NICEST man. Huge smile, very inviting, amazing chuckle. Every time he left our table my friend and I would turn to each other and say "I LOOOVE HIM".
The drinks were awesome, the food was amazing! We had chips and some of the best guacamole I have tasted. Fish tacos to die for and fish and chips...equally delicious! He came over and brought us home-made mango sauce - you have to get this! He told us some stories and made us laugh.
He constantly checked on our table to make sure we had everything we needed but never interrupted our conversation.
I am so happy we decided to check this little wonder out. It is right on the ocean and you have a wonderfully refreshing breeze.
We went back 3 nights in a row. He remembered us right away. I will be back to this little gem the next time I am in cancun! Thank you Pirates Tavern for a few wonderful evenings.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This restaurant was close to our hotel, so we enjoyed the short walk there for 2 meals! It was clean, the food was good and the view was amazing. Guacamole was yummy too! Great place to enjoy a casual meal :)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Nice place to sit and have a drink while you wait on the ferry to Isla Mujeres. They also have wifi so you can spend some time there ir your hotel *cofcofbarcelocofcof* doesnt have wifi.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant little bar looking out to the see, free WiFi too instead of paying expensive hotel tariffs

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great Little bar, (Not on the all inclusive but they do free wifi and the drinks are cheap. and you get to watch the Pirate ship coming in