“It's not that far from the hotel area”
Review of I Famosi Pasta

I Famosi Pasta
Ranked #195 of 1,048 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: I Famosi Pasta is a nice, small familiar restaurant located in Cancun downtown, really easy to reach from the hotel zone, just crossing the road from the famous Mall plaza las Americas. We offer a wide Italian menu, which includes more than 30 different types of pastas and pizzas ( really thin dow, milano style), delucious starters , carpaccios, tartares, salads, and much much more. Low prices, excelent food and service,100% italian style. English, Italian and Spanish speaking service.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were party of 4. We ordered different appetizers and we loved all of them specially the one it had different cheeses, ham and prosciutto. The main dishes were excellent, we tried the lasagna and it was one of the best lasganas ever. We took a taxi from our hotel (Westin) and it cost us 20 dollars to get there. It's about 15 minutes away from our hotel, which is the first hotel you encounter when you enter the hotel area from the airport. We decided to walk back to the nearest bus stop after dinner, but I don't suggest you to do that. I didn't feel scared at all, but it was pretty good walk. Only one suggestion to the owner, you need new comfortable chairs =).

2  Thank Federico J

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our honeymoon was seven days and six nights. We ended up coming to eat here three times. My husband loved the Honolulu Pizza because Mexican Pineapples are so delicious.

We haven't had a pasta here, but came back for a pizza every time. It is Milan-style (thin crust, and packs a lot of flavor). The servers provide great service as well! We ate the pizza with a house-made habenero sauce, tabasco, and worcestershire sauce.

The salads are also great. We order one for the two of us as an appetizer and could barely finish it. Simple, but great ingredients.

It's amazing that the price is so affordable! We love it here. It's intimate, not too busy. Quite a gem. Deserves a visit! Reminded me of Europe.

Also, if you like to digest your food with coffee, the Americano is good here as well.

Note: It opens at 2PM and closes at 11PM

1  Thank Joyce Y
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Food and service excellent in a chilled out restaurant. Good selection of wine and a great hostess who really cares about her customers. Venture out of the hotel zone and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We really enjoyed the dining experience here. What a great hostess, charming, the pasta and pizza were very good , more than enough. It happened to be our anniversary and we were treated to a delicious dessert.We recommend this charming cosy restuarant.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place is a lot less touristy than others and boy was it good.
I had Garlic Bread to start and Salad which we shared between 4 of us. It was delicious and very flavoursome.
I had pizza for mains and it was great, as good as many pizzas i have had in top pizza joints in the US.
For desert i had he chocolate cake and again it was terrific.

Venture away from the strip and head here