Review Highlights
Tour was pretty good, but our bus broke down

I booked the Chichen Itza Classic Public tour through USA Transfers and 24-hours before the tour... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2015
D H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Chichen Itza classic tour with Entertainment plus

We opted for the classic tour just for its convenience –transport, food and guide all included and... read more

Reviewed March 30, 2015
traveller1915
Boston, Massachusetts

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 18, 2014

Well I wasn't overly impressed with this tour. They pick you up at 7am and take you to a mall to wait for other people who are taking the same tour. The mall wasn't open and it would have been nice if there was a coffee stand or something. Once we left, around 8:30ish we stopped by a souvenir stand which in my opinion is a complete waste of time. The items were overpriced and I'm pretty sure the company got a kick back for taking us there. What upset me the most was the fact that they had plenty of souvenirs at Chichen Itza and we could have spent an extra 1/2 hour there instead of stopping beforehand. Our tour guide was okay but he mentioned something about having to speak English in HIS COUNTRY...really? Your a tour company catering to tourists, most of which don't speak Spanish so don't complain about having to translate. Lastly, the place we stopped for lunch wasn't very appetizing and I'm pretty sure they got a kick back from this place as well. Chichen Itza and Cenote were amazing and I would have loved to have spent more time there. I wouldn't use this company again.

1  Thank stomczak
Reviewed October 6, 2014 via mobile

What can I say..since the moment the bus picked us up I knew I had made a mistake in not getting a private tour instead. The bus was old and the air conditioning wasn't working properly. They pick you up at 7, take you to the mall to pick up your tickets then maybe around 9 am you're on your way to chichen. When I say the bus was bad I mean bad. My husband and I were dripping sweat the entire way to chichen itza. We stopped about two times on the way there. First was the cenote, which was amazing and the second was a marketplace with overpriced items that I think was a waste of time. When we finally arrived to chichen it was 3pm. It was very hot and I think the only thing that got us through the next two hours was our excitement. Chicken itza was beautiful-simply amazing. We had been traveling the whole day with two other busses from the same company. When we got back to our meeting place to go home they finally admitted that the air conditioning was broken on our bus and that the other two busses had empty seats available. Why they didn't offer the empty seats before is a mystery to me and quite frankly pissed me off. The ride back to our hotel was ok, the air conditioning was working thank god.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

I am still not sure how many stars to give to this tour (booked through USA transfers). As the other reviewers have mentioned, the tour does not start until 8.45 am no matter how early they pick you up. (They picked us up at 7 AM, just in time to make sure we miss the resort breakfast and then leave you with no other option than to purchase the breakfast at a restaurant in the mall where you are waiting for the tour bus), they waste some time in Mayan village, and they try to sell things to you. We were prepared for that. What we were not prepared for was that the tour guide will speak only and only Spanish even if they say he is bilingual. We were only 5 English speaking people on the entire bus and so he could not be bothered much about translating everything for us. So we literally had no idea what was going on the entire time. Moving on, the lunch buffet they served was the worst. Food selection was mediocre and they don't allow you to carry your own drinks. The only good thing about this trip was the English speaking guide they assigned to us at Chichen Itza. All the three stars I am giving are for him. He was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun. He made the entire 1.5 hr experience very enjoyable even in the hot sun. After a stop at the Cenote, they dropped us at our hotel at 8.30 pm. It was a long day.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We did the chitzen Itza tour with Vic. The price was half the price of all the other tours so I was a little worried. To my surprise they pulled up in a nice modern bus with great A/C! Vic was a great guide and kept the trip interesting. The trip was a whole day. And the pyramids were cool, and I think it was worth the day. Plus you get to see how the actual Mexican people live. Real interesting. Yes it is a tourist trap, but what in cancun isn't. Thanks Vic for a great, safe, reliable trip. -Nick and Ally from New York

2  Thank imfly55
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Interesting idea.. seeing pyramids. But too dang hot to enjoy. And overpriced for summertime. Winter may have been justified. Bus wasn't as comfy as it could have been with a better a/c.