Review Highlights
Tour was pretty good, but our bus broke down

I booked the Chichen Itza Classic Public tour through USA Transfers and 24-hours before the tour... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2015
D H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Chichen Itza classic tour with Entertainment plus

We opted for the classic tour just for its convenience –transport, food and guide all included and... read more

Reviewed March 30, 2015
traveller1915
Boston, Massachusetts

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 6, 2014 via mobile

What can I say..since the moment the bus picked us up I knew I had made a mistake in not getting a private tour instead. The bus was old and the air conditioning wasn't working properly. They pick you up at 7, take you to the mall to pick up your tickets then maybe around 9 am you're on your way to chichen. When I say the bus was bad I mean bad. My husband and I were dripping sweat the entire way to chichen itza. We stopped about two times on the way there. First was the cenote, which was amazing and the second was a marketplace with overpriced items that I think was a waste of time. When we finally arrived to chichen it was 3pm. It was very hot and I think the only thing that got us through the next two hours was our excitement. Chicken itza was beautiful-simply amazing. We had been traveling the whole day with two other busses from the same company. When we got back to our meeting place to go home they finally admitted that the air conditioning was broken on our bus and that the other two busses had empty seats available. Why they didn't offer the empty seats before is a mystery to me and quite frankly pissed me off. The ride back to our hotel was ok, the air conditioning was working thank god.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

I am still not sure how many stars to give to this tour (booked through USA transfers). As the other reviewers have mentioned, the tour does not start until 8.45 am no matter how early they pick you up. (They picked us up at 7 AM, just in time to make sure we miss the resort breakfast and then leave you with no other option than to purchase the breakfast at a restaurant in the mall where you are waiting for the tour bus), they waste some time in Mayan village, and they try to sell things to you. We were prepared for that. What we were not prepared for was that the tour guide will speak only and only Spanish even if they say he is bilingual. We were only 5 English speaking people on the entire bus and so he could not be bothered much about translating everything for us. So we literally had no idea what was going on the entire time. Moving on, the lunch buffet they served was the worst. Food selection was mediocre and they don't allow you to carry your own drinks. The only good thing about this trip was the English speaking guide they assigned to us at Chichen Itza. All the three stars I am giving are for him. He was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun. He made the entire 1.5 hr experience very enjoyable even in the hot sun. After a stop at the Cenote, they dropped us at our hotel at 8.30 pm. It was a long day.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We did the chitzen Itza tour with Vic. The price was half the price of all the other tours so I was a little worried. To my surprise they pulled up in a nice modern bus with great A/C! Vic was a great guide and kept the trip interesting. The trip was a whole day. And the pyramids were cool, and I think it was worth the day. Plus you get to see how the actual Mexican people live. Real interesting. Yes it is a tourist trap, but what in cancun isn't. Thanks Vic for a great, safe, reliable trip. -Nick and Ally from New York

2  Thank imfly55
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Interesting idea.. seeing pyramids. But too dang hot to enjoy. And overpriced for summertime. Winter may have been justified. Bus wasn't as comfy as it could have been with a better a/c.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Booked through Entertainment Plus- totally regret this. Coming here and reading the negative reviews makes me feel better because now I know I was not alone in feeling scammed for my time and money. Sure, I ended up seeing Chichen Itza, but the entire day was a waste of time and I felt frequently pressured and obligated to give up more and more money.

We were picked up around 7am but probably didn't head out for at least another hour.
On the bus, the Tour Leader, talked the ENTIRE ride to Chichen Itza- he was definitely not bilingual and only spoke a few times in English. (I politely pretended to understand.) He passed around some stuff, setting us up to buy it at the Tourist Trap market he was about to drop us off in. The Tourist Trap market had EXORBITANT prices that I did not discover until I arrived at Chichen Itza. For instance, they were trying to sell little pyramids for $20 that went for $1 at Chichen Itza. (I admit I fell prey and spent $100 at the Tourist Trap market.) When you get off the bus at the Tourist Trap market, the Tour Leader tells you to take whatever piece of paper they were giving you and pretty much made you feel like you had to buy this engraved necklace that was going to cost a minimum of $45. He said essentially, "When they give you the paper- Take it" as if we would be rude or offending the Mayan culture if we did not. I took the paper and after a few minutes of building up the nerve, snuck to the Tourist Trap market, where I was yet again preyed upon. But not before "one of them" took my picture, which ended up on Tequila Bottle that they were later sell for $20. (I couldn't resist- I bought it. I actually don't regret that- makes for a funny story.)

After the Tourist Trap market is the Buffet Lunch. Before you get off the bus, you are told specifically to bring no WATER off the bus. I then realized why. Because you had to BUY any and all drinks, which was not included in the buffet. No real biggie, just a mention FYI.

After a LOOOOOOONG ride (which was extremely delayed), we finally get to Chichen Itza. The Tour Guide tells us that it is illegal to buy from the Mayan people selling inside Chichen Itza (because they didn't pay taxes). Didn't make much sense to me- they looked much more needy and much less sleazy, and much more authentic. What's more- their prices were CHEAP!!! It was at this moment, that I realized that the Tourist Trap market was a major rip-off, and in asking about prices in Chichen Itza, we would realize that. LAME!

The ride back was a bit quieter- thank goodness, and we did stop at a Cenote. It looked like nothing like things we saw online. Oh well.

After the Cenote, we were taken back to our hotels. They requested TIPS, and of course, I tipped well.

I got home exhausted; glad about seeing Chichen Itza, but regretting booking through Entertainment Plus, and really just wish I had taken a cab or taken a private tour.

3  Thank Satia79