Review Highlights
Tour was pretty good, but our bus broke down

I booked the Chichen Itza Classic Public tour through USA Transfers and 24-hours before the tour... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2015
D H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Chichen Itza classic tour with Entertainment plus

We opted for the classic tour just for its convenience –transport, food and guide all included and... read more

Reviewed March 30, 2015
traveller1915
Boston, Massachusetts

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We booked a trip to Chichen Itza via Entertainment plus.

We felt like the whole trip was organized by sales experts. From the minute the trip started, the sales began. We felt our first 4 hours were a total WASTE! We are taken to Kulculkan plaza to wait for everyone else and conveniently placed in front of a restaurant with the guys coming round to ask us if we want breakfast. Then we waited for another 1 hour. After we get onto the bus, our guide kept talking mostly in spanish, and then after the first 30 minutes, he started to "sale." He introduced his necklance and somehow tied it into Maya Culture, and state that we could all get our name engraved and custom made. He then talks about the volcano stone, and have everyone in the bus pass around (this whole thing took 40 minutes, a total waste of time). The bus then passed through Villadoid and stopping at a restaurant/shopping area combined. This is a tourist trap, exorbitant prices, but we were not hounded so it is fine. Lunch was at 11.30am! Up to this point, I felt a total waste and wanted to call a taxi and go back to my hotel. The drive is 2.5 hrs and so far I've wasted 4 hours listening to some idiot trying to sale stuff.

Side point: The above was NOT mentioned by entertainment plus. I had a GREAT experience with their airport transportation and went through to book this trip through them.

To give an example how outrageous the price is:
At this bus stop, the maya calendar were going for USD $80 and I got for $10 at Chichen. The Mexican hat was $35 and I got it for $5 at Chichen. Finally, the volcano stone that the tourist guide advertised in the bus ride was over $50, and it's $5 at chichen. And this list goes on and on... (Of course, don't forget the part where he asks you to fill out your name on the sheet of paper and start the engrave process).

After this we went on to Chichen and think we got there about 1:30pm so we were walking around in the middle of the heat. We had a tour guide which lasted around 35/40 minutes and then some time to walk around on our own. After this we went to Ik kil cenote and then after that we went back to our hotels. The cenote was only 40 minutes.

Now, let's think this through:
The drive is 2.5 hours. To me, the morning was a total waste as we could've got to Chichen around 10:30 (leaving at 7am). Then had plenty time at Chichen at Cenote and be back at Cancun by 6pm. Instead, we were not back until 8:30pm.

The main guy on taking us back, gives us the tipping speech... I gave a tip but it feels to me that this was what they were more concerned about for the whole trip, oh, along with trying to get as much sales for other things (mayan calendar, jewellery, tourist shop, picture on alcohol drink).

If I can do-it-over, book the private tour. Your valuable vacation time should not be wasted on this kind of "sale" tour.

3  Thank ER_DOC55
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We purchase our tickets thru Entertainment Plus. Price is good and the destination was awesome but we had a bad experience with our trip. The bus air conditioning was not working properly and we suffered from heat all the way to chichen itza. We had headaches during the trip due to the heat. We were sweating profusely. It was very uncomfortable 2.5 hour trip. We wanted to open some windows but we cannot. Horrible experience!

Also, on our 2nd stop to pick up other people. A group of friends were split into 2 buses. Yaiks!

1  Thank bbd21
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

They pick you up early for this one and make stops along the way.. Alot of buying stuff..but at the same time very informative and well worth the whole day. The mayan village was really interesting and lunch was yummy! Ulisses was our guide and he was hilarious. The ruins were amazing..we also had a guide for 40 min or so and then we went off to investigate ourselves. A little cave swimming on the way back and we were both happy and exausted. A cheaper tour yes..but woth it !!!!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We booked a trip to Chichen Itza via Entertainment plus and should not really complain for the price. This was a 12 hour day starting at 7am and the selling begins at the start. We are taken to Kulculkan plaza to wait for everyone else and conveniently placed in front of a restaurant with the guys coming round to ask us if we want breakfast every 10 mins. Granted it is cheap but unnecessary to constantly ask. We set off for the day and the guy talks the whole way through the morning which was irritating when you just want to rest. He need only talk for about 30 mins as most of the chat was to sell. The bus passed through Villadoid and stopping at a restaurant/shopping area combined. This is a tourist trap, exorbitant prices, but we were not hounded so it is fine. Lunch was at 11.30am! Food wasn't great but drink prices seemed reasonable for a restaurant. After this we went on to Chichen and think we got there about 2pm so we were walking around in the middle of the heat. We had a tour guide which lasted around 35/40 minutes and then some time to walk around on our own. After this we went to Ik kil cenote and then after that we went back to our hotels. The main guy on taking us back, gives us the tipping speech and when my friend in front is getting off he's like "tip!" to which she replies that I am giving it for the both of us...really unnecessary...tips are not mandatory. I gave a tip but it feels to me that this was what they were more concerned about for the whole trip, oh, along with trying to get as much sales for other things (mayan calendar, jewellery, tourist shop, picture on alcohol drink).

If you are looking for an exceptional trip to Chichen, this is not the one. If you are content with a a basic trip to say you have seen Chichen and to visit a cenote then this is as cheap as it gets. Just be prepared for a long day. One good thing is that the coach driver sells bottle of drinks at 10 pesos.

2  Thank Shopntravel_more
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were in Cancun in early Feb and went on the tour of Chichen Itza with Ulisses as our guide. He was great, very personable and courteous. The tour guide he recommended at Chichen Itza was another story! Jose gave a good tour, very knowledgeable BUT he turned into an ARROGANT S.O.B. at the end of the tour as he insulted the very patrons he wanted tips from!!! I was so taken back that I just walked away. What I should have done was report him right then and there. "Panther man" can stick it where the sun don't shine!!! Ulisses got the rest of the tip we would have given to Mr Rude Jose