We had a problem at check-in. We were supposed to have a room close to my son and his family (including small children). We were in totally different sections of the resort. It took several hours to resolve the situation.
The complex is huge with three major areas. At first we were in the "Grand" section which has great rooms, but is far away from most restaurants and activities. If you have small children, this section would be very inconvenient. Later we were transferred to the Sunrise section which has OK rooms All the rooms had balconies. How is it that I give high marks to the hotel yet hesitate to recommend it. One reason is cost which is more important to some people than to others. The second is that while the facilities were excellent, the food (except for the breakfast buffet which was fine) was rather mediocre for the price we paid. (We had dinner at 6 different restaurants.) Fish (except for one lunch buffet) was always grouper. The system of pools is elaborate, but the water was cold. The ocean was warmer, but once you got out into the water to waist level, the sand was covered with turtle grass. One could take a bus to other palace resorts, but this was inconvenient with children. We didn’t use the golf course. We didn’t use the spa, but my son and daughter-in-law did with mixed reviews.
Whether I would recommend this resort would depend on what the person was most concerned about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico