We have visited with members three times, each time we stayed at Sunrise, this time we stayed at the "Grand" which is for members only! We spent a considerable amount of our valuable vacation time waiting for a bus or van to transport us to Sunrise to eat or to the Spa & Golf area. The Grand is not complete and checking in was in one of the rooms, no lobby! Our first room over looked the uncompleted part of the Grand, we asked for another room and ended up on ground floor overlooking the brush. The design of the rooms are beautiful and spacious, with open steps down to the spa tub and patio area, but I felt like one of the Iguanas in a cave, the patio area is stoned in with an archway so you can only look one way, no ocean views.
We had an unexpected power outage from 11 am till 11 pm which proved to be interesting with lack of communication with staff, no candles, no phone, no flashlights. Major safety concerns with the open stairway. We found out the next day that other guests were offered the night at Nizuc till the power came back on.
The staff of Moon Palace has been cut from 3000 to 1500 and it shows. The service is not what it use to be. If you plan on purchasing clothing in any of the Moon Palace stores you better be an x-small or small or you are out of luck. This includes the golf shop!
I am very fond of Moon Palace and will go again in a heart beat but we will ask for the Sunrise, pack a flashlight and hope they get a better way to move people from one area to the next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico