We arrived during the height of the swine flu outbreak--our flight had about 18 passengers and so we went through Customs within 10 minutes. However, some uniformed lady who I thought was a security officer tried to prevent us from going to the beach pronto by wanting us to sign up for some trip to show us a property somewhere and join a tour she was selling us. Thank you, mil gracias, but I would like to go to my resort. "Enjoy my country!" she said, pained by our rejection.
Moon Palace - When they say all-inclusive, they mean it. I had a superior de luxe room, with a bar well stocked, free calls to USA, comfy bed, jacuzzi in my room overlooking the Mexican Gulf. Even the sunny days throughout my stay were included!
The staff were all very friendly and eager to please and every one does their job with a smile and genuine eagerness to make your stay memorable. I loved the South American wines with my dinners, which were all thoughtfully presented and served. The buffet spread was varied and plentiful and we were treated very nicely everywhere we went and were given attention when we have questions.
The pool was crystal clear. I prefer the ocean so I only swam briefly in the pool.
The beach was clean and we had the resort to ourselves. We counted less than 15 guests when we went to have lunch by the beach. And the gulf kept beckoning me!
I have read about the complaints of the seaweed at the beach. My opinion is that, the seaweed lives in that water; I am the one asking to share its space so I just looked for a space, and there was plenty, to swim in. I saw four other guests doing the same thing. Life was good.
I had my meals amongst the Palapa Fragata (I am not sure of the name now) and Palaba Barracuda and breakfasts at the Main lobby restaurants. Fragata has a delicious grilled seafood entree ( a la carte on dinners) and those empanadita appetizers are worth mentioning as well! I had a bottle of Mexican dry white wine and I also tried a Malbec from Argentina. At the Barracuda, I had a good Merlot from Argentina and a nice T-bone steak. My point is that they will not dissappoint you with the meals. There also was plenty of fresh fruits.
The resort is family oriented so as the days wore on, more and more guests arrived and the place was transformed with kids' laughter, families attending their children's weddings, etc.
I had a spa treatment, a holistic massage. It was good but not outstandingly unforgettable. I think their spa treatments are overpriced, $119 for a 45 minute treatmenm $81 for 25 minutes. One can get a treatment at a five-star spa for less than what Moon Palace spa charges. In fact, I had a treatment during an adventure cruise of the Galapagos Islands where I was taken by boat to a floating glass bottom treatment room where I and the only other person was the aesthetician and a curious sea lion that kept checking us out from the boat's bottom. And that treatment was less than a $100. Long after the treatment I got at Moon Palace, I was still thiking about how they arrived at their pricing:-) but I was okay once I think that I have contributed something to kick the global economy back into gear.
All in all, our experience with the Moon Palace Sunrise was positive- the staff were friendly and courteous, everyone was eager to help and please, the food was very good, the service great, room were clean and well equipped, the beach was clean, the landscape pleasing. It also gave me a slice of Mexican hospitality and a taste of their authentic cuisine. Mil gracias a ustedes!
This is an isolated resort--to some people this is a negative. I loved it. Grab your sunblock, a good book and find your place under the sun and yes,under the moon, at Moon Palace Spa and Golf resort. I did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Cancun's tranquil south shore, this resort offers more than 2,000 accommodations, each with double whirlpool tubs, 24-hour room service and balconies. The state-of-the-art Awe Spa and Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, located by the Golf Club House, offer a perfect getaway for guest. This all-inclusive resort has something for everyone, including a kid's club, nightclub, 14 restaurants, bars and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Kognitiv US Corp so you can book your Moon Palace Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Moon Palace Resort
- Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
- Moon Palace Mexico