“The kids had the best vacation EVER!”
Review of Moon Palace Cancun

Moon Palace Cancun
Ranked #23 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I made my reservation before reading the trip advisor reviews, so I was a little nervous going into this trip but I was very happy with the whole experience! The hotel was great! Very clean, friendly staff and so many activities for my 4 kids ages 6-14 they never had a dull moment! The beach was great but I will say we did take the shuttle to Beach Palace and their beach was BEAUTIFUL! I was torn about which resort to pick but I am very happy with my choice because Moon Palace is so large and offers so much...I think we would have been bored at Beach Palace since it is much smaller. Lastly the food was good, better than I expected going into an all inclusive. I would definitely stay here again! PS: Best fish tacos EVER!

Room Tip: We went with the connecting family rooms with nanny service. I used the nanny service one night and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Tina_L_Boston
YENNIACALVILLO, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Tina_L_Boston,

We appreciate the feedback about our services and facilities, a family like your is what we have on mind when we planned to offer such a large variety of activities.

I’m happy to hear that you and your family were comfortable and enjoyed your vacations

We look forward to serve you on your next t visit

MOON PALACE GOLF & SPA RESORT

Write a ReviewReviews (23,113)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My mom, grandma, friends and I went to the Moon Palace resort for spring break, and it was the best vacation I have ever been on! Food was great! Entertainment staff was a blast, every employee was extremely welcoming and friendly! I just want to go back because everything was so beautiful!

Dear Mayra C,

Your positive review gives pretty much everyone who works here a reason to smile. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

We’re glad to have maintained your positive perception of Moon Palace, and look forward to welcoming you back

Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This resort was so amazing. Me and my friends stayed at the Sunrise Lobby. Everyone working there was so sweet and accommodating. The food was delicious and the pools are beautiful! I particularly enjoyed meeting everyone on the entertainment staff because they are so genuinely nice and so much fun! Alberto on the entertainment staff is the best! (: I cannot wait to go back it was such a great experience. There were so many fun activities and things to do. I doubt that there is a better place to vacation on Cancun!

Dear Maddie C,

The entire team here takes great satisfaction in doing their jobs well, and your kind comments reinforce that.

Thanks for all of your great comments about us at Moon Palace, I will specifically share your review to Alberto on the entertainment team.

We’re really glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time send out this message.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The moon palace was absolutely amazing! My trip there was incredible and life changing! Although there isn't the best beach there due to coral and seaweed the huge pool makes up for it. The food and restaurants were very good. When we went the weather was perfect. Although there was a high humidity there was a beautiful breeze from the water. The shows were so funny and amazing to see. The best part of Moon palace hands down is the people there. All the staff were so incredibly nice and genuine. They always had a smile on their faces and did their jobs with happiness. Also the entertainment staff was amazing and so kind. On person in particular was a man who works on the entertainment staff named Alberto. He is such a kind, genuine, fun, carefree person. He made our trip so special and was just such an amazing person to meet. I hope to keep in touch with the people I met there. If I have the chance there is no doubt in my mind that I will be returning to Moon Palace!!!!!

3  Thank Lauren G
YENNIACALVILLO, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Lauren G,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your experience at Moon Palace Sunrise

I appreciate your feedback about the service provided by our staff, we are proud of our services and facilities

Thank you once again for staying with us!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Moon Palace for a friends wedding (Dates 4/23 - 4/27/14). Upon our arrival we realized immediately that this is a HUGE resort. To put it simply it is quantity over quality here.
The rooms are all exactly the same everywhere, however where your room is located is not. We were placed in the furthest building from the lobby (Stayed in Sunrise), which isn't necessarily a big deal, you just can't do the walk in heels (like if you are going to a wedding). We had to leave ourselves plenty of time to walk from the pool to our room, to dinner, etc. After a while we found it quite annoying.
Service, was mediocre at best. I will say though, from past experiences with traveling to Mexico, that compared to the US, they do everything slower, so I wasn't really surprised that it took forever for services here.
Food- I hate to be a Debbie downer, but it was not good at all.
We ate at the Italian restaurant in Sunrise 2x for dinner and both times it was terrible. We ate at the buffet in Sunrise for breakfast out of pure necessity because we didn't feel like taking a BUS to the other buildings just to eat a quick breakfast. We skipped a sit down lunch everyday and opted for the outside buffet of burgers and wings, etc so we could enjoy the pool and beach.
The food at the wedding was gross. The fish didn't taste right, the beef was overcooked. The best part was the rice.
The BEST PART of the trip (other than our friends beautiful vows) was the spa.
I had the massage and facial, which were wonderful and the staff there was great. My husband played golf and enjoyed the golf course.
Overall- I would NOT stay here again. Way to big. They lose the quality with the amount of guests, rooms, staff, etc.
I also would not stay here if you are looking for a quiet get away without kids. This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY resort, so if you are planning to travel sans kids, this is probably NOT the place for you :)
We will travel to Mexico again, as it is one of our favorite places, however this will not be on our list of resorts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the Lobby, otherwise you will be walking A LOT.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
Rosaura Y, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve all our services and amenities. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, but be assured that we will take this all into consideration. Contrary to what you mention in your review, we strive for consistent and superior quality for all our guests. Regardless all feedback is welcome and we will work harder to uphold our commitment to deliver the best services and amenities. We thank you for your time.
Respectfully,
ROSAURA YAÑEZ

Reviewed April 29, 2014

upgrades this year to lobby at nizuc matched the sunrise side in the wow facter.many resturant face lifts (gondola) new bars (english pub) more ala carte resturants and a new arena for concerts. every year place seems to get better. can hardly wait for next year when the moon grand will have 800 more rooms ,new lobby, more resturants and 75 more spa/massage rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tequila4steve,

We are really glad to learn that you liked our renovated facilities , with your kind comments you have definitely contributed to our success. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with all travelers.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

You must check out the sky bar at the beach palace, the view is amazing ! And the service is first class, look for a waitress by the name of Yadira~ she is the best !!!
Also if you need to make reservations for activites at the moon palace be sure to talk with Alejandro C. PVP at the moon palace he will suggest fun things to do based on what your family interests are !

Room Tip: We stayed in the family deluxe suite in the sunrise section at the moon palace Our rooms were on t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family