Moon Palace Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Grand At Moon Palace(Cancun)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Sun Palace(Cancun)
24,338 results
All reviewssunrise sectionnizuc sectionflow ridernizuc and sunrisegolf clubla gondolalos tacoslos caporalesresort creditla trattoriaswing barpublic relationspay taxvacation plannersbrazilian restauranthuge resortdolphin swim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is your place if you like expensive prices and in return get average food, cheap alcohol, terrible service all after you wait your turn in line. What good is it to have 2 restaurants that require reservations when you call and no reservations are available? And the other restaurants.... Well...wait 30 minutes in line, put your name on the wait list, then MAYBE you will be seated in another hour....and remember whether it's steak, Asian, Italian, Mexican, buffet or any type of al a carte the food was VERY average to below average!

And the point system? Don't even get me started....sure you might be generously 'given' 1500 points per room, BUT remember for every point spent you pay 16% tax. So we had 2 rooms, 3000 points, spent 2000 points and had a bill at the end of our ALL inclusive stay of nearly $700!

Oh, and if you want a good chair by a pool, better put a towel/magazine or something on one before 9 AM or forget about a good seat.

3  Thank Drlaurie1962
Rosaura Y, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

We take our commitment to providing all our guest with top services and amenities very seriously. We're sorry that this was not the case. In regards to the Resort Credit, all the terms and conditions can be found on our website. Our guests are the most important part of our business and we can assure you that we will work hard to follow through on that promise.
Respectfully,
ROSAURA YAÑEZ
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel . The hotel room was clean, the customer service was wonderful , the food was incredible. I was wondering why the house keeping staff was taking so long to clean my room.... It was because they are extremely thorough. They pull the bed out and clean behind it! Would highly recommend. Five stars...

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank 230beaver
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We spent a week at the Moon Palace in March 2014 and had a great time. I was a little worried based on some reviews, but everything worked out great. We were a family of five traveling with three boys aged 14, 11, and and 8. Most reviews I read were positive, but there were a few negative ones that worried me.
First complaint I was worried about - that the resort was too big. I was worried that there would be huge crowds as it was spring break. When We checked in, we only had to wait behind one other couple. There were no crowds in the lobby. It was a Thursday, which may have been a less busy day. However, I noticed that the lines were very short on others days too. People complained that they had to walk too far to the pools, lobby etc. I measured the distance from one end of the resort to the other. It was one mile- and this spanned all three sections. So, the most you might have to walk from your room to the pool or lobby couldn't have been more than maybe .15 of a mile. However, if you are schlepping little kids, or aren't very active it might be a bigger issue for you. I was also worried about people reserving chairs at the pool and not being able to find good seats. You did need to get to the pool early to find good spots, but we get up early so that was ok. I think if you are there by 8, you'll find something good. I also worried about making reservations and/or waiting at restaurants. We never had to wait at the buffets. But, you might at the restaurants that served a la cart. We waited in line starting at 5 to make a reservation at Momo- for the hibachi, but it was worth it!
Next worry- that the beach wasn't nice. My kids love to play on the beach so I worried about this. The beach was actually very nice, but there was a band of seaweed along the edge of the water every day. It didn't matter that much to my kids as there was no surf to play in. They would have preferred to stay somewhere where the beach had fun surf, but the pools, and specifically the Flow Rider, kept them plenty happy. No one really went in the ocean and there was not the turquoise water you expect in the Caribbean. One day we took the shuttle to the Beach Palace. The water there was that turquoise blue that you expect, and the surf was very fun. But the Moon Palace was a much better resort. Someone complained about having to wait for the shuttle, but I was there about 20 minutes early and it was no big deal.
The resort credits- I was worried that these would be a bit if a game, and they were. You paid tax on the item you used them for, but I felt that this wasn't enough to keep you from using them. But, I didn't feel the need to use all of them either. My husband and I each got a massage, which was good. When we booked them, they made us feel like booking the "regular" massage wouldn't be good enough and they tried to get us to upgrade (more money in Addition to points) but the regular massage was very good. We also used points for the dolphin experience at the hotel which was much more fun than expected! However I could not believe what they wanted to charge for photos. $300 for a family of 5. $300! Ridiculous. They'd be better off charging $10 or $20 per photo and at least selling one or two to each family.
Overall, the food was good, but nothing to write home about. Kids were happy and we always found good choices at each restaurant. I was really wishing for a nice big salad each day but decided to not worry about healthy eating until I got home! Salads were all a little odd, and too much dressing.
Room was great. We had the family suite and there' was plenty of room for all five of us.
Boys loved the Flow Rider and spent hours each day on it. They also loved the kids arcade. Free arcade games- what's not to love!
Oh, one other complaint I had read about- that the hotel was too remote. Depends on your point of view. We were there with our children and had no reason to go to clubs, etc. Since we'd already paid for food at the hotel I didn't see the need to go elsewhere to eat. Also, I felt a bit safer letting my kids roam knowing that they couldn't really go anywhere. There weren't neighboring resorts. I liked being close to the airport so that our vacation started quickly after we landed! I know, it's not very cultural to stay in the resort and not explore more, but it was a vacation to an all inclusive resort in Cancun- by definition, not our most cultural vacation!
If you have kids, definitely stay in the Sunrise section.
Overall, a great trip and the boys were asking when we could go back before we even left!

8  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We just completed a week at Moon Palace and liked it so much that we joined their vacation club for future visits. Great for families - with kids and teens I recommend that you stay at the Sunrise (kids/teen club located there). Very friendly people - Lupita in customer service was great, Miriam (pool server) was excellent. Golf cart guys - Alfredo & Darwin - excellent. Rooms are spacious and clean. Beach is not the white sand beach you see in Cancun hotel zone - so don't come here for the beach - everything else outweighs it though. You can take free transport from the hotel to the sister-resort (Beach Palace) for the beach, but we never wanted to leave. the Moon Palace! Pool areas are awesome and the food/drink is great - no skimping for this all-inclusive. Enjoyed the Brazilian steak house (at Nizuc) the most. Tipping isn't expected, but the service is so great, you will want to. Vacation planners on-site can make all of your reservations for parks, snorkeling, etc. - but can be slow, so plan some time to do this. We did the parasailing (skyrider) at the resort and it was great. We went to Xplor and Xcaret parks. Both were enjoyable (but tiring) day trips. Not Disney, but fun and entertaining.

Room Tip: Sunrise for kids/teens - biggest pool, teen club in lobby. Nizuc is good, but not as big of a pool. A bit quieter. Grand is farthest away - quiet for sure - not much there but a couple of restaurants. Probably best for adult travelers.
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Moon Palace is A beautiful resort! As palace members it was everything we expected from a Palace Resort. This resort is divided into 3 different resorts, we stayed at Nizuc which was right in the middle. They have lobby to lobby bus service to take you to the other areas which are Moon Grand, golf courses and spa are located there and Sunrise, which is newly remodeled and beautiful. Our room was beautiful, nice size with a double Jacuzzi and our balcony overlooking the pools and ocean and the amphitheater. our room number was 6424. thank you so much to our housekeeper! And many thanks to Rosy, from members services, who is an amazing lady who helped us so much with trips and tours and any questions we had. we did the wine tasting event and the Gentleman who ran it was great and was very educated in wines from all over the world. Dining was truly amazing. Every restaurant we went to was a great expierance! Our favorite was The Gondola, on the sunrise side. Italian food at its best and very special thanks to Andres and Manuel, our waiters who have exceded our expectations of what good service should be! they deserve a big raise. All in all it was a very positive experience, if I had to pick a downside it would be the beach. It's not as pretty as other parts of Cancun, but we took advantage of the bus to Sun Palace. the beach there is beautiful! Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you for coming and enjoy all our services, for us is a pleasure to read your comments and know that we met your expectations at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort. It will be an honor to see you again in the near future to keep surprising you many more times.

Hasta pronto!