“Highly recommend!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lac La Biche, Canada
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed at Moon Palace Sunrise section from Jan 26 - Feb 2 - excellent experience. Great place to take kids - lots to do. I have no negative comments about our stay - everything was fantastic. Rooms, food, activities and service was top notch. I have to mention our bellboy/driver Florencio - he was unbelievable. Went above and beyond to accommodate us and make sure everything was good. He provided us with daily transportation to and from different places within the resort (it is a huge resort). Going back again Mar 5th - can't wait.

Room Tip: Stayed in ocenview room at the "sombrao" building which is furthest away. It was very qui...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,891)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westtown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Let me begin by saying, we are a family of 5 (three children, ages 11,9,6) and we had the most AMAZING time at the Moon Palace! We stayed at the Sunrise, which was near everything! The hotel staff was so incredibly kind, gracious and accomodating. Seriously if we needed anything, all we had to do was ask.
Food: We enjoyed Bugambilias for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With 3 children, the buffet was wonderful because there was a huge selection at each meal, and the food was terrific!! Our son enjoyed four fried eggs with toast every morning. Our daughters enjoyed the pancakes, bacon, fruits and cereal every morning. My husband opted for the eggs and traditional American breakfast foods. And I got to enjoy the more traditional Mexican breakfast with chilequilas, salsa, quacamole, tostadas, huevos con chorizo, beans, fresh cantaloupe, honeydew melon, guava, grapefruit, etc... Everyday, for every meal there were wonderful options!
We also enjoyed Momo, the asian cuisine restaurant for dinner one evening. Excellent food, wonderful service. I will say next time we will make reservations, in ADVANCE, for a hibachi table. We weren't aware that reservations were needed for the Hibachi.
Lobby Bar: was wonderful to pick up a drink anytime we wanted! From water bottles to margaritas, it was nice and convenient. In the evenings there was some live entertainment that we would happen upon, on our way out to the evening Live Show outside.
Palapa Gragata: my husband and I cannot wait to return to the resort and try this restaurant. We will drop the kids off at the Playroom and enjoy a dinner here. It is kid/family friendly, it was just our kids wouldn't eat anything off the menu. The menu looked amazing!!!
The Brick Oven Pizza at the Pool was terrific. The pizza was made to order and was DELICIOUS!
The Pool Bar and the lunch buffet were also terrific. Grilled hamburgers, chicken and hot dogs were made to order and the buffet was full of fresh fruit, salads, and other lunch options!
Room Service: excellent! The first night we arrived it was near midnight and the kids were all starving, which was not a problem, room service delivered and it was fantastic!

Kids Playroom:
I can't say enough wonderful things about the playroom and the staff. Beatriz, Veronica and ALL of the young ladies (forgive me, I can't remember all of their names) were so kind and gentle and welcoming to all of the children. My 3 kiddos have never been to daycare, have had only 3 babysitters (outside of their grandparents) their entire lives, they are very much sheltered in that way and only feel comfortable with Mom & Dad or grandparents, no one else. SOOOOO, to my SURPRISE they LOVED the playroom so much, they begged for my husband and I to drop them off for a while! No Joke!!! They WANTED to play in there with the amazing staff and other kiddos!!! Not to mention, they handed us this cell phone/ pager and the staff and our kids had the ability to contact us if they needed or wanted us. Which never was the case! :) The first time we dropped them off, my husband ran back after an hour because he was worried about the kids and guess what, the kids were upset because Daddy didn't let them stay there longer! The next time we go, the kids will definitely spend an afternoon there so my husband and I can go on a "date"!

Entertainment Staff:
Poolside Melissa and Louisa were AWESOME!! They have such magnetic personalities and are so incredibly friendly to adults and children. From playing in the sand with the kids during Sandcastle building to dancing and engaging the pool crowd in games & activities, these young ladies were terrific!!

Rooms: We stayed in two adjoining rooms. One room had a king size bed and the other had two queen beds for the kids. The kids' room we literally pushed the two queen size beds together and all three kids loved it! The bath tubs in both rooms were used all the time! I believe some rooms have a living space and even kitchenette, but I don't know why that is needed. We spent very little time in our room. We had the fully stocked fridge, tons of bottled water, and liquor in both rooms, along with coffee and tea. We didn't need anything more! I would request similar rooms the next time. They were just perfect! Besides, with unlimited food and drinks, we didn't need a kitchen or anything more!! The cleaning staff was beyond kind and excellent. Our rooms were cleaned every day, always new towels, one night we needed an extra blanket and within 5 minutes the woman brought us a blanket!

Activities:
With our hotel credit we did the Snorkel Activitiy, just know that the taxi ride is not included in the package, so we paid $75 roundtrip for a family of 5. With that said, it was a hotel driver, and he told us exactly where and what time to meet him to return to the hotel. It was door to door service with the same driver!
We also went to Wet 'N Wild via boat one day, it was nice. The park is a bit outdated and is not large by any means, but for us, it was great. The wave pool, the lazy river and the bumper boats were the biggest hits!!! We were there for only 4 hours, so it was nice to do something different that morning.
Swiming with the Dolphins we did as a family at the Resort. I would highly recommend this to anyone! My husband and I loved it just as much as our kiddos! The only thing they get you on ($ wise) are the photos!!! You are not allowed to take your own photos, they have a photographer, who was excellent and you pose for the photos. It is an awesome service, but you pay the price for it. Each printed photo was something like $35, but if you wanted the disc with all the photos they were charging $60 per person. Seeing as there were 5 us, that would've meant $300. Just NEGOTIATE with them!!! We ended up negotiating down from $60 per person. We ended up with a great deal!! ;) And so worth every penny! The photos are awesome.
Complimentary Hotel Shuttle to Beach Palace Resort in Cancun - the shuttle left at noon and we went outside about 30 minutes prior to wait in line. It shuttled us to the heart of the City and dropped us off at the Beach Palace Resort. It drops you off at a central location so you can go shopping in the City and you can even take another bus (about 15 min) to the Mercado. We did neither, we went to the Beach Palace Beach and Pools. The beach was beautiful with BIG waves! It was nice, they also had a heated pool which was super nice because we went on a rainy day. We'll take the kids back to the beach there for an afternoon the next time we visit, but overall we preferred the Moon Palace look and feel and beach! The water was beautiful and the beach was too, but the waves were quite big and with our 3 kids, all of whom are avid swimmers, I think one afternoon would be enough.

Spa in the Sunrise:
I got to use our complimentary massage, manicure and pedicure. The spa was so clean and relaxing. I can't wait to go back! My daughters both got the top half of their heads braided in the spa ... it was super expensive, but we used our Hotel Credits for that, and their hair turned out incredible!!

Outdoor Live Shows at the Sunrise were all fantastic!! Super family friendly, all shows beginning at 8 or 9 pm. Sometimes they even had a kid event up on stage before the show began. Beatriz was an excellent kid host!! And Marco (I hope I am remembering his name correctly)was fabulous opening up the shows every evening. By the end of the week he would expect our family every night!!! He's great!

Beach at Moon Palace: The waters is very calm at the Moon Palace beach, which is awesome for families. There is a beautiful sandbar where the water is crystal blue, and that is where we would walk out to and swim at. It is just a couple of feet of shells/rock/seaweed that you walk through and then you're in paradise. The calm waters and ability to walk out real far and swim was so amazing, wonderful & relaxing! All of the chairs and umbrellas on the beach is an added bonus, along with the volleyball courts. The kids had a wonderful time playing soccer or digging in the sand!

The FLOWRIDER was great!!! My husband, 9 year old son, and 6 year old daughter spent hours on that!!! They all rode the boogie board. It is a must do while you are there!!

The pools were beautiful! We spent hours at the pool! Swimming, playing, sunbathing!!! There are sooooo many pools and chairs to select from!! It is so spacious, never did we feel like we were on top of those around us!

The TEEN ROOM was AWESOME!! As a family, we would go in and play arcade games, my son would play video games, and we'd all play air hockey or pool. Such an awesome space for kids and families!!! Not to mention the yummy popcorn, ice cream and desserts they keep in there!

All in all, the Moon Palace Resort is where we will return to! The Sunrise location was perfect and seemed to be located closest to EVERYTHING! I absolutely do not have one negative thing to say about our experience at the Moon Palace Resort. We stayed for 7 days and would have loved to stay for another 7 days. We cannot wait to return there! The staff is amazing! Everyone is kind and helpful and gracious!!!

Room Tip: Sunrise location seemed to be closest to everything. We'll definitely stay there again.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank Sheri G
Farmington, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We traveled to Moon Palace back in November, We had a lovely Presidential suite in the Moon Grand Section. We loved the restaurants, the pools, the staff. Our room was wonderful.

I have to say we were so very lucky to travel when there were still turtle releases going on! On the day of our arrival, we had just gotten to our room and my husband was on the balcony and heard them announce that there would be a turtle release in about 45 minutes. What a thrill!!! A small group of us gathered on the beach to release sea turtles and cheer them on while they journeyed to the ocean.

I've been meaning to review, but mostly to be able to acknowledge some of the wonderful staff. When we first arrived, our room wasn't ready, so we went to eat in the restaurant at the Moon Grand (lunch). We were seated in Carlos Tuz's area, he quickly became one of our favorite staff! We requested to sit in his area whenever we could, he was quick, efficient, friendly and fun. Others that we found to be very helpful were Ricardo Asencio, Addy Novelo, Enrique May and Miguel Angel. They were wonderful. On our last day, Carlos and his co-workers made our table extra special, and decorated it with flower petals. My husband and I would frequently go to the bar on the roof at the Moon Grand at night and had great conversations and service with Elvir Romeo Flores de la Cruz. Omar Valenzuela was a great concierge, always available to answer questions and get whatever we needed, whether it was information or aromatherapy pillows! Back to our first day, our bellman, Emiliano, was awesome, such a personality, such a smile and such a warmth. Whenever we would see him during our week, he would smile and wave. I wish I could remember the names of the lovely women that took care of me at the Salon doing my nails and at the Spa. They were wonderful!!!

My husband and I took a day trip to Playacar Palace and ran into an old friend, Elvira Blanco, in guest services who remembered us from close to 10 years ago!! That's one thing I always notice about Palace, staff remembers you and treats you like family. I honestly think that is one of my favorite parts about the Palace. Yes, the rooms are lovely, the food is great, drinks flow freely, but the staff.... they make the vacation so special. Love the Palace people!

We made some great friends while we were there, we hope to meet up with them again on future travels, and make new friends along the way.

We miss you Cancun!! Especially now looking out the window with the ground covered in snow. So, Carlos and friends, save us a nice table and have a cocktail waiting!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed at the Moon Palace from Jan 26 to Feb 2 at the Sunrise section. There is not one thing I could complain about. The rooms were spotless and thoroughly cleaned daily. The food is the best we have had at any resort in Mexico or Dominican. The staff is amazing, front desk check in and out was a breeze. The daily entertainment at the Sunrise pool is great and we enjoyed the evening shows. Our favorite bar was the outdoor bar at the Sunrise with the swings, the staff there are the best!!! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathie M
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience at moon palace!! The resort is big, beautiful and very well taken care of! The beach has soft white sand! Our room was roomy and cleaned multiple times a day!! The pools were great and the kids pools had slides and climbing features to keep them busy!! The food and restaurants were great! The best one was the Brazilian steakhouse and the best servers were Orlando and Melecio... They were so good to us!!! The kids club is amazing, I could've spent the day there myself, and the ladies took great care our of son, Christina and Krishna were so good to him!!!
The bars and gear and plentiful and the bartenders can make any drink under the sun!
Overall, an amazing experience and would highly recommend it!!

Stayed January 2014
NormaGranados, Public Relations Manager at Moon Palace Cancun, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
We are delighted that you share your experience to all our readers. It is great for us to know that our Activities Department has created happy memories to you, and this motivates us to continue providing a high quality services to all our guests. Thank you for enjoying our rooms, food and especially our Palace Resorts service. We would be honored to serve you always.

Hasta pronto!

Norma Granados / Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Moon Palace was fantastic! We stayed January 28-February 2. This was our first resort experience, and we definitely did the research before choosing it. The restaurants were amazing, the service was excellent, and facilities were very clean and well taken care of. Shout out to Jorge Baas and Hecner Martinez at the Nizuc restaurant, and Gergorio from the mini-golf who all gave us superb customer service.

We didn't want to leave... and we plan on coming back one day!

Room Tip: We stayed at Nizuc section which is in the middle of the resort. It's the best of both worlds...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank StevenandJustine
Thank you for your review, for us is very important to know that you enjoyed our services and our employees have made you feel comfortable and welcome. Our doors and our hearts are open to welcome you back in the near future. It will be a pleasure to host you at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, as your second home!
Norma Granados / Public Relations Manager @ Nizuc
Amery, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had two other couples joining us. Requested ocean view and close to the pool and dining. Staff came through as we knew they would. All of the staff gives exceptional service and are very friendly. We spent two weeks there and the food is so fabulous that you finally get to the point that you don't think that you can eat another bite. Resort gives you wonderful walking and running spaces. The grounds are so beautiful and well maintained. No complaints from us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dmlubow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#8 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,538 reviews
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Moon Palace Cancun? Share your experiences!